Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Fergie - M.I.L.F. $ (ft. Kim K)

GagaMyBlood95

Featured Posts

Yanko

omg stop quoting that nonsense and enjoy this song if you like it :rip:  its clogging up the thread 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AyaKara
15 hours ago, BrianxRyan said:

I guess the whole her talking about how confident she is in the song and even spelling out the words independent didn't do that... strange. The entire song lyrics are positive. Lmao.

But that's the thing. It has a sexual first verse, a typical 'out clubbing' second verse, and the milk vs. milf lyrics don't help. Any sort of positive connotations in the pre-chorus and the bridge is shadowed by wordplay and predictable lyrics in the rest of the song.

Brian Ryan
7 minutes ago, AyaKara said:

But that's the thing. It has a sexual first verse, a typical 'out clubbing' second verse, and the milk vs. milf lyrics don't help. Any sort of positive connotations in the pre-chorus and the bridge is shadowed by wordplay and predictable lyrics in the rest of the song.

I disagree. Fun song. Going to keep it moving. This much attention wasn't even given to the song. It's just a fun song. Love it or hate it. It ain't deep. Hair and nails on fleek. Now where the hell is my drink?

AyaKara
Just now, BrianxRyan said:

I disagree. Fun song. Going to keep it moving. This much attention wasn't even given to the song. It's just a fun song. Love it or hate it. It ain't deep. Hair and nails on fleek. Now where the hell is my drink?

Exactly! It's so fun. Why claim to be deep because of one word (or its implications)? Just call it like it is :flop:

Brian Ryan
5 minutes ago, AyaKara said:

Exactly! It's so fun. Why claim to be deep because of one word (or its implications)? Just call it like it is :flop:

Exactly. I'm glad you get it now. Didn't mean to make you nervous. You motherf0cker. :hug:

tumblr_o9o4hzH9eN1qbbb7uo3_500.gif

AyaKara
Just now, BrianxRyan said:

Exactly. I'm glad you get it now. Didn't mean to make you nervous. You motherf0cker. :hug:

I got it the whole time honey, we just misunderstood each other :stalkga::hug:

StrawberryBlond
16 hours ago, BrianxRyan said:

I don't repeat myself in every single thread where a women isn't in a burqa. Empowerment is just different for alot of heterosexual men and women especially. Why on Earth would a straight man do what Fergie would be doing in her video? First, he probably wouldn't pull it off. Secondly, it's overwhelming just not sexy to a lot of females, just gays. Women has got many places. There was time where women who did not dress just like men raps would not be paid. Shortly before, there was a time where female rappers did not even exist. Men find different things sexy. Women find different sexy. Straight or gay. We are different in many ways.

There's nothing wrong with a women wanting to get with her girls in heels. Sex it up. Put on lingerie. Dance and have fun just because men aren't doing it. lol It's seriously not that deep. Justin Bieber is just naked as Fergie has been lately and there's tons more examples. There's more nudity of men out there than female celebs. I hate bring Lana up but she practically will go to hell and give up her own religion for a guy. The Gods and Monsters video. You need to lighten up.

See, there you go again, putting words into my mouth, making assumptions. I don't want women to wear burqas, I'm actually against that (no offence to the religion, I do have a degree in Religious Studies, though). It's common when you go against the norm for everyone to assume that you're at the exact opposite end of the spectrum and it's wrong. When it comes to sexuality, I'm in the middle ground, I don't support extremes on either side. Yes, empowerment is different for men and women, but I don't see why it should. Sexuality is different, sure, but empowerment? Surely we should be on the same page when it comes to that stuff? Your reasons why a man couldn't do what Fergie does in this video is exactly my point - men don't do this stuff because they know they can't pull it off and look ridiculous. So, why do women think it's empowering? And note that I'm referring to men doing whatever the male equivalent of this video is, however. Yes, women and men will find different things sexy but that doesn't mean that they should have different levels of of dignity and self-respect. I've always hated this culture that makes women feel like they have to flaunt the flesh to be confident, especially as a lot of women who do just that actually do it to hide a LACK of confidence. I would feel LESS confident in underwear than fully clothed. Men are taught the opposite - that being fully clothed is power, to be lesser clothed makes you vulnerable. And I've always said: "If a man shouldn't have to do it, I'm not doing it either."

There's nothing wrong with women sexing it up and having fun, just as long as they do it in a way that isn't objectifying. I'm not asking for depth, just don't degrade yourself. Justin isn't as naked as Fergie in his videos, that's the difference (and male toplessness is different from female toplessness, as stated before). Men simply don't degrade themselves the way women do in videos. Rihanna was dancing for Drake in the second Work video - would a guy dance for a woman in a video? I'm not even talking about the same dance, just a seductive dance of sorts. He wouldn't because the general idea is that men can't dance and can't be sexual in the way that women are, that they have to be dominant at all times. Women, on the other hand, frequently fall into the trap of catering to men in their videos, even if they appear to be in control. Fergie's video is an example for that. It isn't for women, it's a video for the male gaze masquerading as female empowerment. You can call it fun all you want, but don't try to pretend that it's nothing more than the usual objectification. Please note that I had no problem with her LA Love video, and she wore shorts, knee high boots and a bikini in that, as well as twerking. I was fine with it because she was sexy but not trashy, sexual but not a sex object. I have no problem with Lana's video because she told a story that required a bit of female objectification and she's such a good storyteller, that it was perfectly fine. When Lana does sexuality, I feel relaxed. Same with Gaga. Perhaps because their sexuality is never basic, it's mature and complex. When a lot of other popstars do it, I feel tense, mostly because their sexuality is basic, immature and superficial.

16 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

Honestly half of the things you said don't make sense for me but that's your opinion and I can see what you're actually trying to say anyway, I think I get it.

Well, I thank you for at least trying to understand my opinion, even if you don't fully support it. Basically, I just think men and women should be fighting for the same sort of empowerment and that women can be sexy without degrading themselves and being nothing but objects. If men can be sexy fully-clothed, why can't women? I'm an advocate of a middle ground when it comes to sexuality, because I don't think either extreme is healthy. Too much pro-sexuality is damaging, too much anti-sexuality is damaging too. So, somewhere between a stripper and a nun is where you'll find me!

15 hours ago, Brodinsky said:

Do you realize we are talking about Fergie, the singer, and not the actual Duchess? That's Fergie style, the same woman that has released music titled Fergalicious, My Humps, Let's Get Retarded and Boom Boom Pow and now MILF Money. Her Husband Josh Duhamel knew pretty well what he was getting into when he decided to settle down a life with Fergie. Now, is it YOUR business how her husband sees her or why she would change? That's Fergie being FERGIE.

Now, there's pretty women in the video, are they naked? No. Are the Lyrics to the song explicit? Not really. Now it's time to go outside and live a non-judgemental life. We live in an age where everyone does what they want regardless of what people say.

And I'm fine with her sexuality in other videos (well, maybe not My Humps, though mostly for the lyrics rather than the video as she was nothing but an object in the song). I already said I was fine with the sexuality she exhibited in LA Love as she was sexy but not trashy, sexual without being a sex object. This video, on the other hand, portrays her in a purely submissive way to appeal strictly to the male gaze. And don't let the classroom scene fool you - that look is specifically designed to appeal to male fantasies, it doesn't make her in control.

Yes, I too pointed out that the women aren't naked, which is a plus. But that doesn't mean that they weren't sexualised. You can be sexualised whatever you're wearing. No, the lyrics to the song aren't overly explicit, but the video is what we're focused on, as that makes up in controversy that the song lacks. What's ultimately getting to me is that the song means nothing and makes no sense and the video tries to cover that up by being controversial. It's such a cheap technique. And what's wrong with judging a music video, for goodness sake? It's not like Fergie's actually going to read this.

8 hours ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

Oh and I get that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but seriously, just lighten up a bit, it's Fergie we're talking about. She is a strong woman, with a husband and a child and a career, and she is still hot as ****, why not show it? Because she is a woman? Hell nah!

So don't try to find a "meaning" behind the song or the video, it's just what it is!

Adding in the "but" afterwards just means that you don't respect everyone's opinion. It's not a matter of lightening up - there's plenty of fun songs with good videos out there. I'm just critiquing a bad song and a bad video. I've not got a problem with Fergie showing sexuality, just not in the way she's doing here. Do you realise how often women get told "you've got a great body, why not show it off"? And how ironically damaging this idea actually is? It's meant to be a compliment but it makes a lot of us puke.

I'm not looking for a deep meaning behind it (although exactly what's implied by MILF money wouldn't go amiss since it makes no sense and do you have to be an older woman to jam to this?), I'm just criticising it for being bad. "It is what it is" is not good enough for me. And I certainly don't believe in liking something just because it's fun.

8 hours ago, Yanko said:

omg stop quoting that nonsense and enjoy this song if you like it :rip:  its clogging up the thread 

Talking about me as if I'm not here and calling my posts nonsense is very rude. This is a discussion thread, is it not?

GagaMyBlood95
8 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Adding in the "but" afterwards just means that you don't respect everyone's opinion. It's not a matter of lightening up - there's plenty of fun songs with good videos out there. I'm just critiquing a bad song and a bad video. I've not got a problem with Fergie showing sexuality, just not in the way she's doing here. Do you realise how often women get told "you've got a great body, why not show it off"? And how ironically damaging this idea actually is? It's meant to be a compliment but it makes a lot of us puke.

I'm not looking for a deep meaning behind it (although exactly what's implied by MILF money wouldn't go amiss since it makes no sense and do you have to be an older woman to jam to this?), I'm just criticising it for being bad. "It is what it is" is not good enough for me. And I certainly don't believe in liking something just because it's fun.

No, I added "but" just to point out my opinion and I guess to try to express what I think should be the focus here? I'm not trying to convince you to anything, you have your opinion and that's perfectly fine.

We are on a forum after all, it is expected..

Alcina Dimitrescu
On 1/7/2016 at 6:10 PM, Kenji said:

Katy Perry´s candy teenage video.

On 1/7/2016 at 7:39 PM, Bloody hooker said:

My original queen is back :diane:  I loved every second of it :giveup:

Same :giveup:

On 2/7/2016 at 0:19 PM, RAMROD said:

Someone is pretending to forget that she already did. :poot:

I love you so much.

-------------------------

Oh...SB giving her essays again

tumblr_m1xt840nh91qc7018o1_500.gif

Brian Ryan
15 hours ago, Yanko said:

Great idea.

tumblr_o9nri0kRjW1qczbido1_400.gif

Harry

Shock at that hating on yet another grown woman expressing herself in a way that she finds empowering. Yawn. Next.

Anyway.. I can't wait to hear this on a night out :sis: So fun

BLACKOUTbritney
On 7/3/2016 at 9:47 AM, Brodinsky said:

Do you realize we are talking about Fergie, the singer, and not the actual Duchess? That's Fergie style, the same woman that has released music titled Fergalicious, My Humps, Let's Get Retarded and Boom Boom Pow and now MILF Money. Her Husband Josh Duhamel knew pretty well what he was getting into when he decided to settle down a life with Fergie. Now, is it YOUR business how her husband sees her or why she would change? That's Fergie being FERGIE.

Now, there's pretty women in the video, are they naked? No. Are the Lyrics to the song explicit? Not really. Now it's time to go outside and live a non-judgemental life. We live in an age where everyone does what they want regardless of what people say.

Thank you Professor Tea

tumblr_inline_o8oswtC8Te1sa0fgf_500.gif

PopThatArt
On July 1, 2016 at 3:33 PM, GagaMyBlood95 said:

It's finally here! Bow down for tha queen!

Can't believe how hot she is  And that Kim appearance is so random but still :air: 

Exactly what is wrong with the music industry and society and pop in general. 

Go see A Star is Born

Brian Ryan
8 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

Exactly what is wrong with the music industry and society and pop in general. 

Well I rather stay on fleek!

Archived