💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

I don't get why so many people turned their backs on Gaga during ARTPOP...

JAMES1993

Featured Posts

manyatyau

well, I don't like the album because I don't know WTF is "reverse Warholian experience." :neyde:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JAMES1993
13 hours ago, Benji said:

I still don't understand the whole headphones statement by Gaga, maybe they threw out the idea before the release.

I've got Sennheiser headphones and you can really hear the depth and details in music. I've purposly tried listening to ARTPOP on different headphones and earphones and it always sounds painfully flat compared to other albums. I was blown away the other day when I took the time to listen to Lemonade whilst a little stoned at how much detail is in the instrumentals... I then listened to ARTPOP and it was unbearably flat in comparison.

She said they designed the album to wake you up. It wasnr just about the lyrics or videos, but also about the sound that made the album come alive. She also said the album is pop candy to the ears or something like that. And she wanted us to experience the album in the best way possible either by speakers in your car or beats headphones. If you play it on your phone or use some crappy headphones with no bass to it. You won't hear the entire song as you should experience it. And ive noticed with beats headphones, you hear more sounds in it than you would some cheap 10 dollar pair of headphones. 

Recognizing the chaotic, fractal nature of our world can give us new insight, power, and wisdom. -Chaos Theory

JAMES1993
13 hours ago, TheCountess said:

So Gaga made one underwhelming album and the era was messy. Big deal. If that's reason enough for you to turn in your stan card, then you were not a true fan to begin with. 

If you're a true fan, you understand that this was just a misstep in her career and that it does not take away from the rest of her brilliant works, past or future. Even the biggest, most respected artists in the world have albums that were universally panned. And yet, they still have dedicated fans. 

This fanbase is just immature and fickle af and many of its members only stan for success. Sad but true. 

PREACH GIRL!

Recognizing the chaotic, fractal nature of our world can give us new insight, power, and wisdom. -Chaos Theory

Best pure example of bandwagoning. Many fans that loved the album initially turned their back on it with all the constant negative attention. 

Ronk

The album was way under-promoted.   The leak caused an early release that didn't coincide with all the careful planning designed for maximum impact.   Thus, the era was off of a messy start.  It was deemed cool to hate on Gaga, and the media and critics propagated this by panning ARTPOP.   They wanted to follow the trend rather than leading, so they claimed ARTPOP was not that good.  "Bandwagoning", as Klou mentioned.  Media and critics planted a seed of doubt in listeners minds and influenced what the listeners thought of it.  Many who pay no attention to what others think loved the album and still do.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Because of the charts.

Gaga was underperforming and she was not on top of the world, it was embarrassing for them to stan for a loser and they couldn't handle being made fun of by other fanbases. So they joined the hate bandwagon to seem cool.

Kayla

For me the issue in the album was that the music had a disconnect from the message. What she was doing surrounding ARTPOP was fantastic- she was very much living and breathing (as she always has) the concept of injecting Art into Pop Culture. 

But there's no way you'd get that just from listening to the music, so it frustrates me that she took this great message and it didn't translate in the songs themselves. Every previous album she made the music matched the lifestyle she was showing the public, but for ARTPOP it was like two separate things held together by tiny threads. 

That being said, I do really like ARTPOP and the title track is one of my favorite Gaga songs. The album itself was a good album that was just as successful as we'd expect any other pop album to be, it's just the concept didn't hold up in the music itself. 

Regardless of my criticisms of ARTPOP though, I would never turn my back on Gaga herself!

PMKKARDASHiAN

Am I the only one who thinks majority of her fans/casual listeners left because of BTW and not AP? 

She went from this mysterious, fashionable, cooky, incredibly cool, partying it girl, so an over exposed, savior, mother and seemed to only care about healing the hearts of the gays, which really turned a lot of people off. 

Yes AP was underwhelming and just messy as a whole, but BTW was the wrench that was thrown into the mechanics. 

Runway

People started to leave around the Alejandro era when she stopped being just the funny girl with the wigs and tackled real issues like homophobia and then equality and bullying during BTW.

she also missed 2012 when streaming exploded and has only served 2 videos in 4 years so that hasn't done her any favors either

migamiga

I was one of those who complained btw wasn't dancey enough but didn't like ARTPOP either because it just wasn't that great... And that's putting it nicely. The lyrics, production, and mixing were kind of all over the place and just felt amateur and unfinished. Also I think the GP got tired of her doing the same sh*t

Gaga Monster
18 hours ago, TheFame Monster said:

charts.jpg

Don't remind me:giveup:

GGD Presidential Elections

Alien Tulip

I never turned my back on her. I felt bad for her during that era however the album was not my taste. The day it leaked...I was so underwhelmed.

Ronk
5 hours ago, Kayla said:

For me the issue in the album was that the music had a disconnect from the message. What she was doing surrounding ARTPOP was fantastic- she was very much living and breathing (as she always has) the concept of injecting Art into Pop Culture. 

But there's no way you'd get that just from listening to the music, so it frustrates me that she took this great message and it didn't translate in the songs themselves. Every previous album she made the music matched the lifestyle she was showing the public, but for ARTPOP it was like two separate things held together by tiny threads. 

That being said, I do really like ARTPOP and the title track is one of my favorite Gaga songs. The album itself was a good album that was just as successful as we'd expect any other pop album to be, it's just the concept didn't hold up in the music itself. 

Regardless of my criticisms of ARTPOP though, I would never turn my back on Gaga herself!

I don't know how you put art into music  I know a Bach fugue is considered "art", but where do you draw the line.  And since music is one of the arts, I guess all music is art.  I think most people tried to find art in the ARTPOP music but couldn't find it and didn't know of anything specific for which to look.  But imo, the art is in everything else in the era; the Koons covers and sculptures, and the tour shows. She said at the start that she was going to travel to world to inspire art and creativity.  I'll bet she was talking about the shows, not the music. Good question to ask her someday.

I live outside the space time continuum.

21 hours ago, KING said:

TOP 10 Reasons Why

1. ARTPOP hype since 2012

2. Applause vs Roar

3. Troy Carter's departure

4. Bad single choices

5. DWUW video 

6. Messy tracklist

7. Leaks before album release

8. Awkward fashion

9. Random blackouts

10. SXSW vomit art