Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Taylor Swift have a bigger legacy than Lady Gaga?

CLLGaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dawson

social impact? Meat dress and paws up and ra ra ah ah ah will have such a social impact. There's no real Taylor Swift real life metaphors, but yeah she is more successful.

commercially yes artistically not in a million years if she keeps doing those teeny boppers music

StrawberryBlond
On 05/10/2016 at 4:25 PM, LDR said:

You use the word objective but this is the most subjective post I've seen.

Really? I thought it was very objective. I weighed up their talents and compared them. Gaga undoubtedly has a better voice than Taylor, only a fool would object to that. While Taylor can play instruments, she can only play basic chords and suchlike (according to actual instrument players, this isn't my words) whereas Gaga plays her instruments with so much more drive and gusto. And as for songwriting, well, this one's a walkover. Taylor still makes music that sounds as if it could have been written by a teenager (with only a few exceptions) but Gaga writes like an adult and is so much more elaborate and creative. Put it this way, my parents don't care about either of them, but whenever Taylor has done a live performance on tv, my parents never looked up. When Gaga performs, they have to watch that screen and they're like "that girl's got talent." Most people are made aware of Gaga's talent when they see one of her live performances because it sounds so good they have to stop what they're doing. That's really where the objective part comes in. And are you seriously denying that Gaga has more worldwide impact than Taylor? Taylor didn't even start to be heard of worldwide until her 4th album (she only toured a very small portion of the world outside America even so) and she's still struggling with worldwide success with 1989 (11 countries on tour - some 'world' tour that was). Gaga was selling millions all over the world with her debut. Taylor may be able to sell out stadiums...in America and Australia. She can't sell out stadiums in Europe, Africa and Latin America (where she's never even been) like Gaga did with BTWB. Let's be real here.

I'm one of the harshest people when it comes to critiquing music and it took me about halfway through Gaga's debut and seeing some of her live performances to confirm that she had an unusual level of talent. I don't base my judgements of talent on bias or personal preferences. If you've got it, you've got it and I'll respect that even if I don't like the actual music. But sorry, Taylor doesn't possess enough talent for me to treat her like the untouchable goddess some people like to think she is. I sometimes wonder who else they listen to if they seriously think she's one of the best out there. If I was a record industry executive, I would have sent that 15 year old child home and told her to work on her craft and come back when she was better. But no, they threw a contract at her and the rest is history. It may have been the right decision financially speaking, but not artisitically.

memomemome

What impact? 

Broken up with many boyfriend and use it as inspiration to write new songs? 

Or showing up with your friends caption hashtag squad goals hashtag feminist? 

:stalkga:

Archived