Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 2)

Americano

Featured Posts

It's not like anyone will remember Rihanna's 12 #1 hits bar Umbrella and WFL.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• Valentino

• boysboysboys

• Ozzy8923

I think some people are gonna take it really badly when the next Gaga single isn't as successful as BTW (though it will obv be successful) and the album doesn't sell as much as BTW.

Edited by zizka

Americano

Gaga, is not, just, a singles, artist. :lolgaga:

Neither is Rihanna. Loud actually sold well in the US, so I don't see your point.

Edited by Americano

Oyemiamor

I don't know why Marry the Night flopped. All of my friends that are whatever Gaga fans (they wouldn't even know a song like HML or So Happy I Could Die) said that Marry the Night was their favorite Gaga song. You and I should have flopped and it was one of Gaga's most successful U.S singles :flop:

You and I didn't deserve to flop. It was a perfect pop/rockish song that was different than really anything out there at the time. She hit many genres with that song and gained a ton of respect with it. Everyone keeps talking about how Gaga will need to innovate with her new record, well hello she has been doing this all along. She knew radio was going in this direction, maybe she is cursed with being a bit too early with it.

Americano

I think some people are gonna take it really badly when the next Gaga single isn't as successful as BTW (though it will obv be successful) and the album doesn't sell as much as BTW.

Depends on what the lead single is like.

You and I didn't deserve to flop. It was a perfect pop/rockish song that was different than really anything out there at the time. She hit many genres with that song and gained a ton of respect with it. Everyone keeps talking about how Gaga will need to innovate with her new record, well hello she has been doing this all along. She knew radio was going in this direction, maybe she is cursed with being a bit too early with it.

Its always good to be ahead of the curve than behind

Americano

I don't doubt a #1, if that's what you mean. haha

No I mean it depends on how big it is to translate to a big era overall/high album sales.

Arturo

I didn't mean it deserved to. It should have flopped considering she's a pop artist. Everyone (including me) expected it to not do as well as BTW or TEOG. However I'm extremely glad it had some longevity in the U.S

I think the album will outsell BTW but will not have that big of a debut week.

Valentino

Oh the next year's gonna be fun. :giggle:

Neither is Rihanna. Loud actually sold well in the US, so I don't see your point.

'Loud' came out in 2010 and hasn't reached 2million yet.

Americano

I think the album will outsell BTW but will not have that big of a debut week.

I agree, but I think itll still be 500k+

Edited by Americano

Oh the next year's gonna be fun. :giggle:

Hopefully this year!

and you can quote me and I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong. :)

Valentino

Hopefully this year!

and you can quote me and I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong. :)

Oh :giggle: okay. :)

Valentino

6 weeks at #1 baby. Let's say the prayers for Gaga.

Whose album was #1 for 6 weeks? :usrs: