💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga reveals Joanne tracklist + cd label

Brainiac

Featured Posts

XMonsterMonster
5 hours ago, Lassex said:

I think the cd looks much better that the actual album cover :duck: Like I can imagine one of the black and white photos of Gaga and Mark with those white prints as the album cover...

that would be cool :golfclap::golfclap:

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Really surprised at some of these titles. These are her most GP-friendly titles since The Fame. Diamond Heart sounds really pretty (even though Nicole Scherzinger's last album had a track called Girl With A Diamond Heart) and I like how Joanne is actually in a different font to the others, nice touch. Really excited to hear the Father John Misty collab (though I don't know why his feature isn't credited) as well as Sinner's Prayer, Hey Girl and Angel Down. And Grigio Girls? Now that is a compelling title because I don't have a clue what it means. 

But yeah, it's like she's really aiming for the public to buy this album more with these titles. We've seen the word Ayo used recently in a single (Chris Brown's Ayo and 50 Cent made a song called Ayo Technology before him) and I've never been quite sure what the word means, it can just be someone's name, apparently, or some sort of joyful sound you make when you're happy. It seems like a very un-Gaga word, so I'm curious. Dancin' In Circles also sounds very un-Gaga like, more GP orientated, as does Million Reasons. Out of all the tracks that I expected Florence to feature on, it didn't expect it to be a track called Hey Girl. And Come To Mama made me think of David Guetta's Hey Mama. If it wasn't made official, I'd say this was a fake tracklist as it barely sounds like Gaga. I mean, this is a girl for whom weird titles are her lifeblood. But this is apparently her most personal work yet, so...it's going to be intriguing whatever happens. Maybe she thought titles like Jewels N Drugs, Sexxx Dreams, Mary Jane Holland, Dope and a song called Do What U Want featuring the notorious R Kelly weren't the best idea for an album that was put out during the Christmas sales season and wanted things to be a bit more conservative to make people want to buy it?

Monster Voices

Iseriously can not wait to own this CD, to hold it in my hands! It would be SO beautiful as a physical copy!

Forever and Always!

49 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Really surprised at some of these titles. These are her most GP-friendly titles since The Fame. Diamond Heart sounds really pretty (even though Nicole Scherzinger's last album had a track called Girl With A Diamond Heart) and I like how Joanne is actually in a different font to the others, nice touch. Really excited to hear the Father John Misty collab (though I don't know why his feature isn't credited) as well as Sinner's Prayer, Hey Girl and Angel Down. And Grigio Girls? Now that is a compelling title because I don't have a clue what it means. 

But yeah, it's like she's really aiming for the public to buy this album more with these titles. We've seen the word Ayo used recently in a single (Chris Brown's Ayo and 50 Cent made a song called Ayo Technology before him) and I've never been quite sure what the word means, it can just be someone's name, apparently, or some sort of joyful sound you make when you're happy. It seems like a very un-Gaga word, so I'm curious. Dancin' In Circles also sounds very un-Gaga like, more GP orientated, as does Million Reasons. Out of all the tracks that I expected Florence to feature on, it didn't expect it to be a track called Hey Girl. And Come To Mama made me think of David Guetta's Hey Mama. If it wasn't made official, I'd say this was a fake tracklist as it barely sounds like Gaga. I mean, this is a girl for whom weird titles are her lifeblood. But this is apparently her most personal work yet, so...it's going to be intriguing whatever happens. Maybe she thought titles like Jewels N Drugs, Sexxx Dreams, Mary Jane Holland, Dope and a song called Do What U Want featuring the notorious R Kelly weren't the best idea for an album that was put out during the Christmas sales season and wanted things to be a bit more conservative to make people want to buy it?

It's so interesting to compare the Born This Way title to Joanne.

I mean, not that it's concretely indicative of anything at all, but solely on song titles, it's such a mild whiplash to go from something like Black Jesus | Amen Fashion to A-Yo.

3 points in and ready for more

I still can't believe Come to Mama is real. :deadbanana:

I have a feeling Dancin' in Circles is probably the Beck track for some reason. 

4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It seems like a very un-Gaga word, so I'm curious.

Actually it sounds very Gaga to me, I can't help thinking of the "Ayo I'm Lady Gaga" line in Cake like Lady Gaga.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Laceface
2 hours ago, freebit said:

I still can't believe Come to Mama is real. :deadbanana:

I have a feeling Dancin' in Circles is probably the Beck track for some reason. 

Apparently it is, yes :happy:

StrawberryBlond
3 hours ago, Miel said:

It's so interesting to compare the Born This Way title to Joanne.

I mean, not that it's concretely indicative of anything at all, but solely on song titles, it's such a mild whiplash to go from something like Black Jesus | Amen Fashion to A-Yo.

Yeah, these are definitely her most GP-friendly titles to date. Her last two albums had very divisive names that would have definitely baffled the public as regards their content. Let's compare the titles of her last 3 albums:

BTW - Judas, Americano, Government Hooker, Scheiße, Bloody Mary, Highway Unicorn (Road To Love), Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel, Black Jesus/Amen Fashion

AP - Jewels N Drugs, ARTPOP, Swine, Donatella, Mary Jane Holland, Dope

Compared to Joanne...

A-Yo, Dancin' In Circles, Million Reasons, Come To Mama, Hey Girl, Just Another Day

One of these things is not like the other. I strongly believe that a big reason why AP didn't sell that well was because those titles were lost on a lot of non-fans. They likely read the tracklist and thought: "What does any of this mean? I can't be bothered finding out." In comparison to say, Katy's Prism album, with titles like Roar, Unconditionally, Legendary Lovers, Birthday, This Is How We Do, By The Grace Of God, etc. it was clear who was going to get more sales (especially when it came to Christmas). It's like Gaga didn't want to be as confusing or polarising this time. Ironically, it's with her most personal (and by all accounts, most indie) album. She was never one to be predictable. But this tracklist still seems so weirdly fake, it's like she's tricking us and the real one will be released soon! It reminds me of when Kelis released her Food album - to stop it from leaking, she gave every track a fake name, usually based around food. But when the time came to release, she kept a lot of the fake names! That's why barely any of the songs on that album contain the words used in the title!

bornthisway135
On 9/23/2016 at 2:43 PM, Thomas P said:

Wow. Not so sure I'm here for a song called Giorgio Girls.

it's GRIGIO like Pinot Grigio.. 

:sharon:

Archived