Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga Newsletter Includes Official "Perfect Illusion" Vine

crisTEAne

Featured Posts

PartySick
11 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I'm not in any way angry, this is the way I speak. Would some emoticons help convey how chill I am? Here you go.  :lolga::cryga::laughga:

That's for you. :staymad:

Now you're speaking my language :lolga:

For the record, your criticism's fair. After the hype wore off a little, I didn't think it was that great either. I've come around to it really fast though :happy: it has me really curious about this era's overall theme.

The Fame was glitzy, The Fame Monster was grotesque, Born This Way was dark, ARTPOP was colorful (and artsy in a hundred different ways), LG5 looks like it might be tech-y and the possibility of Intel working with her on LG5's visuals, maybe even the tour, has me so :excited2:

💚

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13VictorC
53 minutes ago, BoomKack said:

What if the single cover is a gif and Apple choose Gaga to launch the update with?!

I think Gaga would've liked to have done something like that with the ARTPOP singles, because I remember seeing a gif of the Applause cover image at GMA thinking that.

55 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

Vine :neyde:

It took me a while lmao

raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.jpg

i c o n i c

3 points in and ready for more

crisTEAne
1 minute ago, Miel said:

It took me a while lmao

raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.jpg

i c o n i c

thank you. :hor: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Jester
14 minutes ago, DrewStevens said:

What Would Kanye Do?

You mean this type of graphic garbage:

rs_600x600-160211142116-600-the-life-of-

album_yeezus_mini2.jpg

No thanks. I rather have some lazy ass promo image than these horrible and nonsense "art"works

It's provocative and different to make people talking.

Gaga's banners are just ugly, boring and sooo easy to ignore. (From a GP's stand of view)

SKANK
11 minutes ago, DrewStevens said:

What Would Kanye Do?

You mean this type of graphic garbage:

rs_600x600-160211142116-600-the-life-of-

album_yeezus_mini2.jpg

No thanks. I rather have some lazy ass promo image than these horrible and nonsense "art"works

Fans in glass houses shouldn't throw stones:

lady-gaga-born-this-way-cover-1302940758

Your mistake is assuming graphic design is about looking pretty. It's not. The Yeezus cover perfectly conveys the actual sonics of that record, minimalist and abrasive. The Life of Pablo cover, is by Peter Depotter. It's modern art, it's not meant to be practical or beautiful. It's challenging.

Also, art is subjective. So, if I were you I wouldn't get into the habit of calling art you dislike "art" - it doesn't make the art you dislike any less legitimate, it just makes you look close minded.

Dawson
8 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Also, art is subjective. So, if I were you I wouldn't get into the habit of calling art you dislike "art" - it doesn't make the art you dislike any less legitimate, it just makes you look close minded.

So you say art is subjective then on the previous page say 

"The colors, the stripes, the typeface...it's all horrific, dated, and cheap. I don't understand why she can't work with innovative graphic designers for her merch, album art, and promotional materials. She needs to ask herself, What Would Kanye Do? Not, how much texture can I add to this?"

SKANK
1 minute ago, Dawson said:

"The colors, the stripes, the typeface...it's all horrific, dated, and cheap. I don't understand why she can't work with innovative graphic designers for her merch, album art, and promotional materials. She needs to ask herself, What Would Kanye Do? Not, how much texture can I add to this?"

Art being subjective doesn't mean you can't have an opinion about it. 

I gave specific and legitimate criticisms: the colors, the typeface, the stripes, and the style. I think it's an example of poor design - but I'm not arguing that it isn't design and that it isn't art.

DrewStevens
1 hour ago, Jester said:

It's provocative and different to make people talking.

Gaga's banners are just ugly, boring and sooo easy to ignore. (From a GP's stand of view)

Sure Jan. Kanye makes incredible music and his music videos make people think and they are usually provocative. His cover arts are just as artistic and groundbreaking as Gaga's ARTPOP concept.

DrewStevens
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

Fans in glass houses shouldn't throw stones:

lady-gaga-born-this-way-cover-1302940758

Your mistake is assuming graphic design is about looking pretty. It's not. The Yeezus cover perfectly conveys the actual sonics of that record, minimalist and abrasive. The Life of Pablo cover, is by Peter Depotter. It's modern art, it's not meant to be practical or beautiful. It's challenging.

You are using an argument that could be easily used against your original post.

"The colors, the stripes, the typeface...it's all horrific"

How is calling someone's graphic job "horrific" not close minded too? 

If Graphic design isn't about looking pretty and art is subjective then something "horrific, cheap and dated" is not less valuable than Kanye's art.

You can't trash someone's job and then expect people to respect yours or the one you like.

Also why did you have to bring the BTW cover? Do you think it's not artistic?

SKANK
3 minutes ago, DrewStevens said:

You are using an argument that could be easily used against your original post.

"The colors, the stripes, the typeface...it's all horrific"

How is calling someone's graphic job "horrific" not close minded too? 

If Graphic design isn't about looking pretty and art is subjective then something "horrific, cheap and dated" is not less valuable than Kanye's art.

You can't trash someone's job and then expect people to respect yours or the one you like.

Also why did you have to bring the BTW cover? Do you think it's not artistic?

I made harsh but specific criticisms about a piece of art, never once denying that it was art. You denied that a piece of art was actually art (by calling it "art") because you thought it was garbage. There is a difference. I'm sure you can see that.

The Born This Way cover, like The Life of Pablo cover is an example of intentionally bad graphic design. It's meant to be attention getting rather then flattering and easy to look at. The font is horrible, the Photoshop is horrible, and the image is abrasive. That is the point.

FrankGutz
1 hour ago, Dawson said:

@SKANK is right tho, she could use another palette and it would probably work better

i might think she chooses that mix of colors|stripes to try to express the sound of LG5, some sort of psychedellic rock, maybe 60's 70's (which i think that's what she tried since she's working with Tame Impala) but she failed, but oh well, i guess i low key liked it tho

I mean u can't do that much with what she shared tho

Spoiler

i think maybe something more elaborated, will look like this? just a bunch of colors thrown up there

XjRL7qynnLgDpmbKF_m.jpg

psychedilc-rock-flower-power.jpg

Top-10-Psychedelic-Rock-Albums-of-All-Ti

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

DrewStevens
Just now, SKANK said:

I made harsh but specific criticisms about a piece of art, never once denying that it was art. You denied that a piece of art was actually art (by calling it "art") because you thought it was garbage. There is a difference. I'm sure you can see that.

The Born This Way cover, like The Life of Pablo cover is an example of intentionally bad graphic design. It's meant to be attention getting rather then flattering and easy to look at. The font is horrible, the Photoshop is horrible, and the image is abrasive. That is the point.

How is there a difference?

You didn't say "the color sheme is not appealing and the design seems lazy".  You called it horrible. That's not fair criticism, that's just trashing something because you don't like it.

SKANK
Just now, DrewStevens said:

How is there a difference?

You didn't say "the color sheme is not appealing and the design seems lazy".  You called it horrible. That's not fair criticism, that's just trashing something because you don't like it.

Criticizing a piece of art is different then denying that a piece of art is actually art. Understand?

1 minute ago, frankgutz said:

@SKANK is right tho, she could use another palette and it would probably work better

i might think she chooses that mix of colors|stripes to try to express the sound of LG5, some sort of psychedellic rock, maybe 60's 70's (which i think that's what she tried since she's working with Tame Impala) but she failed, but oh well, i guess i low key liked it tho

I mean u can't do that much with what she shared tho

Reveal hidden contents

i think maybe something more elaborated, will look like this? just a bunch of colors thrown up there

XjRL7qynnLgDpmbKF_m.jpg

psychedilc-rock-flower-power.jpg

Top-10-Psychedelic-Rock-Albums-of-All-Ti

The color palette is  the most confusing part to me. I'm not sure what those colors are supposed to evoke other then an Easter Card.

Archived