1 hour ago, Sycamore said:

I would probably like ARTPOP less.

I think I would love it more lol :laughga:

Colourful

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

I remember I was so hyped over the teasers, especially Sexxx Dreams and Swine ones.

And sure enough, she kept me moist through an hour long of journey.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Gagz4Gaga

I remember watching this back in 2013 and when Applause finally started playing, I was like :giveup: and just totally lost it.

nostalgia’s for geeks

The problem with Itunes Festival is that some of the performed songs sound differently in the album version. ARTOP and MANiCURE, for example, sounded so good in live version but the were tweaked in the album version, I dislike them greatly. In fact, this applies in most of songs that I've heard the first time, say in an award show, movies or even in tv commercial, but when I search them in youtube for album (final) version, they sound a bit off. Overall, it's the 'first listening experience' that matters, and i'd like gaga to perform PI live as close as the album version. 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Her performance of ARTPOP here is probably my favorite thing she's ever done. Seeing her go through that transformation on stage and then calmly descend into this beautiful space-age mid-tempo techno dream. 

I don't think I've ever been so excited for anything in her career as I was sitting down to watch this show, knowing we were about to hear six new songs.

ModernEcstasy

Why oh why did she change these masterpieces?

These version are so much better. 

The screams in swine. :flutter: The song felt so raw. It really excited me. 

Glittertinks

I loved Swinefest. The versions of Swine, ARTPOP (that intro instrumental...) and Sexxx Dreams were the best and I was devastated that she had changed the best parts.

It was also a nice feeling to hear most of the songs for the first time this way, it felt like we're all in the same room :giveup:

Gagaplayer315

This is pure perfection. I remember watching it a year later because I didnt want to spoil ARTPOP when it releseaded

Swine literally blew me away the first time. I mean, all considering that it's such a hard rave song, I don't know why I expected it to be how it sounded the first time live.

On the album, it sounds fine, pretty conventional. But live? That performance might be one of my all-time favorite from hers, ever.

3 hours ago, Envi said:

The problem with Itunes Festival is that some of the performed songs sound differently in the album version. ARTOP and MANiCURE, for example, sounded so good in live version but the were tweaked in the album version, I dislike them greatly. In fact, this applies in most of songs that I've heard the first time, say in an award show, movies or even in tv commercial, but when I search them in youtube for album (final) version, they sound a bit off. Overall, it's the 'first listening experience' that matters, and i'd like gaga to perform PI live as close as the album version. 

I agree. I remember vaguely that she said a lot of the songs performed weren't going to be the final versions on the album- hell, I'm fairly sure she said she would even be performing some demos.

I just didn't expect them to be that good, or even better. It was just so organic, and couldn't be replicated.

3 points in and ready for more

KinneyUnderYou

Lady Gaga headlined the iTunes Festival 3 years ago today and performed 8 tracks from her album ARTPOP! #SwineFest

CrSsusGWEAEtY49.jpg

Justin Drew Bieber

I still remember downloading an app on my iPod to be able to watch it live :flutter: my favorite song was ARTPOP. I wish the studio version had louder he he's :/

retroglamx
Just now, KinneyUnderYou said:

One of the best pictures of Lady Gaga from that night

CrS9sYvWgAEF2Li.jpg

giphy.gif

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Caesium

One of my all time favourite Gaga performances :giveup:

I remember it like it was yesterday :giveup:

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Archived