I know we all know the gifs...

350x700px-LL-818f7f21_tumblr_mcspb0ZJ3C1

7TQ7ob.gif

tumblr_mz1tljBRNE1sn7zr6o1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_obptosZbAL1s8drpn_500.gif

tumblr_inline_oagx3lHlr41r4komv_500.gif

...but.... do you really know???

tumblr_inline_njmmbug4ub1qi1rmp.gif

How many of you have actually watched the interview itself? 

It's heartbreaking... she's high as a ****ing kite! But it's also endearing. It makes me both mourn for and IDOLIZE Whitney Houston like never before. Madonna calls herself the "unapologetic bitch" but Whitney was the real one... 

Enjoy, my friends! 

ReidOne

I remember watching this interview on live TV back in 2002 (?) with my college roommates... we were all FLOORED with what we were witnessing. Will never forget where I was the night we watched this! 

Whitney's legacy was never the same. Frankly, pop culture was never the same. 

ReidOne

Keep in mind, when this interview aired, most of the world was still under the illusion that Whitney was NOT a drug addict. Everything to this point had simply been speculation and tabloid fodder (and her voice had yet to disappear). 

But then this interview aired.

And everything became abundantly clear. 

ReidOne

...and the only thing better than this Diane interview is Whitney's Wendy Williams interview that she did 1 week later... while WAYYYY more f-cked up... 

It's a raw look at exactly who Whitney was, scars and all. It's so conflicting... she's clearly doing a lot of drugs to avoid all her pain, yet, the person she is shines through and I actually love her. And she's f-cking funny! 

"moving right along..."

Yo GagaGaga

I was about to get so invested in this, then I remembered I have a paper to write

At 2 PM I told myself I'd start it, but 8 episodes of Dance Moms later and I have nothing

I'll definitely watch it when I finish, wish me luck my friends

whitney-houston-alice-g-beck-serving-cin

ReidOne
Just now, Yo GagaGaga said:

I was about to get so invested in this, then I remembered I have a paper to write

At 2 PM I told myself I'd start it, but 8 episodes of Dance Moms later and I have nothing

I'll definitely watch it when I finish, wish me luck my friends

whitney-houston-alice-g-beck-serving-cin

Good luck!! 

...and you won't be disappointed! This will make a great treat for you when you get done, lol. 

BLACKOUTbritney

CRACK IS WHACK

DO YOU REALLY KNOW?

I WANNA SEE THE RECIPETS!

SURE...

*giggles* no way *gets serious* NO WAY

So many iconic gifs :giveup: 

Iconic Interview tbh

3oz8y0aRoFeHAw6FOM.gif

I'm such a Whitney stan, I've actually watched that interview many times :whitney:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

I remember watching this back in the day when it originally aired too.  Was so talked about back then and I guess still carries on today with all these gifs.  Very interesting to see what kind of mental state she was in at this point.  Kind of sad.

Kermit

What song was she performing at 13:14 ?

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

ReidOne
Just now, MAC said:

I remember watching this back in the day when it originally aired too.  Was so talked about back then and I guess still carries on today with all these gifs.  Very interesting to see what kind of mental state she was in at this point.  Kind of sad.

It's so sad... While I delight in reminiscing about it's relevance in pop culture, on a human level, it absolutely breaks my heart. I have cried so many tears over her... in some cases, more tears than I've cried over the passing of some of my own family. It's just... something else. Heartbreaking.

Some of my favorite memories of my childhood are riding in my car with my mom singing along to Whitney Houston songs. I know it's a generational thing, but she's more to me than just a pop act. She's connected to some of the warmest, happiest memories I have of my childhood. 

Such a shame to see how it all ended. 

ReidOne
1 minute ago, DominicB said:

What song was she performing at 13:14 ?

It sounds like a live version of "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" (that's been heavily re-arranged for a live show). 

1 minute ago, ReidOne said:

It's so sad... While I delight in reminiscing about it's relevance in pop culture, on a human level, it absolutely breaks my heart. I have cried so many tears over her... in some cases, more tears than I've cried over the passing of some of my own family. It's just... something else. Heartbreaking.

Some of my favorite memories of my childhood are riding in my car with my mom singing along to Whitney Houston songs. I know it's a generational thing, but she's more to me than just a pop act. She's connected to some of the warmest, happiest memories I have of my childhood. 

Such a shame to see how it all ended. 

Yeah, I understand what you mean totally.  It is still so hard to believe that she is gone.

imwoahvicky

It's a shame that such amazing artists die too early into their career.

Destroyed by fame and tons trashing them in the media and in public but they'll be the first to cry the second they die :interestinga:

Aaliyah, Amy, Whitney, etc. 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Archived