💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 2)

Americano

Featured Posts

Married the Night

You call the Superbowl performance "one hell of a show"?

It's because of the nostalgia, period. She shouldn't be challenging other artists hanging on to that.

I agree. Notice how Madonna fans are all latching on how amazing her tours are now that her album has flopped. This was a different debate 3 months ago. But I agree, people want to hear the 80's hits. It's a nostalgia thing. When people think of Madonna, they don't think about her moves or her voice, they think of when she was at her peak in the 80's. Not what she is now. That is what people want to see when they pay to see her. I know I would if I spent $35.00 on one of her tickets.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• Valentino

• boysboysboys

• Ozzy8923

Valentino

It's like with Britney. Her tours do really well too (don't they? :sweat:), but have you seen her Femme Fatale tour? It has to be the nostalgia, cuz it ain't the show. :sweat:

I agree. Notice how Madonna fans are all latching on how amazing her tours are now that her album has flopped. This was a different debate 3 months ago. But I agree, people want to hear the 80's hits. It's a nostalgia thing. When people think of Madonna, they don't think about her moves or her voice, they think of when she was at her peak in the 80's. Not what she is now. That is what people want to see when they pay to see her. I know I would if I spent $35.00 on one of her tickets.

That's not true. She has a reputation as a strong performer and that's why she pulls the crowds she does. You'll have your '80s fans, '90s fans, 00s fans, casuals and hardcore fans. If people were concerned with nostalgia, Janet would be selling out larger venues than school auditoriums nowadays. lmao since she had comparable 80s success. And wouldn't you think the "nostalgia" factor of '80s Madonna would wear off come the Blond Ambition tour, the Girlie Show, the Drowned World Tour, the Reinvention Tour, Confessions Tour, Sticky and Sweet Tour and now MDNA tour? lol that's 7 tours.

It seems like you're trying to pigeonhole M as an 80s act and lmao that's just not the case. In fact I think her peak was Ray of Light.

Edited by zizka

Express Yourself

You call the Superbowl performance "one hell of a show"?

It's because of the nostalgia, period. She shouldn't be challenging other artists hanging on to that.

Drowned World? Reinvention? Confessions? Sticky & Sweet? Have you even seen any of those concerts?

Nobody said anything about the superbowl.

Married the Night

That's not true. She has a reputation as a strong performer and that's why she pulls the crowds she does. You'll have your '80s fans, '90s fans, 00s fans, casuals and hardcore fans. If people were concerned with nostalgia, Janet would be selling out larger venues than school auditoriums nowadays. lmao since she had comparable 80s success. And wouldn't you think the "nostalgia" factor of '80s Madonna would wear off come the Blond Ambition tour, the Girlie Show, the Drowned World Tour, the Reinvention Tour, Confessions Tour, Sticky and Sweet Tour and now MDNA tour? lol that's 7 tours.

I have never known Madonna to be known for her strong performances. If anything, it's shock value and cheesy pop songs. Also, there is quite a bit of lip syncing involved. But if you say so, i'll take your word on it...

Edited by Married the Night

boysboysboys

It seems like you're trying to pigeonhole M as an 80s act and lmao that's just not the case. In fact I think her peak was Ray of Light.

She latches to other acts well and she puts on a good show, but her talent as a performer is actually debatable.

Madonna stans insisting all of this sold-out business is involuntary :rollsweat:

I have never known Madonna to be known for her strong performances. If anything, it's shock value and cheesy pop songs. Also, there is quite a bit of lip syncing involved. But if you say so, i'll take your word on it...

oh my god honey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Jw-nNicFY

She like...rarely lip syncs either. lol Besides the SB, I think the last time wassss 2004? yes. And she was doing backflips there too.

Married the Night

The general public doesn't care about Ray of Light or any of her newer stuff. Madonna is defined my her beginnings. When normal people think of Madonna, it's the early days that pop in their heads. You can't see that obviously because you are a fan and you have your own vision of Madonna's career.

Express Yourself

Then why do you like gaga?

Married the Night

oh my god honey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Jw-nNicFY

She like...rarely lip syncs either. lol Besides the SB, I think the last time wassss 2004? yes. And she was doing backflips there too.

I don't care to watch the video or find other performances where she lip synced. Since you are the fan, i'll just take your word on it. :shrug:

Express Yourself

The general public doesn't care about Ray of Light or any of her newer stuff. Madonna is defined my her beginnings. When normal people think of Madonna, it's the early days that pop in their heads. You can't see that obviously because you are a fan and you have your own vision of Madonna's career.

Ray of Light sold around 20million, I think they cared....

Married the Night

Did I say it was a bad thing? It's not.

But fyi, Gaga is more of an entire package. She pens her own songs, sings them live, has the shock value and can play instruments.

boysboysboys

Anyway, I don't think any of you would say this if Gaga's marketing is much stronger right now.

I still blame Interscope and Jimmy Iovine for all of this.

but her talent as a performer is actually debatable.

It's really hard to imo. She's not the strongest singer but in terms of pure pop art performance with themes and plots she's literally second to none. There was no one before her who put a "plot" to their show. or themes. Watch the religious segment of Blond Ambition for example. Just high brow art plain and simple. this is "Oh Father" from it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ngb-_3xss

Not trying to be rude or presumptuous but I feel like neither of you have seen much of her.

Edited by zizka

boysboysboys

Are you seriously challenging Gaga's quality over Madonna's?