💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Deadline: Gaga in talks for 'A Star is Born'

yxi

Featured Posts

SCAR 97

I'm not familiar with the original (or the remake), but I hope she can go full New York accent in this movie 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lxdygxga

So happy for her if this is indeed true (which it seems to be a dead cert). This is exactly the kind of movie she will thrive in, and I'm so excited for her.

9 minutes ago, SCAR 97 said:

I'm not familiar with the original (or the remake), but I hope she can go full New York accent in this movie 

Of course she can, she's an ambassador of New York city :lolga:

SKANK

I can't at anyone here thinking Gaga would snag an Oscar win or even a nomination for the fourth adaptation of A Star Is Born, directed by the four time Oscar losing star of The Hang Over.

Quasi
58 minutes ago, T E A said:

oh, but i know how you feel: you wish to fast-forward to when the lead is released.

6359531540097887802044581929_tumblr_msfo

Me singing the lead when I don't know the lyrics yet:

tumblr_lcizw5ZVAm1qadw9t.gif

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

26 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I can't at anyone here thinking Gaga would snag an Oscar win or even a nomination for the fourth adaptation of A Star Is Born, directed by the four time Oscar losing star of The Hang Over.

No way to know how it will turn out. However, I think it has the advantage of not coming only 20 years after the highly regarded Judy version. Streisand's version was not well-received.  Plus, it will be over 40 years since the last adaptation. And painting Bradley Cooper as a "four-time Oscar loser" seems overly negative. The fact he's been nominated so many times speaks to his industry cred and lends a degree of prestige to the project. This could be a great role for Gaga. 

PopBitch
6 minutes ago, Ty3009 said:

No way to know how it will turn out. However, I think it has the advantage of not coming only 20 years after the highly regarded Judy version. Streisand's version was not well-received.  Plus, it will be over 40 years since the last adaptation. And painting Bradley Cooper as a "four-time Oscar loser" seems overly negative. The fact he's been nominated so many times speaks to his industry cred and lends a degree of prestige to the project. This could be a great role for Gaga. 

I love Barbra Streisand's version for what it was.   There was a real chemistry between the two I guess is why I loved it.

SKANK
7 minutes ago, Ty3009 said:

Delusions.

If she wins an Oscar for a Bradley Cooper directed adaption of A Star Is Born I will buy a plane ticket to wherever you live, get on my knees, and blow you. You have my word. Bookmark this post.

ARTPOP
2 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

#JusticeForLG5'sLeadSingle :madge:

What is LG5 ? rGwo.gif

COME ON GAYS!!

PunkTheFunk
10 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Delusions.

If she wins an Oscar for a Bradley Cooper directed adaption of A Star Is Born I will buy a plane ticket to wherever you live, get on my knees, and blow you. You have my word. Bookmark this post.

giphy.gif

PunkTheFunk

Slay, but I have a really bad feeling that this is going to flop hard :toofunny: (not because of Gaga though)

Hopefully I'm wrong :diane:

Harry
52 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I mean... I hear what you're saying and I do actually agree with you that it's entirely unlikely for Gaga to get an Oscar nom for this. But weirder things have happened. I mean, would anyone have thought that someone like Ben Affleck -who has (seemingly) had more noms for the Golden Raspberries than any other ceremony - would've pulled something like Best Picture winning Argo? Even someone like Robert Redford. Considered only once by the Academy as an actor then got the Oscar and many other awards for his directorial debut.

I know that it's generally a different ballpark for musicals (and Gaga's acting as displayed in AHS though good isn't Oscar worthy yet), but I'm just trying to play devil's advocate a little. I could completely see it flopping. But you never know.

DeanWinchester
17 minutes ago, Arbmonster said:

What is LG5 ? rGwo.gif

Urban legend

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

thierryrreiht
3 hours ago, warpedcurrents said:

I'm here for this. If we get LG5, the LG5 tour, AHS season 6, and A Star is Born, she'll be all over again  come through Gagz

Now THAT'S the spirit! Not #LG5-2068

Archived