Spyro

Featured Posts

Bebe
21 minutes ago, T E A said:

oh, please. it's gagadaily. 

i don't know what the **** i have to do with katy perry. — gagz @ sxsw

in this case: i = my fansite dedicated to me

Yeah, and it still is Gagadaily? :shrug:

Literally nothing about the site has changed. That quote is also completely out of context, she was talking about how people shouldn't compare her with Katy and pit them against each other. Surely these banners discourage exactly that sort of competition and comparison? It's not about Katy vs Gaga - it's creating an environment that discourages flamebait and discourages pitting these women against each other.

Like it or not, this site is currently talking about Katy and Britney's respective new single... That's the hot topic right now in the community. When you click the banners they take you to the main respective threads talking about these topics.

The banners reflect what is currently a hot topic within our community. Katy and Britney's single is what the community is currently discussing at length. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
52 minutes ago, Brooke Candy said:

You mods (and that fake b*tch) can say whatever the f*ck you want about this issue, but one thing is certain: this is a huge STAB in the back of this community who STAN for Gaga and have been active for a VERY long time and ALWAYS support her no matter WHAT. 

But i'm really glad that Gaga has been ignoring this place since 2013 as she should. 

I think it's a huge stab in the back of the community for members to admit to want to discuss the hell out of Katy's and Britney's new single but oppose this. Gaga has been (almost) consistent about how we should support other female artists specifically, and be respectful to other fanbases, so we could lead as the best example for others :shrug: That's always what I thought was so great about this fanbase. Theoretically lol.

And, in actual fact, Gaga has been ignoring this place because it was filled with chart riddled nonsense, and not with valuable discussion about art, as Emma clarified. The only way that can relate to this discussion is that she'd probably leave again if she saw this ****. It's just a news related banner, the forum is still called Gaga Daily, all sections are still illustrated with Gaga pictures, the News section of the website is still filled with exclusively Gaga related content, it's really no ****ing big deal.

Sizzily

Not some whiny people complaining about a f*ckin banner. If it bothers you you so much that you consider leaving, then just do it already.

One Banned Boi

JaneTheC

When i entered GGD, the first thing i saw was kety and Rise

200.gif

I had a panic attack

200.gif

I dont think GGD is safe for me anymore:poot:

crisTEAne
4 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Yeah, and it still is Gagadaily? :shrug:

Literally nothing about the site has changed. 

sure. 

so can i make that adblock thread to satisfy the dissatisfied and make sure that they really do feel that literally nothing has changed? also, you'd pin that thread, right? after all, it would reflect the community's (the majority of whom would rather be permabanned than wait for LG5) wishes.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Bebe
22 minutes ago, T E A said:

sure. 

so can i make that adblock thread to satisfy the dissatisfied and make sure that they really do feel that literally nothing has changed? also, you'd pin that thread, right? after all, it would reflect the community's (the majority of whom would rather be permabanned than wait for LG5) wishes.

You can bring it up in the support section if you want, there you can have the opinion of other moderators, but I would probably lock the thread tbh. I think a thread like that would be immature and go against the spirit of the community that I, personally, would like to contribute to building. If you want to keep making this about Gaga vs Katy, then that's your prerogative.  

I think this thread has become a place where people are expressing their grievances, so I don't see a point in you creating another thread for the purpose of blowing such a small issue out of proportion. I can only see that thread being divisive. I can't stop you from using adblock :shrug: but such a thread would be unhelpful, divisive and unneeded. The few that have huge grievances with the banners are expressing that here.

I don't really understand the issue with Admin creating banners that reflect the current hot topics of the community. I can understand it seeming a little strange at first (when I refreshed the site and saw the Orlando banner change to Katy Perry it took me by surprise and made me chuckle a little). But I think that it's been blown completely out of proportion. I think it's nice that Admin is avoiding and trying to squash the sort of negative and competitive aspects of our community that often seep into these stan sites.  This site doesn't need to be other artists vs Gaga. If the hot topic of the week in our community is the release of these singles then the banners can reflect that! :)

Dominic

Why are people getting so dramatic over a banner? "It's not GGD anymore. It's ruined". Honestly if one small graphic can change your entire outlook on this forum then you need to widen your perspective.

I think people are just complaining for the sake of it or because this is the first time it's occurred and it features Katy. 

I like it, it's useful to see what the discussion points are or what latest single is making a big impact.  I hope it continues. Only an insecure user would feel threatened or territorial over a graphic. It's hardly worth arguing over :what:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Why are people getting so dramatic over a banner? "It's not GGD anymore. It's ruined". Honestly if one small graphic can change your entire outlook on this forum then you need to widen your perspective.

I think people are just complaining for the sake of it or because this is the first time it's occurred and it features Katy. 

I like it, it's useful to see what the discussion points are or what latest single is making a big impact.  I hope it continues. Only an insecure user would feel threatened or territorial over a graphic. It's hardly worth arguing over :what:

Starving for new music can cause explosive mood.

tumblr_nnxqp1sWPk1uui3u8o1_500.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Dominic
Just now, RAMROD said:

Starving for new music can cause explosive mood.

tumblr_nnxqp1sWPk1uui3u8o1_500.gif

For just £2 a month you can help Gagadaily users get access to clean water and fresh music. Sponsor a Gagadaily member today  :diane:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Haroon

After reading this thread and the comments I'm not against it as I initially was :huh: it's just peculiar to see people other than Gaga being promoted at the top :emma: The name is the same and the sections are the same and the logo is the name and everything, a banner isn't a big deal really :shrug: l just hope that this isn't a small step in the direction of a general pop forum :udidnt: I mean I wouldn't leave if it was, but it would be extremely sad for many :noparty: 

ryanripley
3 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

this :worship2: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived