💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Will R&B/HipHops New Popularity Hurt LG5

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Just a thought that I had.

Recently R&B and Hip/Hop has made a big comeback. A lot of this is due to streaming. 

We see songs like "Panda", and "Needed Me" in the Top 10, when they aren't even played on Top 40 radio. Something that barely occurred before streaming came around. 

Gaga emerged and thrived in an era when dance and pop music was in vogue. 

But can this Dance/Pop superstar thrive in an era of R&B and Hip/Hop dominance?

Perhaps she might try and conform a bit and we'll get hits like Do What U Want. 

twista-gaga-too-short.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustAnotherDay

I think she will still be able to be successful with pop music, during the late 90's when hip-hop and r&b were very popular people like Christina Agiulera and Britney Spears were still able to have success with pop music. I think that pop and r&b/hip-hop will be able to exist side by side because pop will dominate radio and r&b/hip-hop will dominate streaming. I would love to see her do r&b though, Prince is one of her idols so I can imagine her doing it.

was NickARTPOP

crisTEAne

what? she was responsible for setting the dance and pop trend on the radio.

what? she will not conform. she will set the trend once again.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Dangerous Man

No, Gaga was always the trend setter and I believe she can do that again with lg5.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

lxdygxga

Artists with the amount of fame as Gaga are pretty rare, and when they release something, people take notice. It's more down to her management and promotion of her music than the content really. R&B etc is on the rise, but there's still a lot of evidence of dance being successful, especially with songs like This Is What You Came For in the top ten of America, and dance pop and EDM actually being hugely popular still in countries like the UK.

Florian
11 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Just a thought that I had.

Recently R&B and Hip/Hop has made a big comeback. A lot of this is due to streaming. 

We see songs like "Panda", and "Needed Me" in the Top 10, when they aren't even played on Top 40 radio. Something that barely occurred before streaming came around. 

But can this Dance/Pop superstar thrive in an era of R&B and Hip/Hop dominance?

Perhaps she might try and conform a bit and we'll get hits like Do What U Want. 

twista-gaga-too-short.jpg

Gaga didn't came in a period where dance or edm was in vogue. Just look at 2007 and 2008 top single. It was clearly hip hop/Urban Golden Age.

Gaga made dance trendy again.

PunkTheFunk
27 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Have to disagree with you on this. The radio was saturated with R&B before Gaga came around and got us all bopping to electronic dance music :lolga:

Just look at the Billboard charts around 2005 to 2007. Everyone was bumping and grinding to "Candy Shop", "Soulja Boy", "My Humps", and "This Is Why I'm Hot."

Edit: Although I must add that Rihanna was incorporating techno/dance into her hits before Gaga (i.e Please Don't Stop the Music, SOS). 

Miel

Kinda OT, but this thread reminded me of it- did a lot of people notice a lot of songs sounded like DWUW after it was released? Was DWUW the progenitor of that, or nah?

It's, like, even when she's flopping, Gaga still weirdly has a lot of influence, whether directly or not.

3 points in and ready for more

HausOfNicole

I honestly wouldn't say R&B is popular at the moment. I would argue it hasn't been since the 90s in terms of Top 40 appeal. Hip-Hop isn't very popular either, not in the technical sense of the genre. Now dumb rap songs are a thing unfortunately, and certain Hip-Hop artist such as Drake are making a wave, but that's about it. Rhianna is a pop star that leans urban from time to time so she can secure a hit singing just about anything. 

I would say the current trend is still EDM mixed in with Dance hall leaning pop. I think Rock is due for a major Top 40 comeback so it would be nice to see Gaga leading the way with that. All and all Gaga will be fine no matter the trend of music. Adele, Gaga and countless of others have proved you don't need to follow what's trendy. 

nativenewyorker

misinformed people posting complete bullsh-t as if they're veteran music journalists or something :toofunny:

Klonoa

Came from the future and I can say that LG7 will be mainly R&B, folk and trip hop. :duck:

DiscoHeaven23
26 minutes ago, nativenewyorker said:

misinformed people posting complete bullsh-t as if they're veteran music journalists or something :toofunny:

ITS A THOUGHT

kabirartfling

Time to re-release ARTPOP i guess with J&D as the lead single this time :icega:

Give your love to me

FGGrayson
1 hour ago, Elf Beast said:

Came from the future and I can say that LG7 will be mainly R&B, folk and trip hop. :duck:

yas kween, give me that trip-hop bops that i need

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

DeanWinchester
2 hours ago, Miel said:

Kinda OT, but this thread reminded me of it- did a lot of people notice a lot of songs sounded like DWUW after it was released? Was DWUW the progenitor of that, or nah?

It's, like, even when she's flopping, Gaga still weirdly has a lot of influence, whether directly or not.

Love Me Harder

Style

Jealous

people keep saying Drake's We're Going Home started it but I legit don't hear the stuttering/pulsating bass from it :saladga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived