Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
rumor

Interscope treating Joanne as a "debut indie record" - dont expect big hits

Creyk

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, GypsyLova said:

Tbh I think she fired Troy because he wasn't a yes man. She likely got tired of him trying to stop her from making bad decisions... Like release Aura as the lead single from ARTPOP :sharon:

But according to Gaga, the original ARTPOP lead was going to be sexxx dreams 

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911
24 minutes ago, GypsyLova said:

Why can't you ****ing accept that people hate Perfect illusion because it's a terrible song, not because it's flopping? 

Trying to act superior as if you and only your opinion is objectively valid. As if. 

Just cause some people don't like the song doesn't make it a terrible song, that's horrible logic. Every song has that, which would make literally EVERY song terrible. 

You and your opinion is not the end-all be all, sorry to burst your ego. 

I think there is a huge misunderstanding of what Indie truly means in this case.  Indie was originally intended to represent artists that broke away from the major record labels in order to practice artistic freedom, consequently producing more honest, experimental music.  Today, most people associate the genre with a sound indicative of Halsey for example.

Therefore, if her label is more hands off this time around, you could consider this record Indie.  She seems to have delved into the creative process with the producers and collaborators surrounding her, music in mind and business aside.  

I'm not sure I have explained this clearly, but this is my point: don't expect the commercial "indie" sound.  I am guessing we can expect very organic instrumentation and authentic lyrics.  This does NOT mean her songs will not be catchy.  

Examples of great Indie music with pop structure include Kimbra's Miracle or Grimes's Artangels title track. 

CannaeDrive

I like this approach very much. No need to get anxious and insecure about her music charting, just chill and relax, life is good.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Head Empty

I prefer laid back indie promo over the insane pressure of mainstream pop releases, so the only bad news in this is the insanely entitled fans that can't process music outside of a primarily commercially driven market :laughga:.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺

I really don't care about charts or "turning indie" or whatever. I just want some performances, some TV interviews, some kind of engagement with her fans and her passion project. I'm hoping things will improve soon. But if she carries on like this, with no TV performances, I'll be extremely disappointed. How could you go from being the most visual, shocking, aesthetically interesting performer in pop music to not even performing?

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

chromaticainmyhead

Some people's desperation here is unreal.. Really? WTF you want Troy back?! Do you guys even know what this man has done to her? She's mentally suffered under his managment. If you want him back you agree on having suicidal Gaga back. :fthis:

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

5 minutes ago, Assarrai said:

But according to Gaga, the original ARTPOP lead was going to be sexxx dreams 

Loved sex dreams.  

MaryJaneHolland
10 minutes ago, Red said:

In other words, she already gave Interscope money enough so now she can do whatever the **** she wants 

and she wants to tank? 

StrawberryBlond

Well, Beyonce dropped 2 entire albums and did barely any promo for them, especially worldwide. And she didn't bother aggressively pushing singles and didn't care if she got hits or not. And look how much she's sold with that approach. Look how much she's been respected with that approach. Look how much she's got even bigger with that approach. It seems that not trying hard is the latest trend. People have been telling Gaga to just let the music speak for itself for some time now. Maybe doing just that will finally make people respect her as an artist once and for all and realise she's for real. This approach is also guaranteed to result in great critical reception. Critics love it when an artist just does their own thing and doesn't try to be commercial. The Grammys love that too. And lately, whats been ruling the album charts isn't what you'd expect. If this was 8 years ago, commercial would be the only way to sell an album. It doesn't work like that now. At the moment, the public is all over the concept of substantial, real, introspective, mature albums. They're the ones that are selling, the generic ones are struggling. So, this could be the best thing for Gaga.

At the end of the day though, this didn't come out of Gaga's mouth. So take this situation with a grain of salt and stop getting your panties in a bunch. :saladga:

salt-hill.jpg

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Archived