Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga was SHOOK by miley

Nono

Featured Posts

gagafan2017

I wish she had been shook. Gaga had no fight in her that era....she didn't care about anything. Shook would be her giving a damn and doing things like getting on a plane and actually promoting applause outside America and actually releasing provocative videos rather than chickening out. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

Miley was actually quite clever when she addressed her "shocking" VMA performance. She poignantly reminded everyone that Gaga was a lot more naked than she was and no one cared about her entire ass hanging out during the entire event, while she was being slammed as oversexual and as an attention wh-re.

The is a difference between this

giphy.gif

And this

giphy.gif

both are entertaining for different reasons. But I still love Miley. ❤️

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

The Child
23 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Gaga wasn't shook by her at all. Nor was anyone. She was laughed at for being a mess. While her album was actually quite decent, most people only bought into it for sheer kitsch value. It just had 2 big hits, it didn't sell overly well as an album and the tour made less than the artRave. She just held the public's attention for 2 big singles, that's all. Her latest stunt at the VMAs didn't help her relevancy one iota despite raunchy outfits, a song about smoking pot, having drag queen back up dancers and uncensored swearing. No one except her biggest fans and a few people on pop forums were interested in Dead Petz despite all the controversy that I just mentioned. Even the videos for her singles didn't get many views despite all those people who watched her Bangerz videos. It goes to show that you can really only pull the controversy card once and then people get bored.

I didn't like Gaga exposing herself either but at least she wasn't rubbing up on a 35-year-old married father. People put down Robin Thicke for this as much as Miley, putting the whole slut shaming notion to rest. See, men can be criticised for sexual expression too and be judged more harshly for being sexual after they get married and become parents!

You find Miley's performance to be well prepared? It was messy as hell. She couldn't dance and was totally cringey and the last minute was just her wandering about, randomly twerking and shoving a foam finger between her legs. What's so well prepared about that? It looked like it had been thrown together on the day. And for the record, she was going to be more exposed than Gaga was. She admitted in a later interview that she'd originally asked if she could perform in transparent latex, showing everything but MTV said they couldn't have nudity so she asked: "Ok, what about nude latex?" So, yeah, she was only more covered up due to basic decency laws. She wanted to go further, making her original intention much worse than Gaga's.

She even asked Britney if she thought MTV would accept her being topless.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Himeros26
43 minutes ago, Didymus said:

What was performance art about her entirely exposed ass being up in people's faces even after her performance? :shrug:

And don't give me that ratings argument. You can too easily apply the same logic to Gaga's stunts. I enjoyed Miley's performance because it was well prepared, performed, and it had great entertainment value. She never pretended it was performance art.

Well performed? 

Gaga actually had a message and meaning with the VMA performance. She portrayed a body of art. But people like to oversexualize EVERYTHING. It's the same reason as to why women can't have their nipples out in public. Gaga's ass isn't a sexual reproductive organ. So sit down with trying to say Gaga was just shaking her ass. Miley just wanted to appropriate black culture. Take several seats please and thank you!

AddMeOnMYSPACE

I forgot about Bangerz :toofunny:

I actually like her hippy stuff, it suits her well :spin:

Mikey Monster

The difference between Gaga's performance and Miley's is that Gaga's was artistic and had effort. No hate I like Miley she's really talented but I doubt she could change into 5 outfits under 4 minutes while dancing intensely and look as flawless as Gaga did. Sure Miley got more attention but like some of u all said it didn't last long cuz there was no artistic intention behind it really. Miley overshadowed Gaga that night but not for threatening reasons. Once again no hate love u all! ❤️:hug:

Mikey McCampbell

gagaisitalian
2 hours ago, Nono said:

Lol, bravo for you sitting on your chair and reporting every little thing like a lil pressed pu@sy :flop:

First thing I've ever reported, and now I'm reporting this comment :)

58 minutes ago, LDR said:

First thing I've ever reported, and now I'm reporting this comment :)

Great for you sis :-))))))))))))))))

gagaisitalian
4 hours ago, Nono said:

Great for you sis :-))))))))))))))))

Thank you :)

Lord Temptation

Funny how the VMAs have been getting sh*ttier ever since.

Killa

I also likes We can't stop a lot. She sure got all the juice she could from that era. I think an applause is deserved

:applause: I didn't liked that VMA performance, at all. Nor will i ever get what's so fascinating about it.

FrankGutz

that Miley performance was so cringe & tragic, she seems trying so hard, her vocals were a ****ing mess

She only got that much exposure cuz she had her good girl gone bad era, her 2 singles 'We cant Stop" & "WB" were huge, but besides that she was always being a trashy mess, i really dont know how can someone stan that messy tragic girl

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

shane_c

Gaga should have did the vomit art performance she did at SXSW at the VMAs that year and she would have been the story not MIley.

FrankGutz
22 hours ago, Nono said:

Dead petz was a messy demo-ish flop that was free because she and her managment knew nobody was going to buy it anyway( somebody gotta say the truth sis) :awkney:

right now she is pretty done, and lowkey, but I dont underestimate her. She could explode and make an statement again and I agree shes pretty smart.

Dead Petz is the only interestng/good thing of her career :tea:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Archived