💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Gaga expect Perfect Illusion to have mild success?

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

AlexanderLevi2
1 hour ago, fede ARTPOP said:

BTW came on her "peak" , everybody was loving her, now ony fans seems to care about Gaga, and after all this projects she been doing this last years, LG5 became her most anticipated album for her fanbase, cause we all wanted to see her new direction, the thirst was real, that fans started calling it "LG5" even Gaga mentioned it "LG5 time", we never talked about LG4..LG3... 

Yeah but we also didn't call ARTPOP LG3 because we had the name of the album a year in advance...

Currently listening to Joanne

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zakariah

I think she just wants the GP to at least know that she's back in pop music, but she's not gonna promote heavily because she wants them to like PI/JOANNE on their own terms, instead of forcing it on them.

fede ARTPOP
3 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Yeah but we also didn't call ARTPOP LG3 because we had the name of the album a year in advance...

Thats the point, Jonne was a mistery for all of us like almost 3 years. 

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

juicyjuicy
14 hours ago, Beto said:

I expected it to be massive worldwide. #1 first week and all. I remember waiting for the song's release and falling asleep at 10PM. Then I woke up at 4AM and it was the first thing that came to mind. So while brushing my teeth, I looked it up and it was loaded on her Youtube channel. The song started and in the moment the chorus hit, every single one of my expectations vanished. Not 10% as radio-friendly as I thought her music was gonna be this time around and that doomed it to flopping. PI is quite hard to digest at first listen and people who aren't already fans of her work won't be listening to it twice.

It took me one listen to see that it was not gonna be a hit so I guess Gaga knew. I'm sure from all these years of making hit songs, she must have an ear for it.

Hide contents

Also, it's not about the current vibe of the top 40. If Gaga released Umbrella this year, it would've been massive. If Gaga released Rolling in the Deep this year it would've been massive. Nothing like those in the top 40 right now. Bad Romance and Just Dance both would have been huge and there's not anything like them out there right now.

It's about PI not having a great chorus and catchy beats. The video definitely didn't help. It simply doesn't have much hit potential and the top 40's current popular style wouldn't make a difference.

THIS!!!

Computer
14 hours ago, Beto said:

I expected it to be massive worldwide. #1 first week and all. I remember waiting for the song's release and falling asleep at 10PM. Then I woke up at 4AM and it was the first thing that came to mind. So while brushing my teeth, I looked it up and it was loaded on her Youtube channel. The song started and in the moment the chorus hit, every single one of my expectations vanished. Not 10% as radio-friendly as I thought her music was gonna be this time around and that doomed it to flopping. PI is quite hard to digest at first listen and people who aren't already fans of her work won't be listening to it twice.

It took me one listen to see that it was not gonna be a hit so I guess Gaga knew. I'm sure from all these years of making hit songs, she must have an ear for it.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, it's not about the current vibe of the top 40. If Gaga released Umbrella this year, it would've been massive. If Gaga released Rolling in the Deep this year it would've been massive. Nothing like those in the top 40 right now. Bad Romance and Just Dance both would have been huge and there's not anything like them out there right now.

It's about PI not having a great chorus and catchy beats. The video definitely didn't help. It simply doesn't have much hit potential and the top 40's current popular style wouldn't make a difference.

Yeap.

I agree with this.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

I think they expect the song to just ride the hype around the release and the radio promo to push it till October. I think Bobby was planning on doing radio promo for the first 3 weeks to build up and then TV PROMO but **** hit the fan way earlier and now we are just in a promotional limbo.

fede ARTPOP
14 hours ago, Beto said:

Reveal hidden contents

F3fd136.gif

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

TwerkinLurkin
24 minutes ago, Akbar Yunadi said:

where is she now? is she hiding? no more promo, the song is below the river of charts. idk

This tbh it's like she gave up on it like girl you have an album coming out in less then a month sure your fan base is gonna buy it but after that who's gonna buy it? I felt okay with ARTPOP not having much success because she had applause which was successful and it made people realize she had an album coming out then after that I didn't care if any of the other singles didn't reach the top 40 tbh I just feel like it would be smart for gaga to have one basic top 20 club banger on every album then the other 13 songs she can do whatever she wanted to do so she can have one song to push the album to the gp but that's just my opinion 

She posted the link to the song a couple of times and talked it going number 1 on iTunes in a lot of countries, I think she CARES about it but just not as much as most fans do. I also think she expected better... just because it was a lead single...

No, according to some psychic fans, she make PI just for fun, to only satisfy herself. Not for awards, sales, fans, and charts.

HaveAnOysterBBy
On 9/27/2016 at 7:12 AM, Beto said:

Hide contents

This x 1000

Archived