Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Does "Rise"s Failure Foretell KP4's Future?

DiscoHeaven23

Does "Rise" Foretell KP4's Future  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Does "Rise" foretell KP4's future?

• yes
    • no
    • too hard to tell

Featured Posts

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so, producing music without Dr.Luke will already be a handicap for her because her success depends of hit producers and writters. I wouldn't be surprised if Dr.Luke produced or ghost produced it anyway

6 hours ago, BrothaGaga said:

Wasn't a good song to begin with... 

I think people's taste in music is constantly changing. They either want chill bops ala chainsmoking or bieber or sometimes the most heartbreaking songs ala adele.

any promo won't be worth it if the song isn't good to begin with

:diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane::diane:

Too hard to tell. 

After the failure of Rise, KP and her team are probably hard at work trying to make her next album sound as radio-friendly, catchy and unoffensive as possible. So I think she could still come back with a hit. But at the same time, it's hard to say whether the GP has grown tired of her. The last half of PRISM's singles didn't do very well, so maybe people are getting bored of her sound. Or maybe they were just bad songs. Again, it's hard to tell. But I certainly don't think her career is over yet.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

lucastecala
10 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Every now and then I remember that "Rise" by Katy Perry exists.

And my jaw kinda drops when I realize how poorly it performed.

giphy.gif

I remember that night when it came out the majority of people were certain it would become her next #1 hit.

And then it didn't.

It has become her LOWEST peaking song on pop radio to date. Peaking at #23 and then retreating. 

Even when songs like "Unconditionally" and "Birthday" didn't go Top 10 on the Hot 100, they went top 10 on Pop radio. 

So does "Rise" foretell a bleak story of what will be KP4?

Has the GP lost interest in Katherine?

This is a serious question concerning Katy's popularity and not meant to be offensive to her. 

I think the problem is she's been making the exact same kind of music again and again. She needs to come back with something entirely new. If there is one thing Katy doesn't seem to be able to do well (besides singing :emma:) is reinventing herself. Prism was like a poor cousin of Teenage Dream, and rise would have fit in any of those two albuns. Let 2013 motivational songs go and make current, interesting, fresh music, for the love of god.

Not The Real Gaga

No, of course not. 'Rise' is a different kind of song than Katy Perry would produce normally. I wasn't a big fan of the song in the beginning, but 'Rise' really grew on me. I love it.

Katy Perry is a great artist and one of the best performers in the world right now. I don't think KP4's will be in line with 'Rise', I hope and I bet we will get a lot of massive sugar pop hits. She knows her markets, believe me.

10 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

Tried to sabotage Britney? :laughga:

Make Me's release was pushed back and Rise would have had a release date set for months. You guys try anything to get diss Katy.  Time to step out of 2013 :laughga:

The female MJ will continue for a while. That's all I have to say on this matter.  

I like Katy, but to call her "female MJ" ????

sis is u on drugs? What even...

DeanWinchester
10 hours ago, Shipper said:

I try to spread positivity but it doesnt mean others need to stop plotting her demise. :hug:

:toofunny:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
9 hours ago, BlaqJezus said:

Is she going to give us the darker or equally skilled take on pop that Teenage Dream was, or Prism 2.0...because no one is gonna be here for that second one.

Prism is TD 2.0

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

18 minutes ago, Pop said:

Yes. 

It's not 2013 anymore. People want TALENT now. 

so that means Rihanna is a talent? Your whole point is invalid now.

artists need to nail song with GP mood, it has to be catchy, and they need to have good luck, cuz nowdays many great bops are flopping so.. You cant be 101% sure that your song will be successful

MaryJaneHolland
11 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

The female MJ will continue for a while. That's all I have to say on this matter.  :firega:

what a joke :sharon:

OT: It was a ballad. Can't wait for ha candy pop. The GP will eat it up for sure.... Unfortunately

MaryJaneHolland
5 hours ago, Melisandre said:

If she keeps releasing the same poor quality. then yes. 

Her poor quality, candy, 1st grade pop always goes to #1 :awkney:

Unfortunately.... :awkney:

1 minute ago, Nono said:

so that means Rihanna is a talent? Your whole point is invalid now.

artists need to nail song with GP mood, it has to be catchy, and they need to have good luck, cuz nowdays many great bops are flopping so.. You cant be 101% sure that your song will be successful

Even in her wildest LSD induced dreams, Katheryn couldn't come up with a song like this or perform with soul like this.

Good BYE. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Iwontell
17 minutes ago, Pop said:

Yes. 

It's not 2013 anymore. People want TALENT now. 

Do they, tho? :poot:
Captura_de_Tela_2016_09_05_s_08_29_03.pn

:reductive:

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Archived