Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What exactly is wrong with "Dope" vocals?

somnambulist

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, somnambulist said:

That's fine, I'm not going to change anyones opinion, but I honestly feel like the hate for the song is due to bandwagoning. You type "Dope vocals" and people have this visceral reaction and act like it's literally the worst thing in the world that could happen. It's exaggerated imo. The song is NOT that bad.

Yes, that's a good point and I agree. But that's not the point you made in the OP.

"But as a whole, there is NOTHING wrong with it" isn't an objective statement.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xdxrovied
8 minutes ago, Edonis said:

:oprah: I'm sorry but this comment alone is why so many LMs are called pretentious and ridiculous. You don't like a song so suddenly you hate other genres/types of music :oprah:

ermmmmm do you think LM even knew who Rick Rubin is? They were too busy having meltdowns because Gaga chose a personal matter instead of I Wanna Be With You... anyways...

pushing my pressed ass to one side, there was a thread today where someone literally said they were having meltdowns thinking LG5 is going to be like Dope, and the majority of those people are the ones that don't even try to hide how narrow their mind is, musically speaking

Spoiler

i mean, don't take my comment too seriously

fashion monster

I think fans don't particularly enjoy it because it's not the type of music we usually get from her, so maybe people were afraid of it being the standard from that point. I don't really mind Dope's vocals but sometimes you're not in the mood for it.

+ maybe people just enjoy more how she sings other songs.

Edonis
35 minutes ago, xdxrovied said:

ermmmmm do you think LM even knew who Rick Rubin is? They were too busy having meltdowns because Gaga chose a personal matter instead of I Wanna Be With You... anyways...

pushing my pressed ass to one side, there was a thread today where someone literally said they were having meltdowns thinking LG5 is going to be like Dope, and the majority of those people are the ones that don't even try to hide how narrow their mind is, musically speaking

Reveal hidden contents

i mean, don't take my comment too seriously

You're grouping people together with literally a small community of fans on an online Lady Gaga dedicated forum. That's my issue and that's the kind of stuff that pushes people away from our fandom. 

xdxrovied
12 minutes ago, Edonis said:

You're grouping people together with literally a small community of fans on an online Lady Gaga dedicated forum. That's my issue and that's the kind of stuff that pushes people away from our fandom. 

I'm actually new here... but i was on twitter back then until december 2013 and then i realised how brainwashed i was, it's like a personal thing for me to see someone talking so much **** just because of the emotions they should feel and the opinions they should have as a fan... 

let's be honest, from the vmas 2010 until december 2013 the littler monsters were the worst fandom ever in terms of narrow minded people (not talking about GGD but twitter).

the thing that push people away from any fandom is not people saying how bad it is but the fandom itself showing how bad it is...

Spoiler

i sign up here because it's more about discussion, not like twitter + im sooooo bored and sooooo hyped rn

15jocart

I don't understand the disdain for the vocal delivery because it's very, very similar to the vocal delivery of Bad Romance and Speechless, two of Gaga's most highly-regarded songs. Listen to Speechless and listen to Dope. Dope is slightly lower, but the way she enunciates and pronounces words (along with her slightly nasally sound) are very similar. For a contrast, listen to Venus or Born This Way.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Archived