Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Joanne Vibes?

Klonoa

Featured Posts

tomsches

Aerial is #2 of my favourite albums ever, so I would love that kind of sound! I just don't think Gaga is able to write a song like this. I love Gaga but she doesn't come anywhere near what Kate Bush is able to do muscially

I bet that she is going to be going Americana a la Joni Mitchell. Just a hunch. Chalkmark in a Rainstorm is Joni Mitchell's foray into electronic folk. It's an interesting album. Not her best, but very good. But the reason why I think of it is because of this (and because of references to Norah Jones, the subpar Joni Mitchell):

CBqqW.jpg

1 hour ago, Akarin said:

What if something on Joanne sounds like this song?

:gaycat:

That would be amazing. I love Kate Bush.

Joni Mitchell x Kate Bush x PJ Harvey teas is what I'm expecting.

Spoiler

Which means it'll be anything BUT. :sweat: bless ha

❤ x ❤

1 hour ago, later said:

I bet that she is going to be going Americana a la Joni Mitchell. Just a hunch. Chalkmark in a Rainstorm is Joni Mitchell's foray into electronic folk. It's an interesting album. Not her best, but very good. But the reason why I think of it is because of this (and because of references to Norah Jones, the subpar Joni Mitchell):

CBqqW.jpg

wtf the nose and the hat:udidnt:

Lady XeroxGa strikes again:green:

FreePalestine

Here's my super neurotic theory of the minute (while I can't think of anything better to do with my time): Chalk mark in a Rainstorm came out roughly around the time of Gaga's birth. It's Mitchell's most collaborative effort. Way too adult contemporary by today's standard's, it still has harmonies and rhythms that could be easily adapted. Court and Spark, which is, in my opinion, Mitchell's greatest album (and it is f'ing gorgeous) was released in NINETEEN SEVENTY-FOUR. 

Gaga is assuming the same demeanor (and attire) as Mitchell on the album cover, but, unlike Mitchell's introspective gaze, Gaga is positioned so that she is looking into the past. The titles of the songs on Joanne have the same whimsical quality as those of Court and Spark (Seriously, listen to Court and Spark; it's beautiful if you're in the mood for that sort of thing). 

Joni Mitchell, a guitarist, was seeing Neil Young during the time of Court and Spark. Gaga is now sporting the guitar, and performed Old Man by Neil Young recently. Plus, I believe, he actually worked with her in the studio at some point.

First song off of Court and Spark was some honkeytonk funk fusion diddy that didn't really go anywhere. Second single was Help Me, which is probably her most famous song, her signature song. The album became a critical and commercial success.....her best I think.

The album Court and Spark is one of her most highly acclaimed albums. It would definitely be an album that her dad and aunt would have possessed. And it would definitely be an album worthy of inspiration.

I love overthinking.

31 minutes ago, YourSweet666 said:

wtf the nose and the hat:udidnt:

Lady XeroxGa strikes again:green:

Enough with the Xeroxga, please. If it were even the case, it's a smart cultural reference.

8 hours ago, later said:

Enough with the Xeroxga, please. If it were even the case, it's a smart cultural reference.

It's a joke. 

FreePalestine

Archived