Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga's Sexist Subtext

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, heavymetall0v3r said:

Actually, they're not overthinking ANYTHING. Stop excusing everything Gaga does because it's Gaga. AND she's contradicting her views of masculinity from the past. (But I guess you all think it's "okay" because "people change after 8 years")

Give me a break.

god bless your INTELLIGENT soul.  It scares me that even her own fans don't understand gender equality.

♥ Kindness Police.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heavymetall0v3r
Just now, A Gaga Lad said:

Sure, once you stop hating everything Gaga does because it's Gaga

Sure, once you stop acting like a little child who has had their superhero insulted. LMAOO

The angriest twink on GagaDaily.

4 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I'm aware of this and it needs to stop.  Saying like "have some balls" or "man up" are POLITICALLY INCORRECT.  

They suggest power and dominance in the male gender only and do not support gender EQUALITY.

Well then I don't ever again want to hear SJWs praising a woman for cutting her exs penis off, or asking a guy to take his shirt off because of his body, or accusing gay men of hating women, or see a post about how "God is a female actually", or that women are better in any way. I don't want to hear things referred to as "c u n ttt" or anything. Because see, you're associating that word with being fierce. Yet excluding men somehow right?

If it's about equality. No one should care. Just be yourself. 

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Sure, once you stop hating everything Gaga does because it's Gaga

Honey, regardless of who these sexist remarks come from, hatred will be present.

♥ Kindness Police.

Iwontell
4 minutes ago, Spanish Eyes said:

giphy.gif

People like you make me embarrassed for society.

People like me: black; gay; liberal; has ACTUALLY helped trans ppl change their names, women divorce abusive husbands, children get alimony that they were being denied...and all that pro-bono, you know, not just preachy tumblr attitude...

So yeah, fvck off...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, SISTERV said:

Well then I don't ever again want to hear SJWs praising a woman for cutting her exs penis off, or asking a guy to take his shirt off because of his body, or accusing gay men of hating women, or see a post about how "God is a female actually", or that women are better in any way. I don't want to hear things referred to as "c u n ttt" or anything. Because see, you're associating that word with being fierce. Yet excluding men somehow right?

If it's about equality. No one should care. Just be yourself. 

Hey congrats! now you're thinking deeper ;)

I don't wanna hear that **** either.

♥ Kindness Police.

Wow way over sensitive. SHE WAS JOKING

Y'all think gaga never had an effeminate gay man crying to her backstage before? C'mom now 

Lordy lordy

Sexism? I only see a light hearted joke, come on

The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes

7 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Why are the text posts here black?

And why is it surrounded by so much white space? :oprah:

:reductive:

I agree with the "manly cries" thing but with "having balls" expression you looked too much into it. 

Born To Slay

I agree with the op tbh, the phrases "man up" and "grow some balls" have always made me feel uncomfortable. They do promote gender roles and Gaga shouldn't use them. 

Gracious Gaga
Just now, Ritsu said:

I agree with the "manly cries" thing but with "having balls" expression you looked too much into it. 

1 minute ago, RocketNumber8 said:

Sexism? I only see a light hearted joke, come on

1 minute ago, Kinsey said:

Wow way over sensitive. SHE WAS JOKING

Y'all think gaga never had an effeminate gay man crying to her backstage before? C'mom now 

Lordy lordy

did y'all read the OP

looks like ur the generation that will brush off sexism and considerate to be a "light hearted joke"

y'all need to understand that some people are not aware of their issues regarding political correction.  Lady Gaga clearly is not.

♥ Kindness Police.

Frankenztein

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that she's referring to the many men who are shy about certain types emotional expression. That's not sexist. It's an observation on reality. It's a fact that many men are that way. Maybe that is an element of society that should change in the future which I think Gaga herself would agree with (considering the Emotion Revolution).

Saying she's sexist over a light hearted moment of humor is pointless and absurd nitpicking.

Archived