Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
funny

Zachary Campbell is NOT having it

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

high heeled fem
5 minutes ago, Edonis said:

??? I'm talking about Zachary Campbell and his reaction calling it country when it's folk? ???

"But everyone should take this as an example that people in this fan base don't know the variants in pop music and what country music is period."

also it's not country it has a rock Christian vibe 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga wanted to write something personal and heartfelt and she picked this style because she felt it catered best to what she wanted to say with these songs.

Sorry you wanted electro dance music and didn't get it I guess - but this is what she wanted for her sound so either get over that disappointment and get into it, or wait for the next album- listen to an old one- or listen to another artist who is doing the type of music you like.

I guess I have a different perspective on it because I listen to a ton of different genres of music. I also grew up with country music and there is a sort of storytelling aspect to it that is unique to that genre in my opinion. Fancy by Reba, or even a silly song like Goodbye Earl by The Dixie Chicks. *THOSE* are some storylined country songs. Million Reasons? It has guitars and a little emotive twang... and some people are freaking out like she just hit you in the head with a banjo. 

yASSsss
38 minutes ago, Themysciran said:

This isn't a natural progression and it feels unauthentic. 

i want to know your definition of "unauthentic" :interestinga:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Edonis
Just now, high heeled fem said:

"But everyone should take this as an example that people in this fan base don't know the variants in pop music and what country music is period."

also it's not country it has a rock Christian vibe 

It was folk. I went to a Baptist school for much of my life. As a gay, raised in a Muslim family, youth. InTexas. I know Christian rock. That was not Christian rock. People (like yourself I guess) are calling these things country and whatever, but that's folk music. Not country. 

I think people are overreacting. The whole point about the Nashville performance was to focus a bit on her Country influences, at least that's how I took it.

She has said multiple times that LG5 is a mix of many music genres. And that Pop is at the center of it all.

You people haven't heard the studio versions of A-Yo and Sinner's Prayer. You haven't heard the whole album yet. So sit down and wait until October 21st, maybe then you'll actually have a true reason for having your meltdown.

Until then, listen to Perfect Illusion while noticing it has NOTHING to do with country music. Bye :madge:

Dawson

agree with everything he said 200%. We're as entitled to our opinions as Gaga is entitled to change her music up. So far, I'm disappointed. 

Me personally I feel like she's evolving as an artist as I'm evolving/growing up in my tastes. I don't really enjoy most of the music in the charts at the moment I prefer real heartfelt music over 'bops' and she's delivering that this era so  I'm all for it. Every album she has brought out has been the kind of music I wanted at the time strangely it's like she knows! 

22 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

I can't.

She loves the gays, always will.

I need to just log off this site for good. It makes me question my love for music, gaga, and the fan base constantly. It's quite sad.

I just want to enjoy Gaga for who and what she is. 

i really loved the song, love the song. I can't remember the last time I put a song on repeat like this. Beautiful western pop song, especially towards the end. This is her role right now. Amazing how all over the place she is right now. It's like she traded in her unending parade of outfits for an unending parade of personas. Seriously, who else could find it in them to invest so much energy into bombarding us with a deluge of unexpected personas? Seriously.

Torsoface

Zachary said everything that is on my mind! Joanne better have at least ONE (1) BOP song that I can dance to in clubs.

jereve
1 hour ago, iCpro said:

I kinda agree with him tho :blink: MR, SP, and A-yo are all great songs, but I am concerned that they're a bit too country. Don't get me wrong, I like what I've heard so far, but I stan Gaga for hard hitting pop beats, and Joanne doesn't seem to be quenching my thirst. But I also agree with Zach that I'm putting her into a pop box and she is an artist who is free to make the music she wants. It's like if you follow a particular movie franchise that's horror for instance and then they change it to a rom-com during the fifth instalment. BTW I've already preordered Joanne and I'll probably end up liking it, I'm just a bit concerned/disapointed that it's not what I was expecting.

Hide contents

But once again, that's entirely my fault for putting her in a box, not Gaga's.

YOU LITERAL JUST REPEATED EVERYTHING HE BASICALLY SAID.

DISSAPOINTED ABOUT SOMETHING UNEXPECTED?

Here are list of artists par to your expectations:

1. Beyonce

2. Selena Gomez

3. Nicki Minaj

4. Ariana Grande

5. Katy Perry

6. Hailee Steinfeld

7. Halsey

8. Britney Spears

9. Madonna

10. Rihanna

11. Jennifer Lopez

12. CHAINSMOKERS

NEED I GO ON?

13. JUSTIN BIEBER

14. ONE DIRECTION

15. TOVE LO

16. FIFTH HARMONY

17. TAYLOR SWIFT

18. [INSERT UNORIGINAL SINGER HERE]

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

iCpro
1 minute ago, javaisreve said:

1. Beyonce

2. Selena Gomez

3. Nicki Minaj

4. Ariana Grande

5. Katy Perry

6. Hailee Steinfeld

7. Halsey

8. Britney Spears

9. Madonna

10. Rihanna

11. Jennifer Lopez

12. CHAINSMOKERS

NEED I GO ON?

13. JUSTIN BIEBER

14. ONE DIRECTION

15. TOVE LO

16. FIFTH HARMONY

17. TAYLOR SWIFT

What's your point? If you're saying I should unstan Gaga then you should take several seats :whitney:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

jereve

19. ZARA [SOMESHIT] THE LUSH LIFE BITCH

20. ELLIE GOULDING

WANNA KEEP IT GOING?

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

AlexanderLevi2
2 minutes ago, javaisreve said:

1. Beyonce

2. Selena Gomez

3. Nicki Minaj

4. Ariana Grande

5. Katy Perry

6. Hailee Steinfeld

7. Halsey

8. Britney Spears

9. Madonna

10. Rihanna

11. Jennifer Lopez

12. CHAINSMOKERS

NEED I GO ON?

13. JUSTIN BIEBER

14. ONE DIRECTION

15. TOVE LO

16. FIFTH HARMONY

17. TAYLOR SWIFT

Madonna is unoriginal.... Ok:nails:

Currently listening to Joanne

jereve

2 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Madonna is unoriginal.... Ok:nails:

No. I said insert an unoriginal artist HERE. ON THAT NUMBER. Did I say anything about her? I simply listed artists that can give someone what they expect from that person.

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

iCpro
4 minutes ago, javaisreve said:

19. ZARA [SOMESHIT] THE LUSH LIFE BITCH

20. ELLIE GOULDING

WANNA KEEP IT GOING?

Sure, but you're wasting your time :awkney:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Archived