šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

question

I don't get why so many people turned their backs on Gaga during ARTPOP...

JAMES1993

Featured Posts

JAMES1993

Why did alot of fans and general public turn their back on Gaga during ARTPOP. which caused it to flop in some way. I remember before it was out. Gaga said her fans wants dance music, and she wanted to make electronic dance music for her fans who wanted dance music. I remeber back in the Born This Way era somewhere around there, some people or fans complaining that it wasn't dancy enough, or Gaga should make dance music. It was to depressing. Gaga expressed who she is through dance music in ARTPOP, gave her fans exactly whay they wanted, a celebration album. Of art and music. Celebrate our love for eachother.

So if fans wanted Gaga to do dance music, why did alot of themĀ turn their backs on her.Ā Ā ARTPOP to me was rhe album I felt most connected with Gaga when iĀ became a true stan. This album spoke to my heart its like we were bith going through the samw things at the same time. I loved it honestly. I dont understand the hate towards it at alot. We're we disappointed when Act II didntr get released, yes, and we were suppose to get a music video to all 15 tracks. But things happen for a reason, gaga had to fire troy he was ruining everything. She needed to a team she could rely on to let her do what she wanted with her music. So that costs us act two and all the videos. But now ourĀ mother monster is back, and I know she will deliver and take musicĀ over with LG5 itll be like its her very first album she ever did. She will come back stronger than ever we already see it. Can't wait for this era!Ā 

Recognizing the chaotic, fractal nature of our world can give us new insight, power, and wisdom. -Chaos Theory

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Princess Die

Because they were stanning for a successful popstar instead of the artist.Ā 

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ā¤

Batwings

When it comes to several Gaga fans, I've noticed over the years that so damn many of them are so fickle that it's truly ridiculous.Ā 

Tumblr

The album was messy and wasn't good imo (and many others).Ā She became really unrelatable and not in a mysterious sense that she had with TF/M and some of BTW. She was talking about art and technologyĀ when people just wanted to listen to the music. I remember being kinda turned off Applause when she said we needed to buy good headphones to really understand how great Applause was on Twitter. I mean I had Beats but a lot of people don't unfortunately. It just came across as pretentious kinda.

Ā 

She also hasn't released anything to get her pop fans back either so maybe they'll come back with LG5.Ā 

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Katsuki Bakugo

It wasn't her best work, it had some moments of pure joy and bliss, but overshadowed by rushed production and the messy era.Ā 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Jinzo
1 minute ago, Tumblr said:

The album was messy and wasn't good imo (and many others).Ā She became really unrelatable and not in a mysterious sense that she had with TF/M and some of BTW. She was talking about art and technologyĀ when people just wanted to listen to the music. I remember being kinda turned off Applause when she said we needed to buy good headphones to really understand how great Applause was on Twitter. I mean I had Beats but a lot of people don't unfortunately. It just came across as pretentious kinda.

sad but trueĀ :(Ā i'm still bopping to dwyw and venus thoĀ :woohoo:

Benji
Just now, Tumblr said:

I still don't understand the whole headphones statement by Gaga, maybe they threw out the idea before the release.

I've got Sennheiser headphones and you can really hear the depth and details in music. I've purposly tried listening to ARTPOP on different headphones and earphones and it always soundsĀ painfullyĀ flat compared to other albums. I was blown away the other day when I took the time to listen to Lemonade whilst a little stoned at how much detail is in the instrumentals... I then listened to ARTPOP and it was unbearablyĀ flat in comparison.

TOP 10 Reasons Why

1. ARTPOP hype since 2012

2. Applause vs Roar

3. Troy Carter's departure

4. Bad single choices

5. DWUW videoĀ 

6. Messy tracklist

7. Leaks before album release

8. Awkward fashion

9. Random blackouts

10. SXSW vomit art

LaLuna

So Gaga made one underwhelming album and the era was messy. Big deal. If that's reason enough for you to turn in your stan card, then you were not a true fan to begin with.Ā 

If you're a true fan, you understand that this was just a misstep in her career and that it does not take away from the rest of her brilliant works, past or future. Even the biggest, most respected artists in the world have albums that were universally panned. And yet, they still have dedicated fans.Ā 

This fanbase is just immature and fickle af and many of its members only stan for success. Sad but true.Ā 

Pablo

ARTPOP was super conceptual and different. Not very radio friendly or casual fan friendly. Plus the whole DWUW tragedy literally ruined the chances for any other single.

Don't visit my profile

Quasi

I can't at so many people criticizing the album. I understand everyone has their own opinions I respect all yours. But ARTPOP is just f*cking amazing to me. Literally my favourite album from her so far with each song just being pure electronic bliss. It's not underwhelming and I thought the production was complex, but not messy and that's how I like it. I just know that if it was commercially successful many opinions throughout this forum would look different.

FWcDE1.gif

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

LUO YI

Everyone does what they want and we should accept itĀ :interestinga:Ā I mean, I hate ARTPOP because of the sound, Ā mixing, and other things but I didn't leave the fan base because I support Gaga in the artistic wayĀ :firega: and Act 2 killed my dreams honestly. When she released C2C I loved every minute and that gave me hope.Ā 

The night sky tells all

Archived