• I want LG5 to be a surprise
    • I want the lead single to be a surprise
    • I want Gaga to announce it a few days in advance
    • I want Gaga to announce it a few weeks/months in advance
    • I don't care
    • LG5 is a lie

Featured Posts

Andrew Warhola

Surprise releases are the best releases.

giphy.gif

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

6 minutes ago, PaperIz said:

Yas gawd lol. At least britney came through for us :neyde: I'm listening to it now too haha. It's been on repeat while I've been at work to rack up dem streams 

I've gotten into Selena's Revival singles too since make me came out, its kind of got me in the chilled mood

Brian Ryan

I don't care if it comes out this year or next year or 2018. ARTPOP is still my jam.

PaperIz
36 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

I've gotten into Selena's Revival singles too since make me came out, its kind of got me in the chilled mood

Yasss slaylena is great :flutter: 

HauntingHollow

there is higher chanse of my 70 year old grandma having a menstruation than LG5 being released, so :neyde:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

RAMROD

Hmmm, ya.

Not the "I'm pregnant!" surprise nor "I'm marrying on Sunday, goodbye career!" surprise but "Here's new music, eat it!" surprise :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

zakariah
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

Honestly, she needs to pull an Adele with this release and forget iTunes/Spotify for a few hours. Make a video and release the song with the video on Youtube FIRST.

This could be interesting too, I can't wait to see what Bobby has up his sleeves :rockstar:

ItsTommyBitch

At this point, i don't want a "lead single", I want this to be an album focused campaign where the singles arent just the most marketable tracks off of the record that are supposed to sell the album. That tends to leave us with tracks that dont fit on the record as much as the rest of the album tracks, or just a general sense of lack of cohesiveness. I think releasing specific songs to promote the album is fine, but they should really promote the album; if the marketing pitch is "buy this to hear more!" then I think people are left confused or disappointed if the rest of the album is nothing like the lead single :shrug: 

It's possible to have a lead single or singles that DO represent the album in a very summative way; touches the core of the record, tells the story if there is a clear one to tell, is sonically representative, etc. I want either that or the whole album all at once; I want this record to be about something and not a compilation of decent-good or even great tracks with no theme like most pop releases this year :smh: Looking at you Thank You and 7/27 :wtf:  

About the surprise factor, We've been hyped so long that I feel like there'd be no additional effect of announcing a specific release date or close time frame. I feel like we've been hyped and waiting long enough that it feels kind of like it could just come any day now, ya know what I mean? I guess that means I'm technically here for a surprise release, but id be okay with w.e tbh. Regardless, im exciting to discuss the album on here for months as I promote the album on social media and in public to my friends, family, and to total strangers just like I did with EMOTION :gaycat: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Werk

I want her to like announce it 1 day before the release. But otherwise it doesn't matter that much to me

Justin Drew Bieber

I want her to announce the lead 1 day before release 

ToxicHot

I would have loved to have an announcement in advance, but honestly I feel like we've waited long enough for album info at this point. I expected a single or at least album details to follow her hype in the general public earlier this year (SuperBowl, Grammys, Oscars), though as we begin to near fall and speculation regarding the project continues to rise, I think I'd much rather be given a surprise release. After all, she's kept quiet about the whole thing for this long, she might as well keep it up and really give it to us when we least expect it (generally speaking). You can see that she learned from her previous mistake, which was hyping up ARTPOP too much before the era had actually commenced. Besides, a surprise release might also spark more interest in the GP (bigger headlines, better promo, etc.). 

I think it would be cool if the single is released as a surprise first, followed by the album dropping days later (if not the same day :stalkga:).

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Archived