Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Burning Down The House = Metaphor for Gaga/Taylor Split?

Robo Ga

Featured Posts

Robo Ga

I think the reason she has been obsessed with performing this song... it's a metaphor for the end of the Gaga and Taylor's relationship. Just examine the lyrics:

Hold tight
Wait 'til the party's over
Hold tight
We're in for nasty weather
There has got to be a way
Burning down the house

Burning down the house = aka destroying everything they've built together.  & starting over again, with nothing. It's simultaneously heartbreaking and hopeful... almost as if Gaga knows she has to let the relationship die in order to begin a new chapter in her life. 

Here's your ticket pack your bags
Time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far,
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire

What do you guys think? Is this a reach? 

🤖⚡️

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love is like a brick you can build a house or sink a dead body :madge:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

weed

Since I haven't seen this around in a while, "my fans think everything is cryptic"

idk why I put friend instead of fans 

Robo Ga
2 minutes ago, Eohl said:

66022677.jpg

Oh come on, it's relevant. If you don't wanna discuss it then go to a different thread. A lot of people here were wondering why the hell she's been performing it so much, including me.

🤖⚡️

LUO YI

It's a possibility :/ maybe she was trying to relax and forget in her vacation in Mexico. 

The night sky tells all

Peroxide
Just now, Robo Ga said:

Oh come on, it's relevant. If you don't wanna discuss it then go to a different thread. A lot of people here were wondering why the hell she's been performing it so much, including me.

Okie dokie

W5pEyMV.jpg

Slayer

Or it's just a song she likes. :stalkga:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

That would mean they aren't together since before the Met Gala which I don't think is true

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Kermit

:excuseu: I'm ready for LG5's b-side being studio covers of classics. (Fashion by Bowie, I Wish by Stevie, Burning Down The House by TH,)

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Kermit
1 minute ago, Red said:

That would mean they aren't together since before the Met Gala which I don't think is true

:excuseu:They seem like they've been having problems for a while...

:duck: I know a few relationships, where one of them thought it'd repair the love if they were to get married (which confuses the hell out of me).

:wtf:We'll never truly know what lies behind closed doors.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Robo Ga
9 minutes ago, etron said:

Or it's just a song she likes. :stalkga:

I think you're underestimating the amount of thought she puts behind lyrics she performs... like she even said for the national anthem performance she was focusing on the meaning behind the lyrics. 

🤖⚡️

Archived