❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
opinion

My Problem With Gaga's Musical Direction

mmm

Featured Posts

i get what you're saying. I am trying to just be patient though. It feels like she doesn't really have any drive and is just doing this half-heartedly. I mean, we don't know of any performances coming up at all. It's a really weird feeling having new gaga music but nothing else. It's almost like the song leaked? There's just nothing else to it but the song. I'm hoping the album brings some ... more. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I just read this entire thread....

To the OP, I understand what you are saying, and I agree to an extent. I am going to reserve my opinion until I hear the album.

To others, I don't think he is dissing gaga or saying he doesn't like what she is doing... just that in his opinion, it would be better received if it was straight dance pop like people might expect, or, completely different.

PI is really different, but it is still keeping one theoretical foot in the mainstream-friendly pool. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, someone else said they think it is good, so she does not alienate too many fans. I see that as well.

Whatever she does, I just hope it is something she can stand behind when her head hits the pillow at night. Whether it's JD like bops, weird indie tunes, or some fusion/hybrid she creates, if it feels authentic, that is what matters to me. If it feels comprimised, like it was changed to please the label/radio/GP (I guess like what happened with some of the ARTPOP songs and concept/delivery), then that does bother me, because she has the right (and the talent) to create what she truly wants to create, and that is all I would ever want from her.

(If that unfortunately were to be the case, it would not be her fault. I just hope that does not happen, and she is truly pleased with the album.)

BlaqJezus
7 hours ago, JEWRJEWR said:

and so is selena gomez. that doesnt mean she 'changed the scene'

Actually, as someone who is older than the average member here, having watched pop change over the past 25 years of really listening to it, and understanding it. Gaga changed the scene forever when she appeared.

She began with a simple song like Just Dance, a song which was totally different than anything out at the time, then Poker Face, then other singles, each something the world hadn't listened to before, and was being played everywhere but also fresh because of the stagnation of pop music of the time. Her style of dress, attitude towards music and art, and her connection with fans through social media, sky-rocketed her into heights which couldn't have been imagined in her early days.

After she began, and when she continued to rise, staying true to herself of that period, other artists changed their looks, changed the sound of their own music, and the general populace eventually took on much more avant garde leanings than it had in the past 20 years before. There is a reason she was compared to Bowie and Madonna, because musically, and as an artist, she defined an entirely new generation of the music scene, and she continues to do so by sheer force of will and by staying as true to herself and her artistic method as she can. The integrity of the things that she says on the radio, on TV, during her shows? The respect that she has and is given by the peers that work with her, and watch her? Those aren't things you can find anywhere else in pop music.

fede ARTPOP

OMG I wanna cry. :eww:

People calling ARTPOP a flop. :saladga:

#1 debut on Billboard200 with 258.000 opening week sales +2.5records sold worldwide, millions singles sold, millions streams, millions views on YT...

But MOST IMPORTANT THING:

Why you care charts positions when nowadays a song like Closer is #1? :saladga:

+ Gaga is going into leyend status, of course she will take new directions with every album, I think that makes the journey so much intense...see her won a gmGrammy fot C2C with Tony, who would expect that after hearing Just Dance for the first time?:wub: 

If you dont like this Gaga, let me tell you im afraid the marketing got you, if you still wanna listen to her music then enjoy, we getting Joanne in 1 month...see the cover, isnt it gorgeous? 

PnbbuCu.jpg

:flutter:

now·taw·ree·uhs  bee·uhng

AlexanderLevi2

I mean.... You do realize that Gaga probably got disappointed because she was seeing her fans on here complain about her music, her career choices, her fashion, etc. I mean just imagine having your own fan site where they bash you more than they discuss your music.

I get disgusted half the time on here by how nasty some people are because they want to be "cute" or "sassy."

Currently listening to Joanne

The Fame Monster

Artists will evolve in their careers!!! And Gaga has evolved, too. And that's just something not everybody likes. I personally like it because it keeps Gaga's career interesting to follow. And whatever she does, she could never make bad music, in my opinion. 

And! The most of all!

She. Doesn't. Have. To. Be. The Queen. Of Charts!!! A song that is in the top-10 doesn't mean that it's a good song. Charts doesn't define what is good music, it only tells us what music is popular. 

Find your freedom in the music

1 hour ago, fede ARTPOP said:

OMG I wanna cry. :eww:

People calling ARTPOP a flop. :saladga:

#1 debut on Billboard200 with 258.000 opening week sales +2.5records sold worldwide, millions singles sold, millions streams, millions views on YT...

But MOST IMPORTANT THING:

Why you care charts positions when nowadays a song like Closer is #1? :saladga:

+ Gaga is going into leyend status, of course she will take new directions with every album, I think that makes the journey so much intense...see her won a gmGrammy fot C2C with Tony, who would expect that after hearing Just Dance for the first time?:wub: 

If you dont like this Gaga, let me tell you im afraid the marketing got you, if you still wanna listen to her music then enjoy, we getting Joanne in 1 month...see the cover, isnt it gorgeous? 

PnbbuCu.jpg

:flutter:

Did you post here by mistake? because none of what you wrote applies to my topic!

46 minutes ago, The Fame Monster said:

Artists will evolve in their careers!!! And Gaga has evolved, too. And that's just something not everybody likes. I personally like it because it keeps Gaga's career interesting to follow. And whatever she does, she could never make bad music, in my opinion. 

And! The most of all!

She. Doesn't. Have. To. Be. The Queen. Of Charts!!! A song that is in the top-10 doesn't mean that it's a good song. Charts doesn't define what is good music, it only tells us what music is popular. 

Did you even read the topic?

badgalriri
9 hours ago, GypsyLova said:

THIS 100%. The failure and the backlash of the ARTPOP era made her want to quit music. She isn't confident anymore about being Lady Gaga, and it shows because she's been singing other people's songs and is not singing in her real voice. It's like she isn't proud of her work and aesthetic anymore. Perfect Illusion does not sound like a typical Lady Gaga song at all. :diane: I do not think this era is about Lady Gaga showing her personal side or making music she loves. It's just her hiding behind a shell. 

this actually is something i can agree with. art pop was so pretentious. i don't even know how she thought that was gonna succeed. it wasn't commercial. people don't want art w their pop music. they just want something they can bop to easily in the club that they can make their instagram caption. i truly think she's hiding herself. yes she probably loves making this rock music but i think she's afraid to fail on the pop charts again so she's going for a new genre. and it's alienating her fans. 

i still ill like it but i can't say i don't miss club bops 

RAMROD

She will never gone.

She have created stable for herself to stand. Even if her albums not selling as much as before, she will still around. She defintely realise this and  did say around late BTW era that someday some of her fans will leave her and that is O.K., she rather with people that can understand her growth.

Also, did her musical change really that surprising? This is a woman who adores David Bowie! And if you know Bowie, you'll understood how vast his music are, from Rock to Pop to Electronic and Experimental music.

As an artist, sometimes it's not always about charts or fame, but self satisfaction. If an artist feel the genre she used to do are not enough to contain her visions and creativities anymore, why barred them from doing more? Why expect and limit them to just do something predictable when they clearly can do better? :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

7 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

She will never gone.

She have created stable for herself to stand. Even if her albums not selling as much as before, she will still around. She defintely realise this and  did say around late BTW era that someday some of her fans will leave her and that is O.K., she rather with people that can understand her growth.

Also, did her musical change really that surprising? This is a woman who adores David Bowie! And if you know Bowie, you'll understood how vast his music are, from Rock to Pop to Electronic and Experimental music.

As an artist, sometimes it's not always about charts or fame, but self satisfaction. If an artist feel the genre she used to do are not enough to contain her visions and creativities anymore, why barred them from doing more? Why expect and limit them to just do something predictable when they clearly can do better? :shrug:

I know ive said this to many other people but ill say it again because some of you are incapable of understanding but.. DID YOU EVEN READ THE TOPIC? :wtfga:

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

I know ive said this to many other people but ill say it again because some of you are incapable of understanding but.. DID YOU EVEN READ THE TOPIC? :wtfga:

I did and thuigs I said not specifically addressed to you but more to general Gaga fans in here who complains she has changed and felt left out.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I agree with you 100%. We all know by now that she hates pop music after that Swine SXSW Festival performance. So I completely agree, just go fully indie/rock or stay pop. 

Oh my god.. stop overthinking everything.

PI is a pop song, unless you've never heard a rock song in your life. The album cover is simple and pretty, because the album is called Joanne.

Archived