Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Rate AHS: Hotel's actors performance/acting

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bebe
2 hours ago, Evan Peters said:

The Countess

Honestly the whole "The countess was supposed to be stone faced and lack emotion" excuse is getting pretty old now. While I don't think Gaga was the worst actor on the show (I can't really say any of them were terrible), there was still a lack of depth within her acting as a whole. I believe that she did her best at creating the Countess, but the countess grew mundane after a while. Like, everything she did was predictable. Fall in love, turn them, heartbreak, marry for money, steal the money, fall in love, etc, etc. You could argue that her character was just obsessive and clingy and needed to be in control, but there was no variation to it. I'm not going to sit here and say Gaga can't act or that she didn't do a good job on her first real role, but to say she was the best is beyond delusional. 

I'm not attacking you, I'm just curious, are you attributing all those faults in The Countess to Gaga's acting?

The bulk of your critique is:
"I believe that she did her best at creating the Countess, but the countess grew mundane after a while. Like, everything she did was predictable. Fall in love, turn them, heartbreak, marry for money, steal the money, fall in love, etc, etc. You could argue that her character was just obsessive and clingy and needed to be in control, but there was no variation to it."

But surely it's the fault of the writers that the storyline of The Countess became mundane and predictable. Gaga didn't write the show she was given a script with a storyline that she had to follow. She didn't choose to have her character fall in love, turn them, get heartbroken, marry for money, steal the money and so on. She just got the script and played the character she was given. When you say there was no variation in her character's motivations, that's the fault of the writers not the performer.

I mean, I put Gaga further down on my list, close to where you put her because I found that the writers gave her an awful storyline that lead to hardly any character development. In turn that lead to, what I found to be, a pretty one dimensional character that was easier to play than a more complex character with multiple facets, different motivations and an interesting and varied storyline.

It just seemed that your argument is that Gaga was a worse actor because her storyline was awful, and that doesn't seem to be a fair critique :laughga:

1. Denis O'Hare

2. Sarah Paulson

3. Matt Bomer

4. Mare Winninghan

5. Kathy Bates

6. Angela Bassett 

7. Evan Peters

8. Lady Gaga

9. Wes Bentley 

10. Finn Wittrock 

11. Chloe Sevigny 

12. Cheyenne Jackson (:wtf:)