Interscope treating Joanne as a "debut indie record" - dont expect big hits

Creyk

Featured Posts

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Himeros26
34 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

then this era will be boring i mean, we need performances during an era... idk it's always beautiful

I think there will be performances, I think this just means they won't force to do like 20 shows a week in 4 countries. 

She said she was going back to the UK soon to perform so

display name
8 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Because it's such a low honor now to be quite honest. Look at the top 10 right now. The songs are all objectively average. Every song on the radio right now sounds the same. No one is doing anything out of the box: it's all trap or that chill sounding music.

I, for one, am glad that Gaga doesn't really care for top 10's anymore cause it just goes to show how little it even means in regards to quality. 

I'm growing evermore fed up with people on this site being so damn concerned with Gaga getting a top 10 hit or the possibility of having a flop era. Like, just let it go. Gaga is doing what she's always wanted to do, and she is ready for the consequences. She knows Perfect Illusion isn't likely to be a massive hit, but she doesn't care either. She loves the song so much, she's proud of it, and she wanted to share it with the world. That's what is important to her. She doesn't want to release music she herself doesn't even like just to appeal to us.

Our music tastes and inspirations are ever changing, and that's no different for Gaga. She may return to pop music in the future, but for the time being, that's just not where her inspirations or wants are taking her. Gaga is doing something she likes and she isn't going to take that away from herself just to appeal to some lousy fans that judge her whenever she does something they don't like.

This album is going to be a masterpiece whether certain fans like it or not. I can guarantee you that when Madonna came out with Ray of Light, it wasn't what anyone was expecting or wanted, but look at what it came to be today. Do not doubt her- Gaga has still got it.

I read every word, and I agree with all of this. I'm sure that Gaga would like to please her fans and all, but right now, it is more important for her to be true to herself as both a woman and an artist. I think we should be bracing ourselves for her best and most interesting album yet.

Anderson123

This is one of the things I love about Gaga, you just never know what to expect next. I've always believed that some day she'd have the freedom to record what is in her heart.

The good thing about this is that the chart "Stans" will go away for a moment, I think.

2 minutes ago, Assarrai said:

IKR! (Or at least a manager who knows his job, because Troy bailed according to Gaga) 

Troy VS Bobby...embarrassing 

bYtxLbs.jpg

Tbh I think she fired Troy because he wasn't a yes man. She likely got tired of him trying to stop her from making bad decisions... Like release Aura as the lead single from ARTPOP :sharon:

7 minutes ago, LM said:

"I think I know what my fans want" :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

There's more candids of her at Epione this year than with her fans tbh. 

V40bI4r.gif

DeleteMyAccount

I think this was coming ever since her interviews about not liking to do forced promotion. Good for her. I think it's admirable to focus on the music doing the talking. Although I am hoping for some AMA or SNL appearance.

The fact she performed at a little pub called Moth Club shows she will perform again lol.  She performed at the Oscars only 7 months ago!

In other words, she already gave Interscope money enough so now she can do whatever the **** she wants 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Gagaloo911
21 minutes ago, Weasel said:

This has nothing to do with charts. I'm talking about her not performing and apparently not planning on performing anytime soon. You're the one assuming it would be about charts. 

Mostly because so many are having meltdowns over the charts. 

And we don't know she's not performing. Of course I want her to perform, it's what she does and lives for! 

1 minute ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Mostly because so many are having meltdowns over the charts. 

And we don't know she's not performing. Of course I want her to perform, it's what she does and lives for! 

Good, that's the only point I was trying to make ;)

Archived