💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

next Tour - eliminate backing tracks

giskardsb

Featured Posts

HugoJG

I honestly don't like when she has backing singers.. They usually don't fit her voice. 
But I like so much her backing vocals so, I think she should keep them live..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne

i don't care as long as it's what she wants. i do think, however, that the LG5 ball will be different. we shall see. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Personally I'd love to see that, but apparently some people have a really narrow mind of desire and only want the predictable pop star experience with the expectation that what she does in the future will involve the status quo :emma: . Although like others have said, the backing singers have to be pretty competent - not a Spain at Eurovision 2016 disaster :spin: 

giskardsb
3 hours ago, jojuun said:

The DELUSION on this board is SO real.

I need a break from everyone who's unable to grasp the complexity of live performances on this board. 

We need a break from your condescending attitude.  Bands with loud crowds have been doing huge shows for decades without requiring backing tracks.  It is not absolutely necessary.  it certainly is easier and cheaper though.

And I implied ALL tracks on my OP, I'm totally aware that instrumentation is tracked too, even tho you imply we are all idiots that don't know that.  yes the arrangement changes.  Great.  I go to a show to hear a band, not listen to a cd playback.

and in regards to what is possible during live performance, just about anything is these days.  Without backing tracks, but yes with realtime effects.

AJH219
4 hours ago, jojuun said:

You don't get what I'm saying. No one is "relying" on backing tracks. If you'd actually LISTEN to what the sound engineer is saying in the clip I posted for you, you'd know that. Gaga is 100% live, loud and clear, ABOVE the backing track. Vocals ALWAYS need to be compressed during live performances, even Adele has a live sound engineer, because audiences are loud as hell and microphones are sensitive and pick up on any sound in the room. Gaga ALWAYS will need a backing track anyway because her music is electronically driven and her drummer, keyboard players and guitarist can't recreate the DJWS or RedOne beats for instance. That's called the multi-mix.

The multi-mix is the sound YOU hear during the performances. Any tour or performance starts off with all of the elements digitally recorded, the general base of the multi-mix. When you have a live guitarist for instance, you can take out the guitar portion of the multi-mix because that instrument it is being played live. But that guitarist still needs the original mix in his in-ears because he can't listen to himself if he'd hear what you are hearing as an audience member. He needs the cue to come in, so he doesn't miss a beat. It's impossible otherwise during a LIVE show on that level.

Her main vocal is the one she's singing live, on the spot. It's ALWAYS edited. Even ****-ups or off-key notes are actually "edited" because they're compressed and 99% of the time all singers use reverb on their voices, so it just sounds fuller, crisper and bouncier. 

The Monster Ball featured the perfect example of "modern day live vocal mixing". Gaga's live vocal is the lead throughout the entire show, her backing vocalists are the second loudest thing you hear and then there's her backing track. There's not a chance in HELL she's able to sing Beautiful Dirty Rich completely live for instance, because the song features echo'ing and repeating of the lyrics in the background vocals. She will always need either A) heavy backing vocalists that sing that portion for her or B) her backing track. Or option C) (which is most common these days) a combination of her main vocal, backing vocals AND the backing track, so everything can come together and sound crisp for the audience, who's there to be entertained, not hear Gaga's studio vocals brought to life. Why would you want that anyway? When Gaga's in the studio, she's standing still behind a microphone, her vocals are then compressed and mixed. There's not a chance in hell she's going to do Just Dance or Bad Romance standing still, who'd be entertained by that?

You are simply being unreasonable and are clearly not educated on the topic of soundmixing and liveshows.

NO ONE has ever done a two hour popshow with choreo, without using a backing track. Go ahead and prove me wrong. NO ONE does it because even the BEST live vocalists in the world can't get up and dance and sound exactly like their records. It's impossible, especially in huge (and loud) arenas.

And I only referred to her hip because you said Gaga was lazy. A lazy person doesn't go on a 100-date world tour in the first place. It's not like Gaga's lip syncing the entire show. Get a grip.

I didn't say SHE was lazy. I said using backing tracks was lazy. Ofc a woman who goes on a 100 date world tour isn't lazy :air:  I still stand by my original statement that I'll support backing tracks if she hires a better choreographer. There was zero need for backing tracks during artRAVE since she wasn't doing nearly the same amount of choreo she was before. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Pacify Him

No. I need to hear her "Hee hee hee" from ARTPOP and "The night, the night, come on" from MTN :woohoo:

I’m getting on your nerves

Lassex

I don't mind the backing track as long as I can hear her own live vocals :laughga: The idea of 100% live performing is not realistic, but I do think Gaga shouldn't rely on the backing track so much. It's a bit shady because she always talks about the ''fact'' that all her performances are compeletely live :interestinga:

Archived