💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga / Million Reasons

VANTABLACK

Featured Posts

My absolute favourite song of hers. If this is not going to be a single, then idk, who the hell are the guys at her label choosing her singles???!!! I'm already so so sad and dissapointed that PI was chosen as the lead when they actually have a song like that. GO AND SHOW EM, MILLION REASONS!!!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually really here for this? I totally wasn't expecting to be. It's nothing original at all, but it is a pretty perfect facsimile of the songs and genres that Gaga wants to emulate. And it benefits from her gift with crafting melodies as well as her vocals. Gaga "doesn't have the range" of a lot of her contemporaries, but she's always been one of the most emotive with her vocals. Her voice has a texture and expressiveness, an almost feral quality, that her peers lack. It serves her well here.

And Million Reasons was actually my least favorite from the dive bar performance last night. But I'm super satisfied with the studio version, which makes me even more excited to hear the studio versions of Ayo and Sinner's Prayer.

arthurhmangum

I BOW DOWN TO PRAY, I TRY TO MAKE THE WORST SEEM BETTER.

tumblr_inline_oen5sczrTB1rpibb1_500.gif

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

arthurhmangum

I’ve got a hundred million reasons to walk away, but, baby, I just need one good one to stay.

tumblr_inline_oelvddPmR31rxtl1w_500.gif

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

Janne Monsen Tveit

My favorite out of the four, by far. Probably my favorite first impression since DWUW as well. (The only ARTPOP track I still listen to regularly.) It's just so simple and honest. But I have a feeling Hillary Lindsey had a big influence on this one. 

http://730.no

PurpleJungle

After listening to it a few more times, I have to say the track has grown on me. I still don't think it comes to close to the deepness of some of her old songs, but I can appreciate it for what it is. A good country-ballad record.

I recommend everyone who didn't like it at first, to give it another try. It's easy to compare her present work with her past work, and have a full list of expectations... But forget all that.

Just focus on the sound, the lyrics and Gaga's voice and I'm sure you'll change your mind.

Anyways, even if I don't like one song, I'll still enjoy Gaga as an artist, so keep going girl. :golfclap:

Kahzandra
14 hours ago, SKANK said:

This song will join Jewels N' Drugs and Christmas Tree in the small pile of Gaga songs that I'll never listen to again.

Gaga's hallmark repetitive chorus, which is so hypnotic when paired with an electronic beat, comes across as amateur and in artful when applied to this style of music. You can tell it was co-written by Hillary Lindsey, it's exactly the kind of cookie cutter corn ball country that she churns out for country/pop cross over artists like Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift. The only redeeming part of this song are her vocals, but even they are exhausting by the end.

Sinner's Prayer sounds promising, and I refuse to believe Mark Ronson would stamp his name on an album that was a total disaster. So, I'm patiently waiting for Joanne.

^^^literally everything you said.  I love that Gaga wants to go in her own direction and give the middle finger to the current chart status quo...but this is to me is more basic and "safe" than her electro pop sound.    My cousin live in Nashville and performs music there - I have gone to see her perform a few dozen times on a roster with other acts.  I am not joking when I say that every female artist struggling to make it big there has several songs in their catalogue that sound exactly like "Million Reasons".  It is disappointingly safe and too cliche, like 2000s country-pop music diva .   Luckily, Sinner's Prayer is darker and a bit more interesting sounding.  I'm still super excited to hear the rest of the album so I won't let this one track taint my anticipation for it

ItsTommyBitch

Sounds SO much better in HQ.

I don't like Country or even Folk acoustically, but her vocals save this for me, along with the lyrics :emma: 

私è‡Șèș«ă‚‚こた䞖た䞭もèȘ°ă‚‚ă‹ă‚Œă‚‚ăŒ, どんăȘă«èŻă‚„ă‹ăȘäșș生でも, どんăȘにæ‚Č惚ăȘäșș生でも, い぀かは怉èȌし, ç ŽćŁŠă•ă‚Œă€æ¶ˆæ»…ă—ăŠă—ăŸă†. すăčăŠăŒă‚‚ăšă‚‚ăšă“ăźäž–ă«ć­˜ćœšă—ăȘい侀瞬ぼćč»æƒłăȘぼだから

itschino1

It was such a mistake to read through this entire thread. All the bickering, the arguing, the sass. I hate to think the fact, that we, a really strong fan base is growing apart. 

Can we not enjoy what is given to us? 

Archived