Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Gaga ruined AHS"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Bradley
17 minutes ago, DevilHeart said:

I honestly think Ryan Murphy saw something in Gaga that he likes and recognize himself into but yes, it was a mistake to cast her for one of the biggest part of the season. Ryan Murphy makes a LOT of mistakes lol

What? Because of some haters (which always exist to some extent), you claim Ryan to have made a mistake for bringing Gaga into this show?

Are we going to pretend that all the positive reviews given by other AHS fans don't matter at all?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferella
Just now, Bradley Cooper said:

What? Because some haters (which always exist to some extent), you claim Ryan to have made a mistake for bringing Gaga into this show?

Are we going to pretend that all the positive reviews given by other AHS fans don't matter at all?

I'm an AHS stan since episode one and I know what they were aiming for with this character that, to me, doesn't live up to any big AHS character. It has to do with her storyline as well as Gaga's acting skills and her involvment. They shoved her down our throat during the pre-show promos and during the show itself as well, I really hated it. The character could have been much better with another actress. You have all the rights to disagree, it's just what I think.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Bradley
9 minutes ago, DevilHeart said:

I'm an AHS stan since episode one and I know what they were aiming for with this character that, to me, doesn't live up to any big AHS character. It has to do with her storyline as well as Gaga's acting skills and her involvment. They shoved her down our throat during the pre-show promos and during the show itself as well, I really hated it. The character could have been much better with another actress. You have all the rights to disagree, it's just what I think.

I respect your opinion but I think you're letting too many extraneous factors affect your opinion on the show. Let's pretend the AHS universe is a real one without having regard to whether or not Gaga is a singer, or whether or not they are intending to use her popularity to stir up some buzz for the show, etc.

I enjoyed the season and I loved the transition of the Countess from being a fearless and soulless to a vulnerable and emotional one.

Jenniferella
2 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I respect your opinion but I think you're letting too many extraneous factors affect your opinion on the show. Let's pretend the AHS universe is a real one without having regard to whether or not Gaga is a singer, or whether or not they are intending to use her popularity to stir up some buzz for the show, etc.

I enjoyed the season and I loved the transition of the Countess from being a fearless and soulless to a vulnerable and emotional one.

But that's the thing : she didn't convince me whatsoever. She's not an actress and you could clearly see it during like half of her scenes. I just think it would have been great to cast her for a smaller, less-expected part. The pressure of starting your acting career with a major part is something to be afraid of and you could see that on the screen

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Didymus
26 minutes ago, DevilHeart said:

But that's the thing : she didn't convince me whatsoever. She's not an actress and you could clearly see it during like half of her scenes. I just think it would have been great to cast her for a smaller, less-expected part. The pressure of starting your acting career with a major part is something to be afraid of and you could see that on the screen

I think she'd do so much better in theater. That's what she studied for in the end. You have to have mastered a sense of subtlety in your face and your body in front of a camera because every single expression and movement is gonna be magnified x1000 on a screen, compared to on a stage. I don't think she's mastered that yet. You still see her make decisions about where her body is and how her face looks, she's not fully present as a character.

But we know from experience how she can evoke that sense of presence when she lets her whole body speak and isn't limited by a frame. So yeah, I actually hoped she'd do more theater and less acting but it looks like that's not gonna happen. Understandable, I guess, since a theater play eats up so much of your time. But I hope she'll at least do it once (and no, Little Bottoms, I don't mean Broadway musicals, I mean plays).

Bradley
1 hour ago, DevilHeart said:

Hmm, actually I disagree. She's had cameos in Machete Kills and Sin City already, I think it's good to actually be part of the main cast this time, I mean sooner or later, she has to step out of the zone so and she did it with Hotel.

Some of you think she wasn't convincing enough, I thought she was wonderful, it's just her role is too close to her as a pop star - badass, fierce, diva-like kind of role. I think she will have a significantly different role in season six, so let's see how she portrays roles of a more different nature this time. Nevertheless, I remain satisfied with her work in Hotel.

Bradley
45 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I think she'd do so much better in theater. That's what she studied for in the end. You have to have mastered a sense of subtlety in your face and your body in front of a camera because every single expression and movement is gonna be magnified x1000 on a screen, compared to on a stage. I don't think she's mastered that yet. You still see her make decisions about where her body is and how her face looks, she's not fully present as a character.

But we know from experience how she can evoke that sense of presence when she lets her whole body speak and isn't limited by a frame. So yeah, I actually hoped she'd do more theater and less acting but it looks like that's not gonna happen. Understandable, I guess, since a theater play eats up so much of your time. But I hope she'll at least do it once (and no, Little Bottoms, I don't mean Broadway musicals, I mean plays).

Just a random question, where do we watch theatre plays? I was searching for Bradley Cooper's The Elephant Man and it isn't on YouTube at all.

10 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Jessica Lange was in Freakshow and that was the worst season BY FAR. I STILL have not watched the last two episodes and do not desire to and it's been more than a year. 

the ending is so fked up. Be glad you haven't seen it

Bear

I agree. I think she was a little rusty and rigid in some of the early voice acting, but she improved a lot with every scene that went by, and she ended up doing a great job. I'm not saying she has mastered acting, but she definitely held her own role and added something to the show.

The problem with the whole season was the writing which wasn't up to the usual standard. I've been a huge fan of the show and for me this was the worst season, which is a shame because it had a great cast list and the set/theme was beautiful :giveup: . 

Harry
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I mostly agree, you can definitely tell she was acting through most of the show. Although I think the terrible script is partly to blame... I think many seasoned actors would've had a hard time trying to make some of the ridiculous lines she had to say come off natural, let alone a newbie like Gaga :rip:

However there were some parts, mostly towards the end of the season, where I felt there were some promising moments from her. I'm optimistic that she'll keep getting better into Season 6 and we'll notice a drastic improvement. 

Didymus
47 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Just a random question, where do we watch theatre plays? I was searching for Bradley Cooper's The Elephant Man and it isn't on YouTube at all.

There are some fan cams sometimes but that's rare for an actual play instead of a musical. I mean, recording is forbidden and it's rarely done for obvious reasons, plus they rarely get a dvd release or whatever.

So I fear you'll have to see it in real life and then hold on to the memory :emma:

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

I mostly agree, you can definitely tell she was acting through most of the show. Although I think the terrible script is partly to blame... I think many seasoned actors would've had a hard time trying to make some of the ridiculous lines she had to say come off natural, let alone a newbie like Gaga :rip:

However there were some parts, mostly towards the end of the season, where I felt there were some promising moments from her. I'm optimistic that she'll keep getting better into Season 6 and we'll notice a drastic improvement. 

100% agreed. There were some nice moments throughout. I still remember that moment where she said she was only barely pregnant and yet had a massive belly. That scene was impeccably acted. There were some moments of brilliance there throughout, but they weren't constant.

I'd like to see that improve next time :nick: But yeah, she needs a better role holy hell. That character itself was a mess.

Harry
15 minutes ago, Didymus said:

100% agreed. There were some nice moments throughout. I still remember that moment where she said she was only barely pregnant and yet had a massive belly. That scene was impeccably acted. There were some moments of brilliance there throughout, but they weren't constant.

I'd like to see that improve next time :nick: But yeah, she needs a better role holy hell. That character itself was a mess.

No it wasn't consistent at all, but nothing about that season really was :duck: Definitely felt as though they were just making it up as they went along. I do kinda suspect that Ryan got so caught up with Gaga's involvement and trying to push The Countess as an iconic character that everything else suffered. Which is a shame cos I think the hotel setting is a really cool one that could've been done a lot better.

FRANK1991
11 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

3. Blame the writers of the show. They all need to be FIRED. 

I see no lies here

the plot is so ridiculous in Hotel:koons: bunch of ideas throwing around but nothing sticks

at least everyone got a happy ending in the finale

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

vanus

honestly the ones that are complaining about plot are the ones who only watched hotel
ahs almost all the season had messy plot and thats just how ahs has always been
its not so much about the plot but more about entertainment and visuals

imma cut a bitch

Archived