Stefani Tee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

politics

EU Referendum Results

Featured Posts

kvnrp
1 minute ago, Gaga Monster said:

I am confused with this whole situation. Why do they want to leave or remain?

What I got from it was, that the UK is sick of the EU being the bureaucratic mess that it is right now, and wants to leave the whole thing and be "independent" from it.

They already have all sorts of exceptions for most of the things happening in the EU.

But when they would really leave, they would be in a difficult economic situation because all the trade agreements they had because of the EU would have to be newly negogiated, which would take a lot of time.
Also it would mean that a lot of the banks in the City could leave for continental Europe because they need to be present in the EU area.

As for the EU, it could trigger a chain of votings across Europe if your country wants to stay, and potentially the EU as a whole would just break apart.

I don't want the UK to leave tho. We need them and they need us. :ohno:

Are you ready to stumble, are you ready to fall?

Gaga Monster
7 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

What I got from it was, that the UK is sick of the EU being the bureaucratic mess that it is right now, and wants to leave the whole thing and be "independent" from it.

They already have all sorts of exceptions for most of the things happening in the EU.

But when they would really leave, they would be in a difficult economic situation because all the trade agreements they had because of the EU would have to be newly negogiated, which would take a lot of time.
Also it would mean that a lot of the banks in the City could leave for continental Europe because they need to be present in the EU area.

As for the EU, it could trigger a chain of votings across Europe if your country wants to stay, and potentially the EU as a whole would just break apart.

I don't want the UK to leave tho. We need them and they need us. :ohno:

Very interesting and defiantly a difficult situation

GGD Presidential Elections

Gaga Monster

What side do you think is going to win? I am excited to see how this turns out!

ryanripley
Just now, Gaga Monster said:

honestly, i don't know anymore, all the polls are predicting different things and Remain started out with a HUGE amount of votes but now Leave is winning :ohno: still awaiting more results, i'll keep posting updates

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Gaga Monster
Just now, ryanripley said:

honestly, i don't know anymore, all the polls are predicting different things and Remain started out with a HUGE amount of votes but now Leave is winning :ohno: still awaiting more results, i'll keep posting updates

I was reading up on this a few minutes ago and it defiantly is a difficult and scary situation. If leave wins it could cause a chain reaction and if stay wins the UK could go down with the failing system. 

hmm
1 minute ago, Gaga Monster said:

Polls, betting agents and the markets were all suggesting a remain win, it's too early to tell yet but the first major city Newcastle (expected to vote heavily Remain) was a lot closer than expected- I suppose it's too early to tell whether that's an anomaly or what.

Hoping for a remain result, was unfortunately expecting a leave result but idk now :shrug: 

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

I was reading up on this a few minutes ago and it defiantly is a difficult and scary situation. If leave wins it could cause a chain reaction and if stay wins the UK could go down with the failing system. 

Well, technically they're going to go down with the failing system no matter what, but it won't be as harsh if they leave beforehand because they can begin making preparations.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

Benji
26 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

I am confused with this whole situation. Why do they want to leave or remain?

It's a very, very complex issue that everyone has different views on. To put it as basic as possible; being a part of the EU gives you a safety net as they absorb your falls (but also your highs) and it gives you other perks but at a cost.

The Union is outdated, biased and has some dodgy dealings. It really needs an entire overhaul and hopefully if we do leave, it inspires others to leave so we can create a better union.

I voted to remain because I hope we can improve the EU whilst being in it but it's too close to call.

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, Benji said:

It's a very, very complex issue that everyone has different views on. To put it as basic as possible; being a part of the EU gives you a safety net as they absorb your falls (but also your highs) and it gives you other perks but at a cost.

The Union is outdated, biased and has some dodgy dealings. It really needs an entire overhaul and hopefully if we do leave, it inspires others to leave so we can create a better union.

that could take decades :saladga:

ryanripley

update

REMAIN BACK IN THE LEAD

Remain: 190,601

Leave: 170,649

hmm

Foyle in N.I being mostly Remain. Entirely expected of a Catholic/Nationalist (used in the northern irish sense of the word, not the general sense) area.

Benji
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

that could take decades :saladga:

How long would it take for the Union we have now to improve though? :awkney:

Sexxx

This is way too ****ing close to be left in the hands of the people 

🤷🏽‍♂️

Gaga Monster

Remain is now winning my 20k votes