❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
news

Lady Gaga / Million Reasons

VANTABLACK

Featured Posts

SKANK
27 minutes ago, definthejam said:

So the songs are good and that's a fact? Anybody who says otherwise is deluded? Why are you so blinded by everything Gaga does gee I hate it when people are so single-minded and ignorant. YOU think that YOU can grasp the breadth and complexity of her growth and maturity as an artist. Other people have other opinions. That's life. Just grow the f**k up tbh because this "praising gaga blindly no matter what she does" thing is getting old smh

It's unfortunate that you just can't grasp the breadth and complexity of the artistic evolution which has turned Gaga over night into the Bob Dylan of pop. By simply adopting a more critically praised style of music her art has been legitimized. She is Leonard Cohen in Drag. Go listen to your trashy Top 40 if you can't handle the pure poetry and lyrical genius of lines like "can't you give me what I'm needin', needin'" or "ayo ayo we smokin' them all."

Spoiler

:derpga:

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MelbHawker

It's a pretty, refreshing song. Melodically, it's not strong at all. Lyrically, it's quite sophisticated. It's refreshing to see her voice FINALLY be a song's main asset. I love the song, and am here for this record.

..... COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS HERE WE COME. 

3 minutes ago, SKANK said:

It's unfortunate that you just can't grasp the breadth and complexity of the artistic evolution which has turned Gaga over night into the Bob Dylan of pop. By simply adopting a more critically praised style of music her art has been legitimized. She is Leonard Cohen in Drag. Go listen to your trashy Top 40 if you can't handle the pure poetry and lyrical genius of lines like "can't you give me what I'm needin', needin'" or "ayo ayo we smokin' them all."

Hide contents

:derpga:

Hahahaha I love you and I love sarcasm and your post is everything i meant so thank you!

destructivelove
2 hours ago, definthejam said:

Wow. Do you really think that Million Reasons is gonna smash? It totally sounds like a filler and I doubt any radio is gonna play that except for the ones who got paid and maybe a few progressive country ones. Now that we heard 3 other tracks from the album, I think PI was a great single choice even though it's not that radio friendly. If she released million reasons or A-Yo as a lead she would be gone and forgotten by now.

Okay first off literally no one I know appreciates perfect illusion aside from die hard fans and the gays who come along during gaga eras to pretend they stan.  I've tried playing perfect illusion for so many non-gaga fan friends and they are completely underwhelmed.  Noting how repetitive and "boring" it is.  Million reasons on the other hand played at the club tonight I was at as the closing song and SO many people were like oh **** this is actually so good. Where has gaga been?!  Most didn't even know PI was a thing.  And tbh most don't outside of this fan base and the gay community.  MR is exactly the kind of radio formula song that pop radio will eat up right now. Bookmark me.  If this song gets a proper radio release and video it will do way better longevity wise than PI

Laceface

I'm a little underwhelmed but it's a cute gentle ballad. However, it kinda sounds like something that would leak as an unreleased track that didn't quite make it on the album. 

Kermit the frog

I would've never thought she would release a basic christian rock song, but here we are. It's nice that her voice is finally being showcased, but come da fuq on - stop yelling at me, Gaga! The howling is starting to become unbearable and now we also get it in studio versions of her songs. Not here for it. 

Give me the "different direction" stuff you were talking about. 

SKANK
Just now, Moon Pix said:

this song is getting to me so hard 

Do you mean it's getting your arteries hard because it's so cheesy?  badum-ching

Moon Pix
1 minute ago, SKANK said:

Do you mean it's getting your arteries hard because it's so cheesy?  badum-ching

i dont need your cheesy comment

its just getting to me

maybe if you stop analyzing it so hard and trying to be so so smart in your musical critique you could just feel it

im sorry that u cant, its doing good to me

MelbHawker
5 minutes ago, Kermit the frog said:

Give me the "different direction" stuff you were talking about. 

This I agree with. She's been crapping on about how she wants to push the envelope... her songs sound country, though. Like... they sound like cliche country and that's the only thing annoying me right now. I want her to push the envelope. What I've heard from Joanne thus far is legit going nowhere in terms of direction. They're melodies that sound all too familiar. 

Not hating on any of the music this far, but she's positioning her work as something it's actually not this time round. Hearing the 3 songs she performed tonight.. it now makes sense why PI was chosen as the lead. 

I am. It gonna lie, I only liked the song because of the lyrics.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Dominic

Just heard the live version and it is so much better than the studio. I hear and definitely feel the emotion and i honestly love it. Unfortunately the studio version is still coming across flat and boring. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

SKANK
4 minutes ago, Moon Pix said:

i dont need your cheesy comment

its just getting to me

maybe if you stop analyzing it so hard and trying to be so so smart in your musical critique you could just feel it

I just don't think it is very gouda. But I'm glad your feeling it.

Archived