šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

news

Orlan loses lawsuit

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

BLACKOUTbritney
10 minutes ago, Coop said:

Orlan had requestedĀ $31.7 million fromĀ the singer, a figure which represented 7.5 percent of the profits generated by the album, which soldĀ 2.3 millionĀ copies.

Ā 

:what::what::what::what::what::what:

In the US aloneĀ 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThisGuyTony

Poor thing thought she could make a quick buck. Can she even afford to pay $22,000? šŸ‘€

venusfly
16 minutes ago, Coop said:

Orlan had requestedĀ $31.7 million fromĀ the singer, a figure which represented 7.5 percent of the profits generated by the album, which soldĀ 2.3 millionĀ copies.

Ā 

:what::what::what::what::what::what:

2,300,000 US, 6,000,000+ WW

ryanripley
14 minutes ago, LG said:

2,300,000 US, 6,000,000+ WW

bye this woman could feed the world :omg:Ā 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

weed

Yas Queen! A little bonus check in the mail for Gaga

why only $22,000? Or how did that number come aboutĀ 

RAMROD

This greedy person had it coming.

tumblr_mzucauvoa11ru72puo1_r1_400.gif

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ ššššŠšš—ššŒšš’šš—šš šš’šš— šššš‘ššŽ ššœšš‘ššŠšššš˜šš  šš˜šš šššš‘ššŽ šš—šš’-šš’-šš’-šš’šššš‘šš...! (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

SilkSpectre0
29 minutes ago, neptugne said:

I'm guessing legal fees or the court fee maybe ?

venusfly
29 minutes ago, neptugne said:

It's legal fees. Orlan will have to pay gaga back her money she had to spend fighting the case

Didymus

I mean, I instantly thought of her when I saw the BTW single cover and the rest of the imagery (and imo it's simply impossible that Gaga wasn't inspired by her since Orlan is literally world famous in the art world for modifying her face the way she has), but these cases are so extreme. You're gonna demand money, seriously? There are other ways to defend your authenticity as an artist. In fact, this just serves to underscore the fact that you don't seem to have any.

Btw, the lawsuit was about the combo of the face and this:

YHHWyPs.jpg

I only found out about this piece of Orlan later (it's from a movie), and it's interesting, since the hairstyle is obviously different but also similar on the sides (and there's of course the black and white element in the hair also), and we all know Gaga played with decapitated heads (with facial modulation) throughout the era.

The combo of the face modulation (which simply has to be inspired by Orlan) and this particular idea of decapitated heads makes me think Gaga was definitely inspired, but imo the way she did it was different enough from Orlan's work (and its meaning) to qualify as simply being inspired. If Orlan really cared about having an artistic dialogue, she would have engaged in communication with Gaga, possibly in public, about similarities she saw, and what they mean for her.

But this response was just cheap, and I'm glad she's not getting her way (so far).

Archived