💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

rumor

Interscope treating Joanne as a "debut indie record" - dont expect big hits

Creyk

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

Well...most people dont like this song...itunes has the receipts....we are not a minority....:oprah:

You could at least shut up about it though. You ever think the constant negativity is also hurting the song?

7 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Totally true. But it's not just my opinion, but the opinion of 95 ppl from 100.

Why else would it be doing so poorly on the charts, it did not get a single green update since the day it came out, and it is continually dropping on spotify. If it was a good song, this wouldn't happen. You just like it because it's Gaga. Most of us want more than that.

Not true at all. I dislike plenty of songs by artists I love and also lots of great songs never take off, new romantics by Taylor Swift, Electra hearts album by marina, American girl by bonnie mckee

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would she know 'what we want'? She lost her connection to fans since late summer 2012, she's been going through these long ass blackouts in between each era (and in ARTPOP case, during the era itself), we don't see or hear from her unless she's releasing something. It's really frustrating cuz I loved her for the person she is and her unique relation with her fans that made her unlike the other artists, but what now???:(

2 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Well, Beyonce dropped 2 entire albums and did barely any promo for them, especially worldwide. And she didn't bother aggressively pushing singles and didn't care if she got hits or not. And look how much she's sold with that approach. Look how much she's been respected with that approach. Look how much she's got even bigger with that approach. It seems that not trying hard is the latest trend. People have been telling Gaga to just let the music speak for itself for some time now. Maybe doing just that will finally make people respect her as an artist once and for all and realise she's for real. This approach is also guaranteed to result in great critical reception. Critics love it when an artist just does their own thing and doesn't try to be commercial. The Grammys love that too. And lately, whats been ruling the album charts isn't what you'd expect. If this was 8 years ago, commercial would be the only way to sell an album. It doesn't work like that now. At the moment, the public is all over the concept of substantial, real, introspective, mature albums. They're the ones that are selling, the generic ones are struggling. So, this could be the best thing for Gaga.

Beyoncé has been around a much longer time.  She's earned the legend status. 

chromaticainmyhead
5 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Well, Beyonce dropped 2 entire albums and did barely any promo for them, especially worldwide. And she didn't bother aggressively pushing singles and didn't care if she got hits or not. And look how much she's sold with that approach. Look how much she's been respected with that approach. Look how much she's got even bigger with that approach. It seems that not trying hard is the latest trend. People have been telling Gaga to just let the music speak for itself for some time now. Maybe doing just that will finally make people respect her as an artist once and for all and realise she's for real. This approach is also guaranteed to result in great critical reception. Critics love it when an artist just does their own thing and doesn't try to be commercial. The Grammys love that too. And lately, whats been ruling the album charts isn't what you'd expect. If this was 8 years ago, commercial would be the only way to sell an album. It doesn't work like that now. At the moment, the public is all over the concept of substantial, real, introspective, mature albums. They're the ones that are selling, the generic ones are struggling. So, this could be the best thing for Gaga.

I got your point but it's different with Beyoncé. It's not that her managment does no promo at all. They just don't book major TV performances whatsoever. They built up this massive "Goddess"-image of Beyoncé. People treat her like she's God and that dedication is not limited to her fanbase. The GP and the critics love her so she doesn't need big promo. Her online-marketing & Superbowl announcement was enough to get an entire country hyped. 
Worldwide it's another story of course. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

ItsTommyBitch

Good :applause:

She better not come for Lana's throne though :giveup: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

4 minutes ago, Assarrai said:

How would she know 'what we want'? She lost her connection to fans since late summer 2012, she's been going through these long ass blackouts in between each era (and in ARTPOP case, during the era itself), we don't see or hear from her unless she's releasing something. It's really frustrating cuz I loved her for the person she is and her unique relation with her fans that made her unlike the other artists, but what now???:(

she played you good baby

i'm so tired of mindtrappa (a.k.a. fifth column of Interscope) and threads dedicated to him. i wonder why people believe everything he says

malazam

**** off Gaga.

I mean, 'indie release'? She's promoting it like a pop release, I'm not talking about the sound, but SQ premiere, radios, but no VMA or Global Citizen (I was rooting for you)

THIS IS STUPID, Indie took over pop industry years ago, more a festival without indie bands are NOTHING.

but This is actually a smart move, She's coming for the whole GP.

another shot before we kiss the other side

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Gaga is single-handedly destroying the chart section of GagaDaily :gaycat:

and her global pop supper career with it ,,,rip

HEARTHUNTER
2 minutes ago, PUKKIE said:

and her global pop supper career with it ,,,rip

She's doing the opposite, but if you're not open-minded enough to accept this, then go drown in your delusion because she's coming for the whole world with this new way of marketing herself.

Archived