💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 2)

Americano

Featured Posts

I don't care to watch the video or find other performances where she lip synced. Since you are the fan, i'll just take your word on it. :shrug:

thank you. lol

not trying to be rude or anything, but like I wouldn't talk about Prince or someone for example because I don't know much about him.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• Valentino

• boysboysboys

• Ozzy8923

Express Yourself

Did I say it was a bad thing? It's not.

But fyi, Gaga is more of an entire package. She pens her own songs, sings them live, has the shock value and can play instruments.

So does Madonna?

Are you seriously challenging Gaga's quality over Madonna's?

Yeah.

Edited by Express Yourself

Are you seriously challenging Gaga's quality over Madonna's?

As a performer? hell yeah. lol at least at this point. She's never done something on the tier of the Blond Ambition tour. EVER. She will grow. Lol I have a feeling you haven't watched it though.

Edited by zizka

boysboysboys

It's really hard to imo. She's not the strongest singer but in terms of pure pop art performance with themes and plots she's literally second to none. There was no one before her who put a "plot" to their show. or themes. Watch the religious segment of Blond Ambition for example. Just high brow art plain and simple.

Not trying to be rude or presumptuous but I feel like neither of you have seen much of her.

A lot of musicians have done storyline performances before Madonna.

And yes, I have seen the Confessions and the Sticky and Sweet tours.

Married the Night

Ray of Light sold around 20million, I think they cared....

Do we need to dig up albums that have sold millions that nobody will remember in 20 years? There are tons. I mean, Meatloaf has an album that sold over 43 million copies. He was fired on the Apprentice in 2011. But who knows his music now? The Backstreet Boys sold over 30 million copies of Millennium. So the numbers really don't mean much. They are forgotten. Thanks for trying though. Lets get back to the only thing she has smashed with during the past 10 years...the $400 per ticket tour.

Edited by Married the Night

Express Yourself

Do we need to dig up albums that have sold millions that nobody will remember in 20 years? There are tons. I mean, Meatloaf has an album that sold over 43 million copies. He was fired on the Apprentice. But who knows his music now? The Backstreet Boys sold over 30 million copies of Millennium. So the numbers really don't mean much. Thanks for trying though. Lets get back to the only thing she has smashed with during the past 10 years...the $400 per ticket tour.

I've seen a lot of non fans talk about the ray of light era?

And yes, I have seen the Confessions and the Sticky and Sweet tours.

oh, good. Well Blond Ambition is on your docket list madam. it's her peak.

Valentino

The bottom line is, Madonna (not unlike Cher) is a nostalgia act right now. She's no longer as relevant as she one was...

Married the Night

I've seen a lot of non fans talk about the ray of light era?

Really? Where they by chance in the Madonna thread? Where else would you see people talking other than some kind of fan forum? People like us aren't the general pubilc. We are a step above that. Take a poll the next time you are in a mall or grocery story. Just make sure you slip a copy of BTW and MNDA in their buggies. Madonna will not be synonymous with Ray of Like. More like Like a Prayer and Like a Virgin.

Married the Night

The bottom line is, Madonna (not unlike Cher) is a nostalgia act right now. She's no longer as relevant as she one was...

Why is this so hard to see? Is it because the rose colored glasses?!

boysboysboys

oh, good. Well Blond Ambition is on your docket list madam. it's her peak.

Natch.

Anyway, imagine the damage that will concur if her tour truly outheadlines the BTWBall. The Express Yourself bull**** will look like small fry.

Married the Night

Of course not. lol She's not at her peak.

That is what we are saying.

Express Yourself

Really? Where they by chance in the Madonna thread? Where else would you see people talking other than some kind of fan forum? People like us aren't the general pubilc. We are a step above that. Take a poll the next time you are in a mall or grocery story. Just make sure you slip a copy of BTW and MNDA in their buggies. Madonna will not be synonymous with Ray of Like. More like Like a Prayer and Like a Virgin.

One of my teachers was talking about it? It's known as her best album. How do you know that the general public doesn't remember Ray of Light?

Natch.

Good, then we won't talk about these things. lol

Anyway, imagine the damage that will concur if her tour truly outheadlines the BTWBall. The Express Yourself bull**** will look like small fry.

outheadlines? what do you mean? it'll gross more obviously but I don't think anyone will be surprised. I'm more excited to see how Gaga handles the myriad of Madonna questions flying her way next era. She kind of has two choices.

That is what we are saying.

oh no one has to tell me that. She's not at her peak, she's in her 50s. lol But that doesn't mean that all her fans are only here for her '80s material. I mean I'm not. :)

Edited by zizka