Lady Gaga / Million Reasons

VANTABLACK

Featured Posts

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Creyk said:

It's a cute song. Not her best ever but better than PI at least :emma:

It is interesting though, i thought the point of super short albums like with 11 songs is that they are all killer no filler. But we already have 2 songs which are very far from being "killers"? So what's up with that Gaga? Is your genius really gone? Or is it just that your collaborators are talentless and ruined whatever ideas and concepts you had? I am really confused.

Totally agreed. Everything I've heard so far from Joanne except for PI sounds very weak to me. They are obviously not gonna smash in any way. If these are the songs that made the cut, I don't even wanna hear what songs they cut from the album lol:toofunny:

9 minutes ago, aaronyoji said:

are you serious? 

this is such a good song. all three songs she's debuted aren't really filler. yeah, one maybe more light hearted and not smash-single material (ayo, imo) but its still a well written song. million reasons deserves to smash, its a great, great song. a song doesn't need to be high concept just to be deep and beautiful. her songwriting is actually showing through now. 

so I'm sorry but you don't really have a leg to stand on. 

Wow. Do you really think that Million Reasons is gonna smash? It totally sounds like a filler and I doubt any radio is gonna play that except for the ones who got paid and maybe a few progressive country ones. Now that we heard 3 other tracks from the album, I think PI was a great single choice even though it's not that radio friendly. If she released million reasons or A-Yo as a lead she would be gone and forgotten by now.

ReidOne

OMG ----- OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm listening now for the first time on the Dive Bar show and I'm SLAYED!!! 

This is everything, guys!!!!!!

ReidOne

This song blows "Speechless" and "Dope" OUT OF THE WATER!!!! Hillary Lindsey, come thru, sis!!! This is it!!!

aaronyoji
6 minutes ago, definthejam said:

Wow. Do you really think that Million Reasons is gonna smash? It totally sounds like a filler and I doubt any radio is gonna play that except for the ones who got paid and maybe a few progressive country ones. Now that we heard 3 other tracks from the album, I think PI was a great single choice even though it's not that radio friendly. If she released million reasons or A-Yo as a lead she would be gone and forgotten by now.

well, gone and forgotten is a little dramatic. and no a-yo would've been a bad first single choice, its a little too familiar to MANiCURE, and the cheese factor takes a second to get used to. BUT million reasons is a great song, I'm not saying i think it'll smash, who even knows. I'm just saying its far from filler. it just....has this way about it, the few songs she's previewed flow so much better than her past edm based music. 

but yes, perfect illusion was the best choice as lead. its pop enough in its structure and melodies to remember and swallow down, but presented in a new way that ushers in gaga's new found direction. 

Killa

The best, it's real country with some gospel and she nails the genre. Oh this such a great day i'm loving john wayne as well

Just now, aaronyoji said:

well, gone and forgotten is a little dramatic. and no a-yo would've been a bad first single choice, its a little too familiar to MANiCURE, and the cheese factor takes a second to get used to. BUT million reasons is a great song, I'm not saying i think it'll smash, who even knows. I'm just saying its far from filler. it just....has this way about it, the few songs she's previewed flow so much better than her past edm based music. 

but yes, perfect illusion was the best choice as lead. its pop enough in its structure and melodies to remember and swallow down, but presented in a new way that ushers in gaga's new found direction. 

For some reason i think that Gaga is not giving us the best songs on the album? I feel like there are some songs on Joanne that'll still smash but I think she is trying not to ruin the surprise. I'm not saying that the songs we haven't heard so far are EDM ARTPOP tracks (i'm not that into that either lol) I'm just saying that she wants to keep the best as a surprise till the end. 

And btw, the best one i've heard so far is sinner's prayer. Even though i don't LOVE it, I can appreciate it because it's a good song

sarahb
20 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

I know everyone thinks this is about fans, but I feel like it's so obvious about Taylor. They're on a """"break"""" currently and so this song is her saying she just needs one reason. To me this is her saying this is why she isn't giving up, because of all the wrong he's done, she just needs one reason and she'll stay.

"And if you say something that you might even mean
It's hard to even fathom which parts I should believe"

This lyric makes me so sad. :giveup: TAYLOR, DON'T SPREAD THE LIES TELL HER YOUR FEELINGS. This is also backs up my feelings that she's the one that ended things, not him.

The song being about fans never even occurred to me, and I still think it's a bit of a stretch. I agree it definitely sounds like it's about Taylor

Poope MOnster
Just now, Killa said:

The best, it's real country with some gospel and she nails the genre. Oh this such a great day i'm loving john wayne as well

Where john wayn did i miss something?

lavenderblondee
2 minutes ago, sarahb said:

The song being about fans never even occurred to me, and I still think it's a bit of a stretch. I agree it definitely sounds like it's about Taylor

Right?

Taylor,

tumblr_inline_od7yol6lSj1rq8rt6_500.gif

ARTPOPNick

normally I'm the negative one here, but this sounds like her best ballad..

It might not be a #1 hit, but it's a really really good ballad from gags

Archived