Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Frank Ocean Causes Possible Setbacks for Gaga

gagzus

Featured Posts

Ray of Light

I don't think this ban should apply to deals that had already been negotiated, not to mention contracted. This would imply more loss on SONY seeing that they'd have to resonate with the contract they're forcing Interscope to break with Apple. 

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arizona Sky

I feel both happy & worried about this. Happy because it will be more accessible & better more her On-Demand Streaming which counts towards Billboard Hot 100. But also worried for this eras management because if things like that are crossing Bobby's mind, I would be super concerned about how this era will be handled management wise. An Apple Music Exclusive is literally the last thing she should do.

Phong Le
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I'm sure she could get more avant garde pieces without funding from Apple 

She probably can get some but I want her to go all out for making us wait this long. 

Can you see the storm clouds forming over Santa Monica?

Apparently, Lucian Grainge this week emailed top executives ‘outlawing’ streaming exclusive deals by Universal artists.

The decision was very possibly born in fury, after Frank Ocean’s bestseller-in-waiting, Blonde, slipped through Grainge’s fingers.

As MBW reported earlier today, sources suggest that Ocean fulfilled his UMG contract with ‘visual album’ Endless on August 19; only to release a ‘proper’ studio album, Blonde, on his own label the very next day.

You can imagine the scenario.

http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/lucian-grainge-wants-to-stop-streaming-exclusives-does-he-really-have-the-power/

Wow i can understand why he is pissed off :giggle:

JackTheTripper

Lets check some facts, the bigger Gaga get, the more she started to suck the tit of corporate giant and bring bucks, and now with all this exclusive contacts and marketing strategies will AGAIN set back the music and put bussines of making money in front..... If anything maybe Gaga could learn something from FRank Ocean and be the only individual responsible for her releases and distrbuted them independetly, and probably have full control , instead of always crying about  betrayels of other people messing with her music... Take control, buy yourself out, whatever

Reality
Just now, Phong Le said:

She probably can get some but I want her to go all out for making us wait this long. 

She has the money to—that's what I mean.

If she wanted to, she could buy as many avant-garde pieces as she likes. 

🃏🖤👹

3 minutes ago, Phong Le said:

Also funding from Apple. They have a lot of money to get things exclusive. Meaning Gaga can get more avant garde outfits! 

Sis wut are you even talking about? her net worth is 275 million :madge:

If the song is done i don't know what Gaga is holding on to. If the deal is not in place anymore just give an advance to other streaming platforms and release on the same date it was planned before. The music will speak for itself.

gagzus
1 minute ago, Nono said:

Sis wut are you even talking about? her net worth is 275 million :madge:

A net worth is the total money she has earned in her career thus far (not including interscope's cut taken out of it) it's not relative of the money she has in the bank currently

Phong Le
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

With or without Apple Music, her fans should just still support her, get the song when released etc.

Personally, I think it could still come though, the AM exclusive.

We always supported her but look what happen with ARTPOP just us is not enough

5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

It's not like it's Gaga's fault. According to this article, Frank Ocean may be somewhat responsible for possible setbacks for Gaga. 

Plus, are you seriously complaining about the time difference between the announcement of PI with its release date? Be happy that we got an announcement in the first place. 

I'd rather have no announcement or just one week in advance. It's ridiculous to wait such a long time for a single that has been anticipated since 2015.

RAMROD
Just now, Phong Le said:

We always supported her but look what happen with ARTPOP just us is not enough

Lies tbh, majority fans don't even get ARTPOP CDs and complained it flopped, I wonder why :neyde:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Slayer

Apple Music deal? Seriously Gaga? After telling us how you believed music should be available and easily accessible for everybody? :usrs:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

A net worth is the total money she has earned in her career thus far (not including interscope's cut taken out of it) it's not relative of the money she has in the bank currently

Okay henny, but what im trying to say is that she is a multimillionaire not a B-list celeb :madge:

Archived