Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

The problem with "Heavy Metal Lover"

ReidOne

Featured Posts

but yeah, HML is a heavenly tune. actually, it's my favorite on Born This Way and the second favorite Gaga song overall, only behind Monster. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne
Just now, Rino said:

but yeah, HML is a heavenly tune. actually, it's my favorite on Born This Way and the second favorite Gaga song overall, only behind Monster. 

You are speaking my life RN!

RAMROD

I disagree.

It would not sounds the same when it is mixed to.aound cleaner. IMHO that song was intended to be recorded that way. They probably have trued many ways and clean was one if them and perhaps it doesn't work nor the way Gaga wanted it to sounds hence we have the final.product that we know today.

Come on, she is an artist working with professionals, sometimes y'all just seems to discredit her abilties so much. She know what she is doing and what she wants. It's her own songs afterall.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

heavymetall0v3r
2 hours ago, BoysBoysBoys652 said:

That's an opinion. The majority like this song.

omg ive done exactly what u did with your dp :stalkga:

The angriest twink on GagaDaily.

Slayer

This is why recording a song three weeks before putting out an album is not a good idea.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

2 hours ago, BoysBoysBoys652 said:

That's an opinion. The majority like this song.

He didn't say it sucked at all. What he means that if the mixing was more decent and they didn't have to rush it (cause we know HML was actually created few weeks before release) than it could have been much better. It's true. There are many parts of the song with the delayed vocals and the effects that it's too much and you can't get out everything properly.

MrFameKills

Fad's best song. She'll never top it.

wish ya good fortune in tha wars 2 come

KURUSHITOVSKA

It sounds better on vinyl. The vinyl release was mixed specially for the vinyl, maybe it's not """better""" but it does sound different

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Hecturr

you could always remedy it with an equalizer, it's not perfect, but it helps. I mean yeah the mixing isn't all that great, you can hear high pitched background static on the fohl stem too lol. It was made on the road, which i like. However, that comes with a price

Didymus

The mixes of the entire album are quite terrible, esp. when it comes to vocals (excl. Yoü and I).

He just stated an opinion and you are already crucifying him lol

You're right tho, BTW is really "raw" in terms of sound, while ARTPOP is really clean and polished, maybe too much that makes it feel sort of """fake""""

But I love both albums anyway DON'T COME FOR ME

Glory

I think it's made on purpose.

The whole album feels loud, a bit dirty, kind of like the cover and the name of it "Born This Way". Not perfect, but awesome with all its flaws.

The only problem with HML is that it wasn't a single. :giveup:

Spoiler

I enjoyed much more the noisiness of BTW that the electronic cut sound of AP tbh

That's Fernando Garibay for you. He is terrible, his productions sound so messy, noisy, saturated... The EPs he put out with Kylie Minogue were awful because of this too.

Archived