Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
other

Gaga's Emmy 2016 Prediction Thread (Updated 07/10/16)

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

I know I'm 3 2 months early but what are you gonna do?

3Dxhl.gif

I also figured that the earlier I start, the bigger and more entertaining the meltdowns will be down the road.

Fun Fact: For the past 27 years, the winner of the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film has ALWAYS been nominated for an Emmy in the same category (with the exception of Uma Thurman, who won the Golden Globe in 2002 but didn't get nominated for an Emmy.)

According to Gold Derby, there were 30 actresses (including Gaga) submitted for nomination voting in this category (Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie).

(http://www.goldderby.com/article/2016/emmy-awards-2016-nominations-ballot-analysis-news-135790864/)

Here's what Goldderby.com predicts at this stage in the Primetime Emmy race, as of July 10, 2016.

Experts' Predictions

Out of the 16 experts, of them predict that Gaga will be nominated for an Emmy. They place Gaga at 6th, 5th, and 6th place, respectively.

giphy.gif

Every single expert placed Sarah Paulson's performance in "The People vs. OJ Simpson" at the top of their lists. :giveup:

Editors' Predictions

Out of the 6 editors, 0 of them predict that Gaga will be nominated for an Emmy. 

tumblr_inline_o093l2yyle1s8dz09_500.gif

Every single editor placed Sarah Paulson's performance in "The People vs. OJ Simpson" at the top of their lists. :giveup:

Top 24 Users' Predictions

They place Gaga at 7th in their list, with odds of winning at 6/1. This category has had 6 nominees for the past two years.

giphy.gif

They previously had Gaga at 6th in their list with odds of winning at 9/2.

Once again, Sarah Paulson is in first place.

Here's what Indiewire.com predicts, as of June 14, 2016 (keep in mind that this is the website that was so sure Gaga would win an Oscar :madge:)

"To avoid competing against herself, expect to see Sarah Paulson up for Lead Actress in "American Crime Story" and supporting actress for "American Horror Story." Technically, she could qualify as supporting for both, but the much-loved perennial nominee should certainly try for a dual nod after earning one spot for four consecutive years — and she’s got a much larger (and better) part in "The People v. O.J. Simpson" than "Hotel."

"Other limited series contenders include Kirsten Dunst, who was out-of-this-world great on the sci-fi-tinged "Fargo" Season 2, and Sarah Hay, who broke out in "Flesh and Bone" on Starz; and Lady Gaga taking over for Jessica Lange in this category as "American Horror Story’s" representative. [...]

359ihjc.gif

Predicted Nominees: 
1. Sarah Paulson, "The People v. O.J. Simpson"
2. Kerry Washington, "Confirmation"
3. Kirsten Dunst, "Fargo"
4. Felicity Huffman, "American Crime"
5. Anika Noni Rose, "Roots"
6. Audra McDonald, "Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grille"

Spoiler: Lady Gaga, "American Horror Story: Hotel" 

giphy.gif

Here's what Scott Feinberg at The Hollywood Reporter predicts, as of June 20, 2016. According to his description, "he has been forecasting awards since 2001 and has one of the strongest track records of all pundits at doing so."

Front Runners:

Sarah Paulson (The People v. O.J. Simpson)
Kerry Washington (Confirmation)
Kirsten Dunst (Fargo)
Audra McDonald (Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill)
Felicity Huffman (American Crime)
Lady Gaga (American Horror Story: Hotel)

Major Threats:

Shanice Williams (The Wiz Live!)
Riley Keough (The Girlfriend Experience)
Lili Taylor (American Crime)
Blythe Danner (Madoff)

On July 1, 2015 (about a year ago) he correctly predicted 5 out of the 6 front-runners for last year's Emmy nominations in the same category:

Frances McDormand (Olive Kitteridge) ✓ (she would go on to win the Emmy)
Jessica Lange (American Horror Story) 
Queen Latifah (Bessie) 
Maggie Gyllenhaal (The Honorable Woman) 
Felicity Huffman (American Crime) 
Frances O'Connor (The Missing) × (Emma Thompson, whom Feinberg predicted as a "Major Threat", was nominated instead for Live from Lincoln Center –Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street)

tumblr_inline_o2vd5yGIrO1r9vdbu_500.gif

Summary: The chances of Sarah Paulson not winning this Emmy are about the same as the chances of Gaga moving to Jupiter; Bobby Campbell needs to start getting those suitcases of money ready. Nominations are announced on July 14th so keep those Alejandro candles burning.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OBEY

Felicity Huffman always deserves an Emmy :applause: 

I hope Viola Davis snatches another one :applause: 

FlopSlurper

Keep it, last time my hip, back, ass, **** and every single bone in my body broke because she lost to Samatha even though they predicted that Gaga was going to win :madge:

ryanripley

sarah deserves it for ACS!! :grr: she was AMAZING as marcia :applause: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

PunkTheFunk
3 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Keep it, last time my hip, back, ass, **** and every single bone in my body broke because she lost to Samatha even though they predicted that Gaga was going to win :madge:

Forgive me for trying to make a living and support my family

downloadmadons.jpg.16d93f5f02e05034bee3c

FlopSlurper
2 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Forgive me for trying to make a living and support my family

downloadmadons.jpg.16d93f5f02e05034bee3c

What do you feed your family? Salty tears and meltdowns?

tumblr_inline_nynu5jjmpW1sg4teu_500.gif

PunkTheFunk
Just now, FlopSlurper said:

What do you feed your family? Salty tears and meltdowns?

tumblr_inline_nynu5jjmpW1sg4teu_500.gif

@Haroon pays me 15 cents a thread and 3 cents per like

Shipper

I say it's Sarah Paulson's win. I love Gaga and all but I'm not blind. SARAH PAULSON DESERVES IT. 

Lowkey hoping Gaga gets nominated at least. :saira:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Mister Gaga

Sarah deserves it much more than Gaga tho. She was beyond amazing. And not only for Marcia, but for years of snubbing (Bette and Dot, Lana Winters). Hope she wins.

luckythisway
51 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

IM SCREAMING 

but I can relate :air:

CHROMATICA

I thought she wouldn't attend the Emmys because she'll be busy promoting LG5 or C3C:flop:

kabirartfling

I hope queen latifa gets NONE, ill never forget that bitch for making fart faces at the golden globes :grr:

Give your love to me

PunkTheFunk
38 minutes ago, KING said:

I thought she wouldn't attend the Emmys because she'll be busy promoting LG5 or C3C:flop:

Boris2

I don't really go by this predictions. Remember the oscar's fiasco - everybody thought Gaga will win. :diane:

Archived