💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

life

Gaga: "Gun control is needed to end violence"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

GagaMyBlood95
26 minutes ago, Church said:

Gun control won't do ****. The only people saying ~anyone can just go in & buy a gun!~ have zero idea what they are talking about. I'd LOVE to take her + whoever says AR-15 can be purchased so easily to all the stores here. Lets see how easy it is. Really.

I used to believe Gaga was an incredibly intelligent individual. This + all her Hillary stuff has really showcased she's not smart at all. Artsy & can say big words, but there's no intelligence there. 

I like her less & less as a person. She's a ****ing moron.

Just because you disagree with her on this subject, doesn't give you the right to call her a moron or to insult her, like what is wrong with you?

Just state your opinion, it's fine that you disagree, but keep it calm.. You can say what you want to say in a much better way.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lego
14 minutes ago, Church said:

Gun control won't do ****. The only people saying ~anyone can just go in & buy a gun!~ have zero idea what they are talking about. I'd LOVE to take her + whoever says AR-15 can be purchased so easily to all the stores here. Lets see how easy it is. Really.

FreePalestine

Whispering
2 hours ago, Kayla said:

Look at gun usage in rural areas, though. MUCH higher rate of gun ownership in the urban areas and a significantly lower rate of gun usage for violence. Why? Maybe because people in those areas were raised with guns for specific purposes- hunting, collection, sport, etc. 

Granted, guns for violence is also largely related to economic issues, so education wouldn't necessarily be the end-all-be-all for gun violence, but high regulation combined with intense education could do a lot of good. 

You can totally compare it to how we should tackle drug issues, imo. 

Remember, there used to be cigarette vending machines everywhere like coke machines. Young teens could buy cigarettes without being carded. Now, you have to show an ID if you look under the age of 30. 

Planes, hospitals, restaurants, office buildings, college dorms and buildings, shopping outlets, etc..all allowed smoking inside. Now, you can't even smoke in the parking lot of hospitals or on most college campuses and certainly not inside buildings. 

There were changes in advertising restrictions, accessibility, and convenience issues along with the educational aspect. Common sense gun laws and restrictions, along with education might promote a culture change. It would take decades, but it took decades to get here. 

I'm a little new to the gun control debate (this hasn't been one of my top issues until lately), so forgive a simple question, but:

All other modern nations have stricter gun control laws than the U.S.   They have less gun violence.  (not zero, but definitely less)  So this seems pretty simple?

I totally understand that the genie is already out of the bottle and there are SO many guns in the U.S. that trying to curtail them now would do no good.  But it's funny to me that the same people making that argument are the ones who won't listen to the argument that there are SO many illegal immigrants in the U.S. that trying to remove them now would do no good.  :)

But if we put stricter gun controls in place now, then in a few generations it will start to have an impact and make this country a better place.

What am I missing here?  

FameHungry

Can I just say,  to the people who are saying that gun control won't work, you never know until you try. You can't predict the future. In some places it really works, in others it doesn't. But sure why not try and see?

Hexxx

Gun Control solves nothing. People will find other ways to hurt other people. 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

thehanyo
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

Germany has gun laws and when was their last shooting? today. :fthis:

Um, not a single person was killed in Germany (except the gunman). The man was only able to get a gas gun, which doesn't shoot actual bullets... only gas. Germany's gun laws saved many lives today.

FATCAT

"This is not democracy"

Of course it isn't a direct democracy, it's a democratic republic. You vote for people that will fulfill your wishes, whether that's economic, social, or other. If you decide to vote, and asks others to vote, for someone that has actively been lying to you and the American people, don't wonder where the democracy went.

Whether it's this, or her completely rude tweet after Orlando, she needs to step away from politics. it just makes her look a little ignorant.

Purr more, hiss less.

thehanyo
57 minutes ago, Church said:

I used to believe Gaga was an incredibly intelligent individual. This + all her Hillary stuff has really showcased she's not smart at all. Artsy & can say big words, but there's no intelligence there. 

I like her less & less as a person. She's a ****ing moron.

She doesn't want you as a fan. And neither do I. BAI.

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

Um, not a single person was killed in Germany (except the gunman). The man was only able to get a gas gun, which doesn't shoot actual bullets... only gas. Germany's gun laws saved many lives today.

oh... well that still didn't stop him from intending to hurt people, which is what my point is :shrug: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

5 minutes ago, Hexxx said:

Gun Control solves nothing. People will find other ways to hurt other people. 

So....we should not have speed limits because people still find a way to speed?  Or laws against stealing because people will still steal....

It's all a matter of degree. Of course even the countries with the STRICTEST gun controls still have shootings and deaths.  But at least it's less.

Hexxx
5 minutes ago, Sara said:

So....we should not have speed limits because people still find a way to speed?

It's all a matter of degree. Of course even the countries with the STRICTEST gun controls still have shootings and deaths.  But at least it's less.

I'm not  against gun control but I still feel that it won't do much of anything really.

Can we still keep our pistols and shotguns to prevent people from breaking in our homes? 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Just now, Hexxx said:

I'm not  against gun control but I still feel that it won't do much of anything really.

Can we still keep our pistols and shotguns to prevent people from breaking in our homes? 

I agree it won't do much in the short term, or maybe not even in our lifetimes, but it will make a difference someday.  At least there seems to be enough evidence that it will that I wanna try it and see!  :)

I don't know about having guns for self defense.   Maybe, but I'd like to do some research into what these other countries that have low gun death rates do about that.

There is also this argument I hear that we need high power guns so the citizens can rise up and protect us from our own government.   To me that doesn't sound practical.  If our military turns on us, we have no chance if all we have is guns.  They have planes and drones and satellites and all kinds of crap to kill us safely from a distance.

When we attacked Iraq and Afghanistan, they had lots of guns.  It did them no good.  What DID do them a lot of good was those Improvised Explosive Devices.  Those are taking a heavy toll.  But explosives are also illegal in the U.S. so we really have no chance of rising up.  That's the kind of thinking that comes from the 1700's when the military only had slightly better weapons than a citizen could buy, and there was no way they could kill us from a safe distance.

Kayla
1 hour ago, Whispering said:

Remember, there used to be cigarette vending machines everywhere like coke machines. Young teens could buy cigarettes without being carded. Now, you have to show an ID if you look under the age of 30. 

Planes, hospitals, restaurants, office buildings, college dorms and buildings, shopping outlets, etc..all allowed smoking inside. Now, you can't even smoke in the parking lot of hospitals or on most college campuses and certainly not inside buildings. 

There were changes in advertising restrictions, accessibility, and convenience issues along with the educational aspect. Common sense gun laws and restrictions, along with education might promote a culture change. It would take decades, but it took decades to get here. 

Exactly. I think looking at smoking can help us tremendously in working on changing gun culture. We got people to change their usage, viewpoint, and accessibility to cigarettes, and those are actually physically and mentally addicting. Imagine what we could do for gun violence if we put that much effort into changing things related to guns. 

Archived