Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Lady Gaga, the fake phenomenon?

SamJ

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Beyonce using his disputes with her husband to promote Lemonade and the tour. Everyone was talking about who's Becky and not actually how good or bad the album was. Also the rumours about her not writing anything and how she's stolen some concepts for videos.

Taylor Swift always talking about her ex boyfriends, creating drama, selling her relationships through music, and now that mess with Calvin.

Rihanna being beaten by Chris, one of the worst things that's happened on the music bussiness in this century, and then she made a couple of songs with him, that was such a good promo.

Katy not saying anything to support Kesha while evryone else has done it. We're still waiting if her next album will be produced by Dr Luke

while Gaga's biggest scandals were a fire bra, a meat dress and a supposed penis. 

Really is she the most fake? 

She contradicts everything she says. The biggest one was that Gaga was just a character when she repeatedly said before that Gaga is her, her is Gaga.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KURUSHITOVSKA
2 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

She contradicts everything she says. The biggest one was that Gaga was just a character when she repeatedly said before that Gaga is her, her is Gaga.

I don't think she meant Gaga was a character but that they all want to know Stefani and that Stefani is just as Gaga and Gaga is just a way she finds to express herself with confidence

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

monsterdino
6 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Rihanna being beaten by Chris, one of the worst things that's happened on the music bussiness in this century, and then she made a couple of songs with him, that was such a good promo..

Now hold down there, you do know that she came back in relationship with him right? That's why she did the songs and one of them being "Nobody's Business". Many women in this world get beaten up by their boyfriend/husband but they stay with them because the love them unconditionally. Plus Rihanna's music always gets a good promo regardless.

KURUSHITOVSKA
2 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Now hold down there, you do know that she came back in relationship with him right? That's why she did the songs and one of them being "Nobody's Business". Many women in this world get beaten up by their boyfriend/husband but they stay with them because the love them unconditionally. Plus Rihanna's music always gets a good promo regardless.

It was an example, not bashing her because it's none of my bussiness and I hate talking about abused women. And anyway, you don't make drama everywhere because your boyfriend has beaten you up and then get back with him. That was just a marketing move, like using a lookalike model on We Found Love. She is in Sony.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Fusel

I think the statement "the industry needs Gaga" used to be true but isn't anymore. I can't see a demand for new "icons" atm

Slayer

Nice post. I'm hesitant to call Lady Gaga a persona during her peak years, though. I think, during The Fame, she definitely put on an act, but after that we got to see her real personality shine. Yes, there was a lot of clever media manipulation on her part, but I don't think 'Lady Gaga' was fake or a lie.    

I agree that she has the power to wrap the industry around her finger again. However it will have to be her music, not the outfits, that gets people interested this time around. I imagine she's focused on making amazing music now, so I think she has the potential to make everybody like her again. With pop music in the state it's currently in, I don't think she has much competition so she's in a good position right now.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Reality

I think people are taking her words on the Actors on Actors interview and stretching them a bit. Ever since that interview, Monster have been questioning Gaga's authenticity. Gaga has always been authentic and true. Gaga, technically is "fake", but it's not like she's been manipulating anyone. She said it herself that Gaga was a "stronger individual part of myself". 'Gaga' is where she got her confidence and her initiative to do what she's doing now. 

People are acting like they're two completely different personalities, when in reality they're not. Gaga is Stefani and Stefani is Gaga: "I'm entirely Stefani and I'm entirely Gaga". She isn't fake, she never was, the "contradictions" are her progressing and changing as a person. It's been almost a decade since she entered the music industry, she's going to go through things—good and bad—and learn from them.  

In fact, I'm not ready to want "Old Gaga", I'm ready to see a much more authentic, real version of who Gaga is, not only as an artist, but as an individual, as a human. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Slayer
11 minutes ago, Fusel said:

I think the statement "the industry needs Gaga" used to be true but isn't anymore. I can't see a demand for new "icons" atm

I think there will be a demand for a new icon soon. In the last ten years it went from Rihanna to Gaga to Katy to Taylor. But as we can all see, Taylor is rapidly losing public support and her time at the top spot is nearly over.

Gohan

I read this as Lady Gaga The Fake Pokémon

CWu8xD.gif

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

youandi

If anything, the recent things she's said just sound as if she's going to take full control of her persona. Whether that be regained control after events or possibly for the first time ever. 

Slayer
27 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

I don't think her interviews from 2010 are fake, but I do think her music is for examlpe TF & TFM, with theese two albums I think she did everything that will get her more popularity and it worked, for BTW I really believe that, that was her honest album and she did what she wanted to do at that time, for ARTPOP I think she wanted to make us happy because at the time all monsters wanted a album that is not dark that is full of colour and dance music and she did that, plus we all wanted an Telephone pt.2 and she made it but we know what happend with her manager so we know what went down from there. This is why I'm hyped about LG5 because I really do believe that with this album she is going to do what she always wanted to do, and that's why I get mad at monsters wanting RedOne on the album because I think Gaga will put him just because of us and I don't want Gaga doing something unhonest.

I don't think that's the reason why she's doing it, I doubt her core fanbase are her biggest concern at the moment. Right now she just wants to capture the world's attention again and if that means working with her biggest hitmaker, then that's what she's going to do.

monsterdino
Just now, etron said:

I don't think that's the reason why she's doing it, I doubt her core fanbase are her biggest concern at the moment. Right now she just wants to capture the world's attention again and if that means working with her biggest hitmaker, then that's what she's going to do.

Supposedly she scrapped her material for LG5 because "it was not true to her nature" after Bowie's death and we all know RedOne's lead single was scrapped so idk

MaryJaneHolland
38 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

I get mad at monsters wanting RedOne on the album because I think Gaga will put him just because of us and I don't want Gaga doing something unhonest.

he was the first person who saw her as a real artist

have some respect :neyde:

don't think she'll put him on the album if she doesn't want to.. she didn't add any of his songs on ARTPOP

monsterdino
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

he was the first person who saw her as a real artist

have some respect :neyde:

don't think she'll put him on the album if she doesn't want to.. she didn't add any of his songs on ARTPOP

Actually Rob Fusari was the first one, take a seat, take several seats actually.

MaryJaneHolland
11 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Supposedly she scrapped her material for LG5 because "it was not true to her nature" 

The sh*t about RedOne is that she scrapped the lead. No one said she scrapped an album. Before she started working with Ronson, she worked only with RedOne, only 8 songs. Is 8 songs an album?

Archived