Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

PI free-falling: Did you expect it?

President Trump

Featured Posts

President Trump
3 minutes ago, boneknuckleskin said:

It gets on my nerves too. I tried too. 

I'm still trying and still have faith that one day it'll "click" for me. I'm on my 213th listen and still sometimes find myself just shutting it off in frustration lol but I keep trying. 

Ma ma pa pa pa

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boneknuckleskin
5 hours ago, Tellerphone said:

I don't care what they say PI is amazing. I only have one tiny annoyance with how she sings laaaaahve. Other than that its an A+.

Funny, that's the only part of the song I like. That is it's one redeeming quality for me.  :smh:

President Trump

Mariah Carey released a flop single then followed it up with WE BELONG TOGETHER. Rihannas only successful song for an era was her LAST SINGLE from Rated R. There's still hope 

Ma ma pa pa pa

AmenTheNight

Yes, I expected it :

- Despite being amazing, the song is not made for charts or radio, it stood few chances of charting from the start
- Gaga lost a lot of star power, her last big hit was Born This Way, in 2011 (while Rihanna / KP and others score at least one BTW-sized hit per era)
- She still has yet to establish herself as a streaming force
- Radio promo only isn't enough, if not useless considering the song is not radio friendly at all
- No big TV performances and few media attention
- A toned down image in such overloaded times wasn't gonna help her to get noticed

What she could have done to make the era better (without compromising with her vision for the era) :

- Release a standalone poppy single in February (to make the most of her media exposure)
- While producing the new album (From may to today), be featured on a big song (from a DJ or a pop girl)
- Release the lead single earlier for the VMAs
- Instead of chosing Perfect Illusion as a risky lead single, chose the beautiful ballad that everybody loved at the iHeartRadio summit (and make it her "Stay")
- Bring back Gagavision as she's in the final stages of producing the album, without snippets
- Endorsing a product (INTEL WHERE ARE YOU ?), more magazine covers, TV spots ...

I wish I could be in brainstorming rooms to give ideas :(

venusxillusion
13 hours ago, GagasVaJayJay said:

It's our job as faithful monsters to deffend Gaga from haters and Madonna fans who are constantly putting her down as well as to fill her with kind words and positivity and also to spread her message of positiviy and Perfect Illusion's message of not being fooled by appearances and always follow one's heart.

I agree. We should try to remember the Monster Manifesto of love, acceptance and equality and not become judases and stray from Gaga's intentions and wishes for us.

I honestly thought Perfect Illusion would rocket to #1 (or Venus!) and that the rock sound would have the other girls SHOOK, like Lemonade did.  I'm still pretty upset about it underperforming and my anxiety has gotten a lot worse because of it, but my doctor told me that I need to develop skills to fight my anxiety, so I've decided to do so! I've been calling 5 of the hottest radio stations here every 4 hours to request the song, and I've been promoting the song at school.  I was chosen to do the morning announcements at school in 2 weeks so I will be playing Perfect Illusion and telling my entire school to buy or stream it!

PassTheTime
1 hour ago, arthurhmangum said:

Queen does what queen wants. It's not about what you want. It's about what she wants. 

tumblr_mczqvz5UQq1r6fm6zo1_500.gif

does she really know what she wants?!?! :oprah:

88EvfARM1YaCQ.gif

arthurhmangum
2 hours ago, GagaInArt said:

does she really know what she wants?!?! :oprah:

88EvfARM1YaCQ.gif

She's not stupid. She knows what she's doing. 

tumblr_inline_oamyq7qvV61rmkg95_500.gif

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

Eh browsing ggd for some hope but I see many people struggle with same stuff as me. 

So sorry to say that but I need to clean my ears with some "Innuendo" album by Queen or smth. I'm so sorry I loved all the stuff by Gaga and now my brain is just blocked. And no, I didn't expect that kind of mess. 

AlexanderLevi2

I don't care. Joanne is going to be flawless. Plus she's more of an album artist than a single artist.

Also, I think in just going to avoid GGD when Joanne comes out.... At least for like a month :awkney:

Currently listening to Joanne

AlexanderLevi2
1 hour ago, Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa said:

Mariah Carey released a flop single then followed it up with WE BELONG TOGETHER. Rihannas only successful song for an era was her LAST SINGLE from Rated R. There's still hope 

Ummmm... Rihanna has had plenty of successful songs since Rated R :awkney:

Only Girl, Stay, Work, S&M.... Where have you been?!

Currently listening to Joanne

Her next move will be quite interesting. She is about to get a ton of attention due to the Super Bowl. Does she try to milk PI for as longs as possible? Does she release a promo single? Rush a second single? It shall be interesting 

ElectricHaus

ACTUALLY! It did rather well considering it really hasn't gotten a lot of promo!

It was #1 on iTunes for over 24hours

it was #2 for a couple days

it was #4 for a couple days 

Then it was #7 for a day

now its falling! I just think once the video is out that will help, and once she performs it on something it will do better too!

Archived