• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• Valentino

• boysboysboys

• Ozzy8923

Rihanna - besides WFL, TTT era total mess.

Katy - releases an EP with 3 songs; the lead-single goes #1 then no news about her.

Nicki - releseas 2 promo singles - one gets a video that's disliked and the other one gets the video after the album release; the lead-single doesn't have a music video, and no words from her; she deletes her twitter and fight with NickiDaily. (I'd call her the most succesful of this mentioned here, just because she just started the era and it's doing pretty well).

Madonna - releases new album; lead-singles underperform WW but the album smash in US. The tour also smash.

What's happening? :)

:clap: She needed a break before releasing WFL. Maybe if she took the break at the right time, things would have been better now. Someone needs to help and take care of her.

MDNA flopped, only the concert bundle inflated first week sales :toofunny:

MDNA did not smash :fat:

It reached #1 in the US. It smashed, even if an album needs to sell more than 5 mil WW to smash, imo.

I don't get why Rumour Has It is all over the radio, doesn't even have a video

Just like SFTTR.

It reached #1 in the US. It smashed, even if an album needs to sell more than 5 mil WW to smash, imo.

Just like SFTTR.

It's still about 100k from gold. U1V09.gif

That's like saying Femme Fatale smashed U1V09.gif

Edited by Butters

It's still about 100k from gold. U1V09.gif

That's like saying Femme Fatale smashed U1V09.gif

Smashing it's a subject that people have different opinions. I mean, look at Katy Perry or Rihanna - both had smash hits, but not everyone can remember ALL of them. My opinion is that an album needs to sell more than 5 mil WW (in its first 1-2 years) to be a smash album. But since MDNA reached #1 in US, some people may call it as a smash.

Anyway, I made that post only to reflect what's happening with the big singers these days. Something's happening, if they won't make the good decisions, they may end.

I don't get why Rumour Has It is all over the radio, doesn't even have a video

Neither did SFTTR. Either she feels she no longer needs music videos or she ran out of new places to sit. :omfgaga:

Neither did SFTTR. Either she feels she no longer needs music videos or she ran out of new places to sit. :omfgaga:

:dies: :rofl:

Before dismissing Part of Me, just remember it went #1 US and UK, and its chart placement after 9-10 weeks is about the same as BTW last year.

Edited by craig

saltface

Before dismissing Part of Me, just remember it went #1 US and UK, and its chart placement after 9 weeks is about the same as BTW last year.

Born This Way was only in the top 10 for 9 weeks wasn't it?

Before dismissing Part of Me, just remember it went #1 US and UK, and its chart placement after 9-10 weeks is about the same as BTW last year.

Except BTW was #1 for 6 weeks in a row. :Gaga:

Weirdly, I like Part of Me and Rumour Has It way more than both artists' 2 previous singles.

I only get tired of musical formulas and genres, not artists.

Edited by craig

Americano

PoM isn't doing nearly as well digitally as people would have thought. Esp compared to her past singles.