Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

US Charts Discussion (Part 2)

Americano

Featured Posts

SMILE2NE1

She's up to double digits in successful singles, she doesn't need to worry about becoming irrelevant for awhile.

It's weird for us since we've been following her, but she's been on the radio nonstop for almost 5 years. Shes established enough now to take some time off.

(Even though she's not going to. I think we'll get a new single and a new album later in 2012.)

Any later and it'll be a huge mistake for her IMO.

Back to the topic of music style. IDK, I think the public will tire of her if she does dance music again but I don't see her doing Indie pop/cheesy pop songs on her new album which is what the public are into now.

Thinking of Gaga going a non-route is just so weird though.

I personally feel as if she should do electro-jazz. Perfect twist of obvious talent and her usual shtick.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• Valentino

• boysboysboys

• Ozzy8923

Americano

She can do dance that's not generic. She did it with The Edge of Glory and Bad Romance.

Edited by Americano

Arturo

I think for Gaga's 4th album she should wait to release her 5th album so she can go on tour and promote those 2 albums.

Going on tour for every one of her albums seems like it'd tire her out a lot.

Galactic Mess

She can do dance that's not generic. She did it with The Edge of Glory and Bad Romance.

Exactly :D

She needs a more "futuristic" sound in her work from now on. Something ahead of its time and of higher quality.

Galactic Mess

She needs a more "futuristic" sound in her work from now on. Something ahead of its time and of higher quality.

Exactly what I'm expecting of this album, Idk, I have a weird feeling about this next one...

heavymlover

At the end of the day, it's very difficult to make something completely new in a genre that is basically a mixture of other music genres. Even though of indie music being popular right now, I kind of feel that it won't last long. It's a breathe of Katy Perry, Rihanna, Gaga and the others dominating the radio, but I don't feel it strong enough to last a very long time (In despite of Adele's huge sales).

Let's see how Gaga brings something different.

Edited by heavymlover

Galactic Mess

At the end of the day, it's very difficult to make something completely new in a genre that is basically a mixture of other music genres. Even though of indie music being popular right now, I kind of feel that it won't last long. It's a breathe of Katy Perry, Rihanna, Gaga and the others dominating the radio, but I don't feel it strong enough to last a very long time (In despite of Adele's huge sales).

Let's see how Gaga brings something different.

Yeah, Indie will last up to like 1/2 years, if it ever manages to stay there after FUN and Gotye.

And I'm not hoping a genre never heard before from Gaga's next album, since that's virtually impossible nowadays... but I'd like her to keep evolving, like she did from TF to TFM, and from TFM to BTW (you can't deny that the sound of all the three albums is extremely different when you compare one to another - even TF and TFM).

Exactly what I'm expecting of this album, Idk, I have a weird feeling about this next one...

i have a good feeling about this next one, i really hope GaGa works with Zedd in the new album i can sense some MAGIC could come from this .... :excited2:

Valentino

I think Rihanna will recover just fine with WHYB though :flutter:

WHYB will smash, y'all crazy if you don't think so. It's already 11 in Oz and it's climbing up in the US. Plus it's catchy and a lot like WFL.

I just wanna say once again, for the record, that I believe 'WHYB' will probably go top 3 in the US. However, (like you said) it's so much like 'WFL' that there's no reason for it not to #1 smash like 'WFL' did.

For a track like this to peak at #3 is not acceptable for a singles artist like Rihanna - especially with promo and what looks to be a kickass video. No excuse.

Truth is, Rihanna reconciling with Chris the way she did, with that "I don't give a **** what you think!" attitude, has damaged her image, and that's why her singles are underperforming.

heavymlover

Yeah, Indie will last up to like 1/2 years, if it ever manages to stay there after FUN and Gotye.

And I'm not hoping a genre never heard before from Gaga's next album, since that's virtually impossible nowadays... but I'd like her to keep evolving, like she did from TF to TFM, and from TFM to BTW (you can't deny that the sound of all the three albums is extremely different when you compare one to another - even TF and TFM).

Just look at Foster the people. Pumped up kicks was very successful, but very few people know about their next 3 singles. Also, some people say that Gotye's Making Mirrors doesn't have any other radio song besides STIUTK. We'll see... Maybe we can get a surprise.

And yeah, it must be difficult for Gaga to go a step further in a world where almost everything has been done. But she's creative, and hopefully we'll have something interesting for her next one.

Americano

I just wanna say once again, for the record, that I believe 'WHYB' will probably go top 3 in the US. However, (like you said) it's so much like 'WFL' that there's no reason for it not to #1 smash like 'WFL' did.

For a track like this to peak at #3 is not acceptable for a singles artist like Rihanna - especially with promo and what looks to be a kickass video. No excuse.

The fact it's a 5th single is a HUGE reason for it not to go #1.

Valentino

The fact it's a 5th single is a HUGE reason for it not to go #1.

Like 'GGGB's 5th and 6th singles 'Take A Bow' and 'Disturbia'? :lolgaga:

Americano

Uh, Rihanna has been around for years now. Clearly she has less hype versus then, just like Lady Gaga has less now versus TF.

:awesome:

saltface

They were from her re-release :lolgaga: