Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Gaga was actually ahead with her Hillary post

Quark

Featured Posts

FATCAT
Just now, Enigma said:

There are always going to be problems of this kind though. People like this will always exist and will always try to find a way to harm. So we should always have good laws at any given time. We can't afford to wait until everyone is healed.

Did you not read what I wrote? If someone doesn't have a mental health background to begin with, they can't be screened. It isn't about healing people. What even are you getting at?

Purr more, hiss less.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quark
3 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Did you not read what I wrote? If someone doesn't have a mental health background to begin with, they can't be screened. It isn't about healing people. What even are you getting at?

Yeah, but there are usually some signs that someone is thinking of harming people. Even if they have no previous mental health issues.

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yeah, but there are usually some signs that someone is thinking of harming people. Even if they have no previous mental health issues.

"some signs"??

You do realize that even people with schizophrenia are high-functioning. You need a stronger relation between mental health issues and awareness, along with a diagnosis, for a law that screens to be useful.

Purr more, hiss less.

Bad Bromance

Gaga's timing was off, but she quickly fixed it.  Stuff like this happens all the time, or are you going to claim to be perfect 100% of the time?  You've never made mistakes that you later regret?  Come on, people, let it go.  She made a mistake.  Now, let's move on and stop dwelling on the negativity.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Not really. Thinking about solutions, in this case stricter gun control, is trying to prevent something like this happening. Instead everyone seems to focus on how offended they are with Gaga's words. They're trying to make it all about them and how hurt they are, instead of the victims.

Gaga is the one who made a sensitive moment after a tragedy about a political candidate in the first place. She could've easily related stricter gun laws to preventing incidents like this happening again without promoting a political candidate in the process. What made it ugly is that the first thing she does is hashtag #VoteHillary. It looks opportunistic and insensitive

I'm not holding her to this as everyone makes mistakes but some of the people defending gaga are invalidating everyone else's feelings about this which they're allowed to have

doseofamnesia. tumblr. com

Brian Ryan

I think that's obvious. Not everyone wants to just sit cry about the issue. Leave that to their families and let's get up and so action for christ sakes. I think Lady Gaga should have kept up her tweet. A lot of little monsters are just less than smart. 

This is why other fanbases are annoyed by Little Monsters ... we can't even admit when our own fave was in the wrong for this.

aaronyoji

honestly she at least  did more than "my prayers are with _____" sending prayers means less than dirt. i get that it was terrible timing, and seemed like she probably wanted to politicize a tragedy, but sending prayers is even less appropriate. 

If Lady Gaga was shot, would "#BuyARTPOPoniTunes" be the first thing little monsters would tweet out ... ?  :hmm:

Lord Temptation
2 hours ago, edgy said:

If Lady Gaga was shot, would "#BuyARTPOPoniTunes" be the first thing little monsters would tweet out ... ?  :hmm:

Your analogy makes absolutely no sense.

eNICKma
22 hours ago, Enigma said:

o<(0_0)>o

I already know that many of you complained when Gaga posted that vote for Hillary tweet, but if you really think about it she was actually thinking ahead with that post. It is obvious that Gaga cares about the LGBT community but since she believes that Hillary will actually reduce this type of violence, then she thought that the best thing you could do now is vote for people that will prevent or at least try to prevent these kind of hatred and terror attacks in future. The only reason she deleted her tweet was because she did not want so much backlash and turmoil with her fans and other people online.

Agree

Archived