Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

"Exclusives That Are Not Excluded"

Music

Featured Posts

Harry
50 minutes ago, princetomc said:

I really can't work out whether the deal will help the single or do the opposite 

It depends how long it's exclusive for imo... For example Rihanna and Drake were both exclusive to their services for a week only before going to everyone else and they still had some of the biggest hits this year. Some people act like it's the worst thing while others think it's a great idea, I'm honestly not convinced it has that much of a difference.

The benefit of her partnership with Apple will come with the album, imo. If they give it all the banners like they did for Blonde and other exclusives, it will be a big help.

Petrichor
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Well if that's true and Gaga's deal was already arranged then it should still be happening.

I'm more interested in the future exclusives from Drake, Kanye and Ariana? These artists have all released recently. Are they gonna be videos or what?

Drake + Ye are releasing a joint album together.

prince
Just now, Harry said:

It depends how long it's exclusive for imo... For example Rihanna and Drake were both exclusive to their services for a week only before going to everyone else and they still had some of the biggest hits this year. Some people act like it's the worst thing while others think it's a great idea, I'm honestly not convinced it has that much of a difference.

The benefit of her partnership with Apple will come with the album, imo. If they give it all the banners like they did for Blonde and other exclusives, it will be a big help.

That's what I thought, surely a deal with Apple could actually lead to decent promotion like with Blonde and I think Gagas fanbase has grown and people are actually anticipating this single and if they are then a deal with Apple wont stop them listening to it or wanting to buy it, I guess only time will tell :koons: 

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, vocalqueef said:

can't wait to download PI illegally then:madge:

If i gift up to three songs will that count as seperate purchases and will you flops stop buying illegally?

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Bloody Matt
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Why do you get a like from me everytime you post? :oprah:

Sorry if I look like a creep :oprah:

Harry
2 minutes ago, Petrichor said:

Drake + Ye are releasing a joint album together.

I know Kanye said it but is it officially confirmed? That will also be interesting to see which service it comes to since Kanye is Tidal and Drake is Apple. Unless Apple buys Tidal out or something and that's the "unifying release", so to speak. That would be big.

Just now, princetomc said:

That's what I thought, surely a deal with Apple could actually lead to decent promotion like with Blonde and I think Gagas fanbase has grown and people are actually anticipating this single and if they are then a deal with Apple wont stop them listening to it or wanting to buy it, I guess only time will tell :koons: 

Yeah tbh people go on about "availability" and stuff, but I can't think of a single that was released in a traditional way (i.e. before the album) that remained that way. If something is going to be a hit then it will find a way of being a hit.

There's literally no evidence that exclusives damage commercial success. If anything, it's the opposite. So many of the biggest hits as of late have been restricted from some services at some point. 25, Lemonade, 1989, Views, Blonde, Anti... 

3 minutes ago, Bloody Matt said:

Why do you get a like from me everytime you post? :oprah:

Sorry if I look like a creep :oprah:

:rip: Haha no not creepy at all, flattering lol! 

13 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

If i gift up to three songs will that count as seperate purchases and will you flops stop buying illegally?

yeah, i think it counts as seperate purchases but i'm not 100% sure on that

Lucas
1 hour ago, princetomc said:

I really can't work out whether the deal will help the single or do the opposite 

Gaga doesn't have a lot of streaming power, look all the TIDAL exclusives, they flopped pretty bad, even Beyoncé's Formation peaked on the bubbling under hot 100 if I'm not wrong. She needs the pure sales

+ it goes against everything Gaga has ever said about wanting everyone to be able to enjoy new music for the first time at the same time

ALGAYDO
1 hour ago, VenusOddity said:

i wonder where are yall getting that gaga has a deal with apple apart from stuff that happened ages ago?

You mean, besides the multiple reliable news outlets who've stated so? Lol 

thatfoxyfeeling

She could release the album normally on iTunes and allow it to be streamed on Spotify etc. but have exclusive songs for Apple Music. She has so many unreleased songs, imagine if she did a Frank and released Act 2 or a B-Side project exclusively and release LG5 on all platforms. 

13VictorC
2 hours ago, princetomc said:

Me neither. But Gaga needs a platform or partnership to kickoff the launch of the new era, and there is no better or bigger event in September than Apple's Keynote.

darkchylde
3 hours ago, HOMODRAKE said:

You mean, besides the multiple reliable news outlets who've stated so? Lol 

yes lol? multiple reliable news outlets confirmed and august release and yet

ALGAYDO
2 hours ago, VenusOddity said:

yes lol? multiple reliable news outlets confirmed and august release and yet

Weren't they just speculating an August release tho? :laughga:

Archived