Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

"Gaga ruined AHS"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Bad Bromance

I don't really care what the haters have to say, tbqh.  IMO, Gaga did a wonderful job on AHS:  Hotel and is going to kill it on season 6.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pity Party

Honestly as a long time fan of the AHS I found Gaga to be the only reason I watched last season. I personally just didn't find the other characters interesting as I did in all the other seasons. 

VOLANTIS

Freakshow ruined AHS. Ratings and the General Interest from Public.

Which is why Hotel tried taking it to Season one but ended up doing a Horror-less Coven (Gory Scenes but zero horror) 

Gaga's character was flawed in writing. And probably because they tried centering it on her even though her character is very limited to the actual storyline. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Stephen
7 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

Freakshow ruined AHS. Ratings and the General Interest from Public.

Which is why Hotel tried taking it to Season one but ended up doing a Horror-less Coven (Gory Scenes but zero horror) 

Gaga's character was flawed in writing. And probably because they tried centering it on her even though her character is very limited to the actual storyline. 

Agree about Freak Show. What do you mean that the Countess was flawed in writing?

VOLANTIS
2 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

Agree about Freak Show. What do you mean that the Countess was flawed in writing?

Ryan said they initially wrote Gaga's main character story to 2-3 episodes. And later decided to extend it to a full character revealingg parts of her development in all episodes. But we never really got a full character development with her story. And the team has said that they had to cut so much out of the show (including major turning points in the Countess's character) to fit into 12 episodes. 

Stephen
2 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

Ryan said they initially wrote Gaga's main character story to 2-3 episodes. And later decided to extend it to a full character revealingg parts of her development in all episodes. But we never really got a full character development with her story. And the team has said that they had to cut so much out of the show (including major turning points in the Countess's character) to fit into 12 episodes. 

Do you have a source for the bold? I've never heard that! :O

I know that the plan for the character changed a few times, but as it's presented, what is flawed? I could see someone argue the character is boring :emma: but I don't think she's flawed, in a writing sense.

VOLANTIS
4 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

Do you have a source for the bold? I've never heard that! :O

I know that the plan for the character changed a few times, but as it's presented, what is flawed? I could see someone argue the character is boring :emma: but I don't think she's flawed, in a writing sense.

Dammmmiit I'll have to google for that now. I think I saw it on GGD as well. It was on an article that talked about the 'Venus' deco being a nod to Lady Gaga. 

I personally think the Countess is a phenomenal character. But I'm just saying I wish her character got more intervened in the main story apart from abducting Holden and dying at the hands of his father. 

crisTEAne
2 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

i love how julianne moore is smiling at her the entire time. :flutter: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Eighteen

the only thing hotel had going for it was gaga the rest of it was garbage 

Jenniferella
2 minutes ago, 18 said:

the only thing hotel had going for it was gaga the rest of it was garbage 

I couldn't disagree more. The countess had 2 or maybe 3 nice moments during the show but that's it. Some other characters took the spot, easily

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Didymus

The writers for sure ruined AHS. Since it started. But Hotel sure was a pisser. Gaga's not to blame, but I guess the decision to hire a pop star like that in the first place is like a symbol of the show spiralling down to failure to some :shrug:

Jenniferella
4 minutes ago, Didymus said:

The writers for sure ruined AHS. Since it started. But Hotel sure was a pisser. Gaga's not to blame, but I guess the decision to hire a pop star like that in the first place is like a symbol of the show spiralling down to failure to some :shrug:

I honestly think Ryan Murphy saw something in Gaga that he likes and recognize himself into but yes, it was a mistake to cast her for one of the biggest part of the season. Ryan Murphy makes a LOT of mistakes lol

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

blackstar

Haters gonna hate hate hate :fthis:

OT: Asylum>Murder House>Coven=Hotel>Freakshow

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

mister max
8 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

I mean, the season wasn't terribly good in the end, but Gaga did herself proud. The show asked her to go to some very vulnerable, uncomfortable places as an actor, and she was up to every challenge. That alone is very commendable. Plus, she was the only actor in Hotel to walk away with any sort of trophy for their performance, so suck it.

and the emmys are still to come :excited2:

btw, wich season has the higest watch premiere? :hunty:

Spoiler

I really hope its hotel or I fucked up lol

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Archived