Die With A Smile Spotify Banner

US Charts Discussion (Part 2)

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

Look, this is a Gaga forum. It is fine to talk about Britney but it is like someone here says oh, I like this band and you are like oh Britney does this this and this. You seem so one dimensional. Expand your horizons and talk about something else. Next time you go off topic about Britney I am reporting you. You have already been warned.

What are you going on about? :rofl:

He actually often talks about Britney's charting and HE didn't even bring her up this time. Me and ghettogoth did.

:lmao:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• Valentino

• boysboysboys

• Ozzy8923

Oyemiamor

I think Gaga's meteoric rise is similar to Britney.

It could be argued Gaga rose to fame with take-over of female acts, with Katy Perry/Ke$ha/Nicki Minaj/Adele. I don't think she's really been alone at all.

Yes, but so many other artists at the time had the same rise. A la Xtina. So many people were booming at that time. Gaga really had a niche that no one else had a handle on.

I don't know this is a different era. Britney was part of the disney era pop tart/ boy band explosion. They deserve to be in a box. Gaga was all on her own, different from everyone else on the scene. I really don't think there is much to compare between Gaga and Britney.

True, true, I just think the overall success is comparable, not the way it was achieved. When it comes to the way the success was achieved Gaga's more comparable to Madonna.

When will her career end? :sweep:

I really enjoy some songs from Pink Friday like Girls Fall Like Dominos, Super Bass, and Moment 4 Life. They're cohesive, rap/pop, but not overbearing. Somewhere in the making of PF:RR, something went absolutely haywire lol.

Americano

Yes, but so many other artists at the time had the same rise. A la Xtina. So many people were booming at that time. Gaga really had a niche that no one else had a handle on.

"It" girls always have that advantage, a la Madonna and Britney. That's exactly why she was brought up.

Oyemiamor

What are you going on about? :rofl:

He actually often talks about Britney's charting and HE didn't even bring her up this time. Me and ghettogoth did.

:lmao:

Sorry but he/she highlighted britney's name from the post. It is tiresome and I am pretty sure I am not the only one tired of the relentless Britney posts. There is a Britney forum.

XTina's rise was not as successful/remember-able as Britney's though.

Americano

Katy Perry with Lady Gaga.

Edited by Americano

I really enjoy some songs from Pink Friday like Girls Fall Like Dominos, Super Bass, and Moment 4 Life. They're cohesive, rap/pop, but not overbearing. Somewhere in the making of PF:RR, something went absolutely haywire lol.

Same here, tbh, Pink Friday will probably end up being her best album. She just got way too big headed and too wrapped up in trying to keep up with Rihanna and Katy Perry. She's pathetic imo.

Americano

Same here, tbh, Pink Friday will probably end up being her best album. She just got way too big headed and too wrapped up in trying to keep up with Rihanna and Katy Perry. She's pathetic imo.

yup.

Oyemiamor

Well when I was watching it was. They pit Xtina up against Britney like they were prized fighters just like Nsync and Backstreet boys. At that point and time no one could say one was more successful.

And this is a chart thread, where multiple artists are constantly discussed.

And that is fine, but posting videos that are irrelevant and talking about old ass albums that aren't on the charts is not relevant. You know it, I know it. From now on, we don't need to go into 3 pages of Britney talk on this forum. It belongs in the Britney thread. Clearly.

Ozzy8923

Look, this is a Gaga forum. It is fine to talk about Britney but it is like someone here says oh, I like this band and you are like oh Britney does this this and this. You seem so one dimensional. Expand your horizons and talk about something else. Next time you go off topic about Britney I am reporting you. You have already been warned.

OK. Well, let's talk about Gaga's next era.

I predict the following:

- Very successful lead single to be released in late 2012 or early-mid 2013 depending when the tour ends. I prefer mid-2013 because that way she has proper time to promote the single, even though she can tour and promote at the same time of course.

- Album release 2-3 months after the lead single release. Gaga has a HUGE fan base so she really doesn't need to rely heavily on releasing her album during the late year when album sales are higher.

- She MUST take her time. I am more than willing to wait another year if that means we get a spectacular album.

- Tour 6-7 months after album release. I don't think she should spend nearly 1 year planning a tour like she did with BTW.

- 3 more singles released after the lead single, maybe 4. An album shouldn't have more than 4-5 singles released, imo.

- The singles obviously must be the highlights of the album.

- Videos that have great choreography and PROFESSIONAL direction.

As far as genre goes, I hope Gaga can expand her boundaries beyond only dance-pop as she has already done so in BTW and should continue down that road.

:lol: Do you feel better now?

Americano

Actually, for your information, I talked about Britney's old work still selling, therefore contributing to her showing on the Forbes chart.

The moderators can handle it just fine, no one needs to be SCOLDED for what they post in here. That's absolutely absurd. We're not in middle school.

Adam does a wonderful job of making sure we're on topic, and replying to us when we are not.

catfight.gif

Edited by Americano

Katy Perry with Lady Gaga.

Kinda sad for Katy, but not really. :hor: It's like Katy was almost the "it" girl, then Gaga came and demolished her it girl status, so poor Katy had to wait until mid-2010 when Gaga was about to be on break to build up some success.

Agreed. She bought into her own hype and jumped on the Gaga trends to an extreme. I can't take anything she does seriously.