Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ANTI: Sales vs. Sales/Streaming

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

I compiled a list of ANTI's positioning on the the Billboard 200 (sales and streaming album chart) versus its positioning on the Top album sales chart (the old formula for the Billboard 200). 

I'm not against streaming, but i also think this illustrates how much streaming is letting certain artists dominate and not let others shine. By no means am i singling out ANTI. ANTI is not the only one this happens for (see Drake and Ariana Grande). I just wish streaming wouldn't be given so much weight. BTW, I'm a fan of all three artists mentioned here. 

SALES PLUS STREAMING   *32 weeks in Top 10*

1st Week: #27
2nd Week: #1
3rd Week: #3
4th Week: #3
5th Week: #2
6th Week: #3
7th Week: #3
8th Week: #1
9th Week: #3
10th Week: #3
11th Week: #6
12th Week: #5
13th Week: #4
14th Week: #5
15th Week: #5
16th Week: #7
17th Week: #5
18th Week: #5
19th Week: #7
20th Week: #6
21st Week: #6
22nd Week: #7
23rd Week: #5
24th Week: #6
25th Week: #6
26th Week: #4
27th Week: #4
28th Week: #5
29th Week: #9
30th Week: #9
31st Week: #8
32nd Week: #9
33rd Week: #8
34th Week: #14
35th Week: #12 (still charting)

SALES ONLY   *9 weeks in Top 10*
1st Week: #1
2nd Week: #6
3rd Week: #6
4th Week: #5
5th Week: #8
6th Week: #12
7th Week: #10
8th Week: #9
9th Week: #16
10th Week: #10
11th Week: #9
12th Week: #12
13th Week: #14
14th Week: #15
15th Week: #18
16th Week: #20
17th Week: #19
18th Week: #23
19th Week: #28
20th Week: #29
21st Week: #26
22nd Week: #20
23rd Week: #16
24th Week: #20
25th Week: #25
26th Week: #30
27th Week: #25
28th Week: #37
29th Week: #38
30th Week: #41
31st Week: #31
32nd Week: #28
33rd Week: #48
34th Week: #47 (still charting)

zakariah

Wow, you have a lot of time on ur hands 

2 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I'm not against streaming, but i also think this illustrates how much streaming is letting certain artists dominate and not let others shine.

I agree 100%. It's a little unfair to the newer artists who are breaking out & also the older artists who are releasing new music after awhile. 

Streaming reflects what people listen to and it has more power than sales nowadays. I'm not a fan of Anti, but the singles has grown on most of us eventually, even if we talk about fans or GP. This will sadly never happen to PI. I do hope Joanne will have a real bop..😣

4 minutes ago, Boti said:

Streaming reflects what people listen to and it has more power than sales nowadays. I'm not a fan of Anti, but the singles has grown on most of us eventually, even if we talk about fans or GP. This will sadly never happen to PI. I do hope Joanne will have a real bop..😣

tea

littlepotter

Wait... The 1st week sales would have made her #1 but w/o streaming she's 27??

Crying for Joanne :smh:

chaeri pls

StarstruckIllusion

Tragic how streaming will barely help Joanne since I barely see any US growth for Perfect Illusion 🙃

1 minute ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

Tragic how streaming will barely help Joanne since I barely see any US growth for Perfect Illusion 🙃

PI is not a song for streaming

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Wait... The 1st week sales would have made her #1 but w/o streaming she's 27??

Crying for Joanne :smh:

Actually it should look like this:

SPS:

1st week: #27
2nd week: #1

Sales:

1st week: -
2nd week: 1

Anti was leaked by Tidal accidentally on Thursday (the last tracking day of the charts). In those like 4 hours it sold 460 copies and the massive streams for Work propelled it to #27 on the overall chart.

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Bio said:

Streaming is the future, no one even buys albums anymore.

I exist, henceworth your statement is invalid :sis:

DiscoHeaven23
9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Actually it should look like this:

SPS:

1st week: #27
2nd week: #1

Sales:

1st week: -
2nd week: 1

Anti was leaked by Tidal accidentally on Thursday (the last tracking day of the charts). In those like 4 hours it sold 460 copies and the massive streams for Work propelled it to #27 on the overall chart.

yes thank you for clarifying that. i should've written it that way

KURUSHITOVSKA
9 minutes ago, Beto said:

That's exactly why she needed a massive comeback Just Dance-y (for real) type single. To get her some streaming power. I knew that if the first single underperformed the album would barely manage to sell 1 million copies WW. Streaming power is probably the most important thing in the music industry right now and it would have been the key for Gags comeback 'cause she's an album artist. The hit song would keep everyone interested, they would buy her album and album sales would be crazy good.

So she has to make the music the public wants and not what she wants to do? Because HER work is to create music, not products lol. I don't want her to loose her artistic integrity snd expression to appeal the general public that has BASIC music taste. Do you want her to make things like Work or Closer? Just EW! I'd leave her. At least she makes what she wants and not what they tell her to do. It would be really easy for her to just make commercial songs but that wouldn't make her legendary.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Archived