💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are female artists so sexualised?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

darkchylde
10 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Isn't feminism about being equal to men? So why is it now that women are being more sexualised? To a point where they are made to feel submissive? Men can just take off their shirts and that's being sexual for the day. But women....they have to have lots of cleavage, then dancing around, shaking their butts, touching themselves, moaning, singing about how she needs a man to **** her and make her orgasm... Has the tables completely turned, where now women have to titillate their male counterparts in extreme ways to be sexually empowering?

no. feminism works for the liberation of women which has equality as a consecuence. the point is that, given that women are extremeley objetified, some feel comfortable being sexual. there's nothing wrong about it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

So people should stop saying it's about being equal, because it's clearly not. She keeps saying men are being sexual and women should too, but do men always act like strippers? 

Bey (or whoever) wants to be sexual. Should she stop just because male artists don't do the same thing?

I kinda understand your point Rainbow Blonde but.. I think women themselves(like here at the VMAs, NOT IN EVERY CASE) like to be sexualized. 

Now, before someone stabs me, Imma run away bye

Fiona Apple

13 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Isn't feminism about being equal to men? So why is it now that women are being more sexualised? To a point where they are made to feel submissive? Men can just take off their shirts and that's being sexual for the day. But women....they have to have lots of cleavage, then dancing around, shaking their butts, touching themselves, moaning, singing about how she needs a man to **** her and make her orgasm... Has the tables completely turned, where now women have to titillate their male counterparts in extreme ways to be sexually empowering?

Nowadays feminism doesn't support equality xD

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Nino said:

Women who boldly display their sexuality on their own terms are seen as empowering because for centuries in American society men have been made to control how and when women act sexually.

But when they act like strippers, it almost feels like they are doing it for men again. They have to touch themselves, dance sexually, tease the men, just like what strippers do, but except these strippers get paid to do so. These female artists are doing all these acts on their own terms and then they call it being equal to men. It's far from that though. 

RadioIsOurs
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Bey (or whoever) wants to be sexual. Should she stop just because male artists don't do the same thing?

She can do whatever she wants. But she shouldn't say that it's for equality for sexuality between genders. 

RadioIsOurs
4 minutes ago, RF said:

I kinda understand your point Rainbow Blonde but.. I think women themselves(like here at the VMAs, NOT IN EVERY CASE) like to be sexualized. 

Now, before someone stabs me, Imma run away bye

b376bdac-f24a-4c8d-9712-7242aa219f3b.gif

It's fine if they want to sexualise themselves. But they shouldn't complain when men start gawking at them and  then say that they feel 'objectified'. They brought it to themselves. 

2 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

But when they act like strippers, it almost feels like they are doing it for men again. They have to touch themselves, dance sexually, tease the men, just like what strippers do, but except these strippers get paid to do so. These female artists are doing all these acts on their own terms and then they call it being equal to men. It's far from that though. 

There isn't one lyric in this song about Jay Z's sexual gratification and Beyonce has been your punching bag this entire thread. Your prudish ideas are ancient and they're the kind of rhetoric that's been used to oppress women for years. Men have been making songs about sex and selling sex since the days of Elvis Presley. You can stay pressed and bitter that women in art aren't letting men censor their sexuality anymore.

10 minutes ago, RF said:

Every grown person(minus the asexuals) on planet earth wants to feel sexy and have sex. :applause: 

RadioIsOurs
9 minutes ago, Nino said:

There isn't one lyric in this song about Jay Z's sexual gratification and Beyonce has been your punching bag this entire thread. Your prudish ideas are ancient and they're the kind of rhetoric that's been used to oppress women for years. Men have been making songs about sex and selling sex since the days of Elvis Presley. You can stay pressed and bitter that women in art aren't letting men censor their sexuality anymore.

I don't want to turn this into a heated argument, so please calm down and take a seat.

If I want to be offensive, I would be saying that women should all wear less clothes and act like a strippers around men, but my point is exactly the opposite. Men don't sell sex the same way women do. Let me just get straight to the point here. You cannot replace Beyonce with a male artist doing all the same moves in this video, wearing all the same type of clothes, and make him successful, because it wouldn't work. People would call him 'gay' and 'sissy'. They might be immature, but that's the type of mindset society have now, and it should change.

7 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

b376bdac-f24a-4c8d-9712-7242aa219f3b.gif

It's fine if they want to sexualise themselves. But they shouldn't complain when men start gawking at them and  then say that they feel 'objectified'. They brought it to themselves. 

1 minute ago, Nino said:

Every grown person(minus the asexuals) on planet earth wants to feel sexy and have sex. :applause: 

Of couse! Youre both right but then again women complain men sexualize them

That's not true (partially), most of this sexualization process is made by women themselves, yet the nazi feminists can't accept the truth.

Obviously this is a general statement, there are plenty of different cases etc

Y'all. Gaga literally has an entire SONG dedicated to this. G.U.Y. literally talks about how just because women want to seem submissive, it does not mean that they are powerless. Your logic is flawed in that you connote submission to weakness, which is completely wrong. For the longest time men have been controlling how sexual a woman should be, sex-positive feminism combats that as some women may find being sexual to being empowering.

Sexuality empowers some, modesty empowers some, it's not up to anyone beside the woman to decide what she finds empowering.

Also, just because someone finds sexuality to be liberating, it does not give others the right to objectify them. Objectification happens as a conscious thought by the ones carrying it out. Objectification is not the victim's fault, regardless of sex.

headspin, happiness, DEÌ€ÌŁAÌąÌŻÍ”Ì˜T͏͙̗̟̫HÍĄÍ…Ì—Ì™

10 minutes ago, Nino said:

Female nudes leaking isn't the same as purposefully getting naked for press. In recent years an equal amount of men and women have done the latter. If you see women expressing their sexuality as inherently submissive you must have some deeply internalized misogyny issues.

:golfclap: 

And I think that the issue is is a tad bit simpler than some of the people here see it. Women tend to "sexualize" (which, in the succeeding parts of this comment is thought of as not the actual case) themselves as a riot against the oppressive and limiting idea of the society that women should always be clothed, act a certain demure, pure, virginal way. Is the same societal mechanics forced upon men? No. Women, just as men, are sexual beings - something the society that chooses to ignore and forget. By taking control of their body and doing whatever they want with it, asserting their sexual nature (rather than coining it as sexualizing themselves), they fight for and demand equality from a disgustingly patriarchal, masculine society.

10 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Women are being sexual in such a way that they are now becoming ****ing strippers. Do men have to act like strippers to be seen as empowering? 

And what's wrong with acting like a stripper? :huh: And to answer your question - men doesn't need to 'act like strippers' because they are not stripped of their freedom - rights, if you will - to be sexual, thus eliminating the need for them to "act like a stripper". This is #StraightPride, #AllLivesMatter ideology all over again.

In summary: Women assert their sexuality because the society forbids them to. They do it for themselves, and not for men. I think this is the concept that you missed (and still are) when you made this thread. Internalized misogyny is honestly, truly, a scary thing. Better fix your views sis :reductive:

5 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

I don't want to turn this into a heated argument, so please calm down and take a seat.

If I want to be offensive, I would be saying that women should all wear less clothes and act like a strippers around men, but my point is exactly the opposite. Men don't sell sex the same way women do. Let me just get straight to the point here. You cannot replace Beyonce with a male artist doing all the same moves in this video, wearing all the same type of clothes, and make him successful, because it wouldn't work. People would call him 'gay' and 'sissy'. They might be immature, but that's the type of mindset society have now, and it should change.

giphy.gifMJ-crotch-grabbing-michael-jackson-12182tumblr_mf0w3ewwEu1rm1sixo1_500.gif

Men sell sex just as much. The most successful male musicians ever have used selling sex as a crutch the same way modern female pop stars do.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, jinko said:

:golfclap: 

And I think that the issue is is a tad bit simpler than some of the people here see it. Women tend to "sexualize" (which, in the succeeding parts of this comment is thought of as not the actual case) themselves as a riot against the oppressive and limiting idea of the society that women should always be clothed, act a certain demure, pure, virginal way. Is the same societal mechanics forced upon men? No. Women, just as men, are sexual beings - something the society that chooses to ignore and forget. By taking control of their body and doing whatever they want with it, asserting their sexual nature (rather than coining it as sexualizing themselves), they fight for and demand equality from a disgustingly patriarchal, masculine society.

And what's wrong with acting like a stripper? :huh: And to answer your question - men doesn't need to 'act like strippers' because they are not stripped of their freedom - rights, if you will - to be sexual, thus eliminating the need for them to "act like a stripper". This is #StraightPride, #AllLivesMatter ideology all over again.

In summary: Women assert their sexuality because the society forbids them to. They do it for themselves, and not for men. I think this is the concept that you missed (and still are) when you made this thread. Internalized misogyny is honestly, truly, a scary thing. Better fix your views sis :reductive:

It's 2016. Times change. I grow up in an era where girls are known for exposing themselves and wearing whatever they want. Being sexual might be the new kind of inferiority. And that's based on my observations, since all the boys now want girls to be as sexual as possible for their enjoyment. I'm far from being old-fashioned. I don't think women should always be clothed. I've never suggested that, so stop putting words in my mouth. But I think women should relook at how they want to sexualise themselves if they WANT to be seen as EQUAL.

Archived