news

Lady Gaga / Million Reasons

VANTABLACK

Featured Posts

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
calmar

I'm personally not a fan of the song - I'm not the biggest ballad fan and the religious overtones ruin it for me - but I'm happy a lot of people like it. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

doppelganger

On the surface , it's a song about a staying in a broken relationship.

Under that though, it's about Gaga finding solace, moving on with her anxiety and making new music on her own terms. 

The song is heartbreaking.

Juanjo

The song literally gives me chills. It is so beautiful. :giveup: Gaga's voice, the lyrics, the message. I love this iteration of our queen! 

Tropico

I feel so underwhelmed. Maybe my expectations of Gaga are unfairly high, or more likely, I just wasn't expecting Joanne to take this turn. I don't think I'm really gonna feel this album tbh. It sounds good but... It isn't right for me. CountryGa ain't my vibe. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

VersaceKing

It's a grower, like Perfect Illusion.

I needed more then 3 listenings in order to fell in love with the song, just like with PI :wub:

kaojen

Love the song. Wonder what she had planned for the second real single. I hope she gets her way this album and her choice goes instead of a well performing promo single. Not sure what she had planned but I'm hoping for the best with her creative vision this era. I like HappyGa like she was during Cheek to Cheek. It seems as though she's there with how she's interacting with fans.

Jay Elizondo

This song is so powerful to me becuase it has several layers that I don't think Gaga predicted. At face value it's a song about desperately trying to hold on to someone you're falling our of love with and yearning for just one reason to find what made you love them in the first place. As some fan have pointed out, it's also about her relationship with us. We give her a million reasons to quit making music. Ever since ARTPOP, her breaking her hip, and then Cheek to Cheek, Gaga fans have ripped her apart for being too electronic, not releasing music fast enough, or for singing in a genre that isn't pop. We want her to be more stripped down and more acoustic and not rely on antics. We want her to be conceptual, high fashion, and make mind numbing pop tracks that slay the charts. All of the counterproductive and contradicting critiques she hears all the time, trying to direct her music and career to make us happy, when fans just want her to release TFM again. Theres no room for her to grow or change. We give her a million reason to leave, but those of us who stay no matter what give her that one reason to stay with us. Lastly, I think this can be said about us -- The fans. We are people and are aloud to like and dislike music and other facets of life. Doesn't make us terrible, or fake fans, or betraying her for not liking everything she touches. A true stan loves that she's happy, healthy, and making. Not that she's releasing one version of pop music over and over again. That being said, some of us feel a little betrayed as well. A lot of us have expressed that Gaga no longer exudes what we fell in love with about her. To some of us, she's given us a million reasons to leave. Whatever those reasons may be, are sure valid to some. To some of us, we need her to give us that one reason to keep stanning for her.  For me personally, country music has been a very oppressive genre of music and so I've never been a fan. That being said, I adore several of the snippets i've heard as well as Million reasons despite their country/folk influence. To some fans however, they do not like country music and can't justify it just becuase Gaga is the one making it. That's very valid and it doesn't mean they're abandoning her, but more just taking a strong stance on what they enjoy, and believe me to most it's actually quite painful for fans to take that stance becuase they feel guilty not enjoying the new era as much as they genuinely want to. As shallow or 'fake' as it may sound, to some fans, a high energy dance pop track is the one reason to stay. Thoughts?

19 hours ago, Spooky said:

I love her voice. :flutter:

Yes, it's really a warm hug, Mark described it :wub: That's how I wanted to hear her for a long time and not just with  acoustic versions, but full on an album. Hugging husky voice  :flutter:

Archived